Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

World's most toxic places revealed:

Commander CMG

• Horrifying list compiled by environmental body The Blacksmith Institute
  • Sites include mines, factories, landfills and the Chernobyl nuclear plant
  • The top ten alone put more than 200 million people in danger every day

arrow3.gifView: Read more

• Like 1

And these countries also export goods around the world....safe? who really knows?

One more needs adding to that list now:

Fukushima Japan.

• Like 2

Funny, not a single mention of our village's 'Ye Olde Greasie Spoone Tea Shoppe'!

• Like 2

I thought the title said 10 most exotic...so you can imagine my confusion by the list I read...

:w00t: I bet you nearly broke your finger clicking on the mouse to follow the link... :lol: :lol:

• Like 2

I thought the title said 10 most exotic...so you can imagine my confusion by the list I read...

Give it another 20 years and thats what will be advertised as the most exotic places, anything to try and boost up the area.

No doubt whats underground will not be mentioned, just like when they built the Olympic statium here..."radioactive waste? Huh, that was years ago, anyway, here, have a glowing cocktail on us."

• Like 1

There's a place northwest of Denver where you can take a picture that includes the Rocky Flats nuclear plant, the Rocky Mountain Arsenal ("world's most-polluted square mile") and the Denver metro skyline, all in the same photo.

There's also Pitcher, Oklahoma, a town that is down to it's last half-dozen residents and will soon be destroyed altogether. There's nothing that can be done to decontaminate the place, so it's just being abandoned. The world needs to start cleaning up its act.

Doug

UK Govt did a study of cancer hot spots back in the 90s but it was immediately hushed up and shoved to the back of some archive never to see the light of day. Chatting to someone involved in the study at the time I found a large part of my home town was built on the highly toxic clinker resulting from nickel and chrome extraction processes. And the mines beneath the town had been pumped full of industrial waste. The Govt realised that if that report were to ever be made public whole areas of the UK would empty and a lot of important people would be staring out at the world from behind bars.

When you see the average life of a working male is 54 years old in your home town....well, its time to move on! I did