Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Still Waters

Pianist faces jail over noise pollution claim

8 posts in this topic

Spanish prosecutors are seeking a 20-month prison sentence for a professional pianist whose former neighbour is suing over alleged noise pollution.

Musician Laia Martin is on trial in Girona after her family's downstairs neighbour, Sonia Bosom, accused her of causing psychological harm.

Prosecutors are also demanding that the 27-year-old be banned from professional piano playing for six months.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...europe-24967042

They have to figure out what she was playing.

Due to specific legal presidents, this should be thrown out if she was playing rock.

As we all know

Rock n roll ain't noise pollution.

Man that would have sucked to be her neighbor, 20 months in prison seems a bit steep though. I think a fine paid to neighbor would be more appropriate.

1 person likes this

Id be jailed if I took to playing.Three of those would be for noise pollution and one for breaking the damn thing to pieces and chucking it out of my window

1 person likes this

So it took four years before the neighbor said anything? And now she has such a "horror" of pianos that she cannot stand to see one in a movie? Then this person has other problems and it has nothing to do with pianos.

And the pianist, even her parents are being sued? Good grief....I just have a hard time swallowing this bucket of tripe.

3 people like this

What ever happened to music appreciation? As long as it isn't 2AM, deal with it lady.

I'm of mixed feelings about this and one of the reasons I would never live in an apartment. Most things are fine in moderation, but even a rose can be considered a weed if it's growing where it's not wanted. It's like the people who have children that only allow them to play musical instruments certain times of the day. It gives the rest of the family a break and provides quiet time for studying and doing homework. It also keeps them from killing each other. :yes:

Edited by Michelle
1 person likes this

I can understand how it might get on someone's nerves BIGTIME! after awhile? But ya, 20 months in Jail? The prosecutor wanted to put her away for seven years!

Ms Bosom alleges that the pianist - a conservatoire student at the time - practiced her piano for eight hours, five days a week from 2003-2007.

In their defence, the Martin family said they had tried to soundproof the room, and that the practice had not been as constant as claimed.

The public prosecutor had initially sought a jail term of over seven years for Ms Martin.

1 person likes this