Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Humans do NOT come from Earth

sean6

Get an Apple "Z" ~ IT fell from a tree and boots in three seconds ! ANd Has the inside track to Area42 ~ The answer to everything in the Universe !

No but lets not get too excited. I had my first pc around 1995. It was internet capable, did word processing, played games with multi-media.

This new machine is the business don't me wrong; it boots up in 10 seconds and I'm on line in 15. The main thing it boasts is speed.

It's not evolutionary upgrade. It's refinement if you like. There is a difference. The same with cars and just about everything else. It's all been around for decades.

Sounds like you got an SSD drive. I had mine custom built by CyberpowerPC. You just build or customize your computer the way you want (this assumes that you know enough that you don't order parts that will not function well together) and two weeks later it comes loaded up with all the software and extra parts. A co-worker told me about the place, and I can tell you, if I had tried to go to Dell or Micron and ordered something close to what I had built, it would have cost me over twice as much. The first time I powered mine on, I almost cried! It was like I was given a machine that was 20 years ahead of it's time.

That was over 3 years ago, so the video card probably needs replacing and I'll probably replace the SSD since it's getting rather full now.

Specs:

• MSI X58A-GD45 Motherboard
  • i7-980 CPU @ 3.33 GHz
  • 12 Gigs RAM
  • Win 7 Ultimate, 64-bit SP1
  • Critical M4, 256 GB SSD, 6GB/sec. SATA drive
  • Marvell, 2 TB, Raid 1, ATA Drives
  • EVGA GTX 570 with a dedicated GT 430 PhysX card
  • ViewSonic VX2258 Touch Screen monitor

... and a crapload of other bells, whistles and input devices.

Sorry for getting sidetracked folks, I'll return you to your previously scheduled program.

Humans originate from earth.

Humans of Earth ! Now thats gotta be a Classic ! What if,Just What If We Humans were actually just a afterthought that E.T had as they were mapping out the Universe and as they swooped by our little blue orb deposited a little DNA that grew into us after a few million years of cooking?

Nah! Stuff Like that only Happens in the Movies !

Afterall were just the green slime that crawled outta the Goo !

But Look how clever we became! :tu:

Sounds like you got an SSD drive. I had mine custom built by CyberpowerPC. You just build or customize your computer the way you want (this assumes that you know enough that you don't order parts that will not function well together) and two weeks later it comes loaded up with all the software and extra parts. A co-worker told me about the place, and I can tell you, if I had tried to go to Dell or Micron and ordered something close to what I had built, it would have cost me over twice as much. The first time I powered mine on, I almost cried! It was like I was given a machine that was 20 years ahead of it's time.

That was over 3 years ago, so the video card probably needs replacing and I'll probably replace the SSD since it's getting rather full now.

Specs:

• MSI X58A-GD45 Motherboard

• i7-980 CPU @ 3.33 GHz

• 12 Gigs RAM

• Win 7 Ultimate, 64-bit SP1

• Critical M4, 256 GB SSD, 6GB/sec. SATA drive

• Marvell, 2 TB, Raid 1, ATA Drives

• EVGA GTX 570 with a dedicated GT 430 PhysX card

• ViewSonic VX2258 Touch Screen monitor

... and a crapload of other bells, whistles and input devices.

Sorry for getting sidetracked folks, I'll return you to your previously scheduled program.

Humans originate from earth.

Still not evolutionary upgrade. It just does the same basic things but faster.

I am doing very little different now with my pc than I did 20 years ago.

I browse, shop on line, I use spreadsheets, word processing, etc etc..............

I just do it faster. A car still has 4 pistons and uses petrol. It did 60 years ago. It now has fuel injection and is more efficient and faster that's all. Evolutionary upgrade would involve a new cleaner cheaper fuel source. It would mean people being able to fly in safety etc.

The argument is compelling. Microwaves, nuclear power, digital watches, mobile phones.................it's all old tech and been around for decades.

It now takes billions of dollars to build particle accelerators and all that does is give us highly abstract unusable new information. Still no fusion. Still no means of cheaply extracting Hydrogen from water.

Humans are not from earth.

The human race is stuck

I'm struggling to see how you can equate technological stasis with a non-Terran origin for Homo Sapiens Sapiens.

Edited by Sir Wearer of Hats
  • Like 1

Homo sapiens did not originate in Tehran, no matter what the Ayatollahs say.

LIES! Heretical. Naughty LIES!!

• Like 2

I'm struggling to see how you can equate technological stasis with a non-Terran origin for Homo Sapiens Sapiens.

The fact that he fails to see small-scale incremental advance for what it is doesn't help. The fact that he thinks all cars still only have 4 pistons is telling too. Either there's something in effect similar to the Wallace line that's prevented V-8's from migrating to the isle of Jersey or we have a classic case of island dwarfism in action.

• Like 5

Not if your last computer was a P4!

I browse, shop on line, I use spreadsheets, word processing, etc etc..............

Really? You shopped online 20 years ago?

I just do it faster. A car still has 4 pistons and uses petrol. It did 60 years ago. It now has fuel injection and is more efficient and faster that's all. Evolutionary upgrade would involve a new cleaner cheaper fuel source. It would mean people being able to fly in safety etc.

If you junked that Jaguar that you have to tune up every morning, you might think otherwise.

The argument is compelling. Microwaves, nuclear power, digital watches, mobile phones.................it's all old tech and been around for decades.

Wow, and all that work I did for the military and industry was all just a ruse to keep me busy.

It now takes billions of dollars to build particle accelerators and all that does is give us highly abstract unusable new information. Still no fusion. Still no means of cheaply extracting Hydrogen from water.

Finally something we can agree on, no self sustaining fusion reaction after 60+ years of trying.

The human race is stuck

Nope! Sorry.

Its quite easy to claim that,... But, lets see if you can back that with something else than your flapping lips!?

How do you explain the fact that we share DNA with all living things on this planet? We share 50% of our genetic make up with a banana. Scientists have found this thanks to the Human Genome project, which mapped all the genes in the human body and allowed them to compare our genes with other life forms. Here are some other interesting comparisons: We share 60% of genes with a Fruit Fly, 75% with a mouse and 80% with a cow!

Scientists say that this is because plant and animal life separated about 1.5 billion years ago, and the genes we share are due to our common ancestors.

The human race is stuck

Some individuals more than others.

Edited by Hazzard
  • Like 4

'Humans are not from earth.'

Well, some of us arn't. :yes:

Yes, we are all made of stardust :)

But that doesn't mean that we process and radiate star dust.

Unless a Ferrari is well tuned, running off the correct fuel, and well looked after it won't deliver 400 BHP.

The question is does a human know how to become correctly tuned?

I was tuned pretty well in my youth. Not so much now though

• Like 3

But that doesn't mean that we process and radiate star dust.

Unless a Ferrari is well tuned, running off the correct fuel, and well looked after it won't deliver 400 BHP.

The question is does a human know how to become correctly tuned?

All this post does is remind the rest of us that you see yourself as more clever than anyone around you. How about you seriously address Hazzard's post?

"How do you explain the fact that we share DNA with all living things on this planet? We share 50% of our genetic make up with a banana. Scientists have found this thanks to the Human Genome project, which mapped all the genes in the human body and allowed them to compare our genes with other life forms. Here are some other interesting comparisons: We share 60% of genes with a Fruit Fly, 75% with a mouse and 80% with a cow!

Scientists say that this is because plant and animal life separated about 1.5 billion years ago, and the genes we share are due to our common ancestors."

All this post does is remind the rest of us that you see yourself as more clever than anyone around you. How about you seriously address Hazzard's post?

"How do you explain the fact that we share DNA with all living things on this planet? We share 50% of our genetic make up with a banana. Scientists have found this thanks to the Human Genome project, which mapped all the genes in the human body and allowed them to compare our genes with other life forms. Here are some other interesting comparisons: We share 60% of genes with a Fruit Fly, 75% with a mouse and 80% with a cow!

Scientists say that this is because plant and animal life separated about 1.5 billion years ago, and the genes we share are due to our common ancestors."

Your point about the shared dna is right on target and to my mind is conclusive that humans evolved here. It is also the problem I have with those who claimed aliens interbred with our ancestors to make us as you would probably have more success interbreeding with bananas than aliens as we at least share some dna with bananas
  • Like 1

you would probably have more success interbreeding with bananas...

I've seen this done.

Harte

• Like 2

I've seen this done.

Harte

Well I saw what looked like an attempt during a stage show on the island of Okinawa but I don't think any offspring came from it
  • Like 2

It happens, on rare occasions:

35257_p.jpg

Harte

• Like 3

I wonder how medieval European UM-ers must have reasoned...

"The Church hasn't had an original thought in centuries. . . Our weapons systems today are virtually unchanged since the the Roman Empire was founded. . . Horses do not convey our knights any faster than in the days of the Huns or of the Assyrians before them. . . Women are still of 'no use' except for bearing and raising children. . . These candles, oil lamps and the evening firelight make my eyes grow dim--as befell my grandfather and his great-great-great grandfather before him. . . and before him. . . The human race is stuck.

Therefore, humans are not from earth."

• Like 4

As interested as I would be in reading a serious attempt from the UM clown, Im will not be holding my breath wile waiting for that one......

Edited by DBunker

You're not using your imagination if you thinking a desktop computer is the pinnacle of human technological advancement over the past 20 years.

People are walking around with computers in their pockets that are orders of magnitude more powerful than your 1995 desktop. Pocket computers with phones built in. That can take photographs and video footage with no need for film developing or having to load it with video tape. That can tell then to within meters their location anywhere on earth. That can do things I never dreamed I'd see possible within my lifetime when I was plonking away at my (looking back at it) clunky old Windows 95 desktop with it's huge clumsy CRT screen and an internet connection that was literally hundreds of times slower than my current broadband. And at the time, I thought the likes of Doom and Duke Nukem 3d were hot **** (first 3d games i'd played) and that whole concept of the world wide web was something I hadn't dreamed of as a kid with my ZX Spectrum.

But zoser doesn't have his flying car therefore technology sucks.

It's been decades since you believe any major technical advancements have been made... therefore humans either came from outer space or were subject to genetic engineering by aliens from thousands of years ago? How does that equate to aliens having anything to do with man's evolution? Are you saying we'd be developing technology faster without aliens or slower or what?

I'd like to see the logic behind that.

You can take any period in history and make the same vapid claim that things are just incremental improvements from previous generations. During the industrial revolution you'd be whinging that the machines that allowed for modern industry to thrive were just refinements of already existing science and technology.

Yet here we are in 2013 with MRI scanners, antibiotics, pocket computers, rovers on Mars, a world of information at our fingertips, etc. when a few hundred years ago people thought diseases were caused by imbalances of the humours or demonic influence and the internal combustion engine you're whinging about not improving in recent times hadn't been dreamt of.

You're staring at the forest and declaring that it's not a forest because it's just more of the same stuff that makes a tree. How can you possibly look at how medicine, technology, etc. has advanced since medieval times and declare us to be stuck? It takes wilful ignorance to believe such a thing.

It's interesting that you can look at an iPhone and declare it to be evidence that we are stuck technologically, yet find some old neatly tightly stacked rocks and you're going gaga about how the only possible explanation is aliens from outer space.

edit: It's also worth noting that some of your fellow ET believers draw the same conclusion from the exact opposite reasoning as you do and they tell us the pace of human technological advancement can only be attributed to help from ET. You're telling that because we aren't actually innovating, therefore ET (which I still don't understand).

Edited by JesseCuster
  • Like 1

The skeptics here lack insight. I've always said that. They are good at technical science as presented in text books. They are very poor at looking at things like the bigger picture and comparison analysis.

Easily debunked. Try and make the argument stand up that we are 2% advanced from Chimps, 40% more than fruit flies, 25% more than mice, and 20% more than cows.

Try and make it stand. If you can. All it says to me is that DNA is only a very small part of the story. Nothing more.

And you believe them? Try and make it stick that we evolved from plants. The onus is on you as the person making the claim.

You're not using your imagination if you thinking a desktop computer is the pinnacle of human technological advancement over the past 20 years.

My argument is that the human race is at the end of a run of some kind.

All we can do is make 5% tweaks here and there. Nothing evolutionary is occurring. Nothing at all.