Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 4
SereneScene

Does anyone have an explanation for Deja Vu?

32 posts in this topic

Well, seeing as Deja Vu has been firmly associated with Temporal-Lobe Epilepsy it's fairly safe to assume that some sort of 'processing error' is occurring in your brain during the experience. Most likely, your brain just accidentally processes a piece of information twice.

That sounds like the theory I heard :D

That sounds like the theory I heard :D

See post #4. It may not be as sexy as alternate univereses or past lives but recent research shows it's a kind of "short circuit" between short and long term memory.
1 person likes this

Deja Vu ,I don't know about anyone else but when I have it, it feels like going through that exact scene before.In the case of the mice that was were two in different scenes.

I tend to the view that it is some sort of memory of past lives, or at least the most recent past life. This can only be based on personal experience, which is not admissible as science and no doubt is culturally biased and all that.

I have a pretty good notion of where I lived and who I was and how I died, all from episodes of deja vu. Not memories but traces that give one that sensation accompanied by other emotions in a really weird way.

I know it's stupid for me to even post this, and I have fully discounted it to myself many times. More probably I have just built it in my mind over the years. It gnaws on me regardless.

The explanation of a short-circuit between short and long term memory (long term memory not remembering that short term memory just experienced it, and so feeling this has been experienced before) is contrived and doesn't work, since the experience dependably repeats itself with the right stimuli.

A bigger consciousness looking into your experience through you, as you yourself aware of the experience itself. You understand it as 'time' like it happened before, but instead it is your higher consciousness that is also the part of universal consciousness that created everything ;) I used to have A LOT of it and lots of coincidences like looking at the watch when it is exactly 10:10, 13:13, 11:11 etc. But not anymore. I am over it :)

Yeah me too.. What is that???

Also, I had a lot of times when I would look at my watch at exactly 13 mins past... Infact, 13 was a reoccurring number that came up almost everywhere... Including addresses I worked at, pages I turned to, important due dates & other stuff I've now forgotten!!

Weird or what!!!

I also wondered what it might mean but now it doesn't really happen anymore...

I don't dream of Zombies like I used to either... Strange?

EDITED: By the way... does anyone else ever think how wrong the word wrong looks?..

It just looks.. er.. wrong???

Edited by Somethings Not Right

Also, I had a lot of times when I would look at my watch at exactly 13 mins past... Infact, 13 was a reoccurring number that came up almost everywhere... Including addresses I worked at, pages I turned to, important due dates & other stuff I've now forgotten!!

Weird or what!!!

EDITED: By the way... does anyone else ever think how wrong the word wrong looks?..

WOW.... deja vu ??

user_green.png Somethings Not Right

Ectoplasmic Residue

• photo-135403.jpg?_r=1387748492
  • bullet_black.png
  • 246 posts

• Trust No one

125]

Posted Today, 08:54 PM

snapback.png

Somethings Not Right, on 23 December 2013 - 06:29 PM, said:

Weird or what!!!

WOW.... deja vu ??