Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Receiving texts from a phone with no SIM card

IBelieveWhatIWant

Today I was playing on my computer when I got a text on my old Iphone, not too strange right?

Well the phone in question hasn't had a SIM card in it for quite a while, so when I got a text from it I was shocked to say the least.

Since I had got a new phone and my brother had been using it while his was getting fixed. But he then started to use my mum's old phone because some on the buttons on my don't react straight away and was a pain to him, anyway I am just wondering if why something like this might come through.

But on top of that a few minutes ago I sent back a blank message (with just a space in it) and it actually sent as well.

I have no idea why mine would have sent or how I got this text

Any ideas would be helpful

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IBelieveWhatIWant

• Ugly1

• g00dfella

• Calle

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure I understand. Do you still have the same cell phone number that you had with your old iPhone? Does the old iPhone connected via WiFi with a text service on it? How do you know the text is from the old iPhone? Does it show the text on the old phone as if it was in service? Can you make calls from the other phone?

I am using the same SIM card it is now in my new phone

The old phone is still connected to wifi but I tried to send a text to my my current phone and my mums phone with the message being "No SIM card" when I tried to send it, but I can still send texts to the number than texted me

The text showed up on the old phone, it was from a number I hadn't seen before and yes with only that number it acts like it is still in service enabling me to send texts as well as get them

I tried to call the number to no avail, my mum tried to call it from her phone but it rung out with a generic answering message

Enjoy free Sms :P

Well if you disconnect cellular service, your number is recycled and therefore not associated with your phone anymore...just a coincidence bro.

Pls call NSA helpdesk for support.