Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 1
VailValleyParanormalTeam

Dover Demon: Where did it go?

15 posts in this topic

Another "story".

How old was the "artist" who drew that pic? over 5 or under 7?

2 people like this

Another "story".

How old was the "artist" who drew that pic? over 5 or under 7?

It was the eye witnesses quick sketch of the being.

the paint was added to the pic but was not on the original sketch

So the paint made it even worse.

EDIT:

Sorry, meant better.

Edited by freetoroam
1 person likes this

The Dover 'Demon' actually looks harmless. I think if you fed it pennies it would become friends with you and you could take it home as a pet. It should be renamed the Dover Darling.

1 person likes this

That picture was drawn by a Chimp looking at a human.

2 people like this

The Dover Demon is an interesting one, that same era gave us some of the more inexplicable creature sightings like the Enfield Horror. Stuff that doesn't match up with anything ever reported anywhere else, ever. Lot of very interesting cases, but I'm at a loss for theories on what exactly was going on in the '70s.

The Dover 'Demon' actually looks harmless. I think if you fed it pennies it would become friends with you and you could take it home as a pet. It should be renamed the Dover Darling.

You do come out with some weird old **** sometimes, but its funny.

The Dover Demon is an interesting one, that same era gave us some of the more inexplicable creature sightings like the Enfield Horror. Stuff that doesn't match up with anything ever reported anywhere else, ever. Lot of very interesting cases, but I'm at a loss for theories on what exactly was going on in the '70s.

Just wiki'ed "when did recreational drugs come in".......it appears the late 60's/70's, otherwise known as club drugs.

Guess we have the answer as to what exactly was going on in the 70's now.

1 person likes this

"The Dover Demon does not seem to be a pressing matter. . ." 'Appearances recorded: 2.'--All directly from the OP's provided link. Heck, even the Buffalo Bills made 4 consecutive appearances in the Super Bowl (recording no wins, of course).

Well, I'm taking this one differently. We 'all know' that aliens, especially 'grays,' love to abduct humans and perform unspeakable surgical procedures upon them.

So: Tell me that sketch isn't of a 'gray" wearing a surgical mask. Prepped and ready for interplanetary mayhem.

"Watch the skies! Keep watching!!!" (from the conclusion of the original version of "The Thing")

1 person likes this

As a kid, this story really spooked me for some reason. I rememeber some detail about its feet fusing into the rocks that it was standing on. Now as an adult, if I encountered one, I'd probably just give it a running punt across Massachussets.

As a kid, this story really spooked me for some reason. I rememeber some detail about its feet fusing into the rocks that it was standing on. Now as an adult, if I encountered one, I'd probably just give it a running punt across Massachussets.

Its feet didn't literally fuse into the rocks, that was a description used by one of the witnesses, as I recall. What he meant was that its feet formed to the rock it was standing on in a creepy manner, like it had no bones.

Nice. I could probably get more hang time in that case.

The Dover Demon is its similarity to the Cree folklore of a race of trickster spirits called the Mannegishi. According to Cree mythology, the Mannegish are an aquatic race living between the rocks in rapids who play pranks and jokes by capsizing any boats entering into the river.

The Dover Demon only had a few sightings (2 or 3, I can't remember) and the first one was made by a bunch of teenagers if I recall correctly. It hasn't been seen since. I doubt it's real.