Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 1
thyra

A Meditation experince with time

4 posts in this topic

I have had a strange meditation experience some time ago. I grabbed a cd including some japanese folk songs and put myself on the bed after looking at the clock. I listened to the first piece of the cd and left the meditation when it ended. it took about 20-25 minutes. later that day I checked the cd to note the name of the piece of that song so that i cant meditate on it again and found out the first piece in the cd is not 20 minutes but 4 minutes. actually there was no 20-25 minute song on the cd at all. I couldnt also recall the melody so that i could check if it had anything to do with any piece in the cd.

Anything like that happened in your meditation experiences relating time?

I manage my meditation with a nice clock that gives me a single soft chime when time is up. The time is always what I set, although of course my subjective sense of it varies. You many never know what happened unless it repeats; I think odds are you got something mixed up.

1 person likes this

I have had a strange meditation experience some time ago. I grabbed a cd including some japanese folk songs and put myself on the bed after looking at the clock. I listened to the first piece of the cd and left the meditation when it ended. it took about 20-25 minutes. later that day I checked the cd to note the name of the piece of that song so that i cant meditate on it again and found out the first piece in the cd is not 20 minutes but 4 minutes. actually there was no 20-25 minute song on the cd at all. I couldn't also recall the melody so that i could check if it had anything to do with any piece in the cd.

Quite often, time slows when I get myself into a deep meditative state. Somtimes the ratio seems about 4 to one.. That is, 4 mintues in meditation = 1 minute of regular time.. This might have something to do with the perception of time when you blood pressure drops, or it may have deeper meaning, dunno..

I have had a strange meditation experience some time ago. I grabbed a cd including some japanese folk songs and put myself on the bed after looking at the clock. I listened to the first piece of the cd and left the meditation when it ended. it took about 20-25 minutes. later that day I checked the cd to note the name of the piece of that song so that i cant meditate on it again and found out the first piece in the cd is not 20 minutes but 4 minutes. actually there was no 20-25 minute song on the cd at all. I couldnt also recall the melody so that i could check if it had anything to do with any piece in the cd.

Those things tend to happen when you fall asleep.