Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

3 Women 'held as slaves' for 30 years

seeder

Women 'held as slaves for 30 years'

Three women have been "rescued" from a house in south London as police investigate claims they were held as slaves for about 30 years.

Police arrested two suspects, a 67-year-old man and a 67-year-old woman.

Last month officers were contacted by Freedom Charity after it received a call from a woman saying she had been held against her will for decades.

A Malaysian woman, 69, an Irish woman, 57, and a British woman, 30, were all rescued from the house, police said. The women, who are said to be "highly traumatised", are now in safe accommodation.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-25040741

"A 67-year-old man and woman were held in Lambeth and bailed until January.

Police said the two people arrested were not British nationals"

Quelle surprire !!

Not British Nationals eh! & bailed until January. It'll be interesting to see if they bother to turn up for the trial or just bugger off back to Pakistan or Saudi or wherever the hell they're from.

(p.s. are there any British Nationals living in Lambeth these days?)

Edited by itsnotoutthere
  • Like 4

"The three women eventually left the property when the occupants of the house were not around, the charity said"

Hardly a dramatic rescue then was it? Like with Ariel Castro in the states who did similar

What I dont get in cases like this....is.. why wait so long? If they were not chained up or locked in a room with shuttered windows, then 3 against 2 pensioners sounds like an easy fight...and in most homes there are many things you could make into weapons.. heck take a knife from the knife block, bash 'em on the head with a can of beans...or a handful of coins in a sock...but perhaps they were mentally deficient in a way? And NO disrespect intended with that statement..

Or maybe Im just thinking like a testosterone man...

Edited by seeder
  • Like 2

The thing is seeder, we don't know what sort of psychological damage has been done to these three individuals over the years.

I'm just amazed neighbors never seem to spot anything in these circumstances.......but then again it was Lambeth.

• Like 3

The thing is seeder, we don't know what sort of psychological damage has been done to these three individuals over the years.

I'm just amazed neighbors never seem to spot anything in these circumstances.......but then again it was Lambeth.

Thats the thing with city life isnt it? I lived in south London for half of my life, you soon get used to/wary of - aggressive 'mob' kids on buses, fights in the streets, muggings...pickpockets.. hell where I lived you'd hear a siren literally every ten mins, be it police/fire or ambulance....you get hardened to it..and yes, its reflection of modern hectic life that city people dont care about - or dont make contact with - their neighbours, everyone is too busy doing their own thing, and it can be lonely in the city, thats for sure.

Plus we do know, that some people initially 'choose' to be servants, you can find ads in mags requesting 'live in domestic help'...and I knew an Arab couple who had an indian girl live with them as their servant domestic help, but that was all above board...

We need to know more details, and eventually we will..

• Like 2

Remember this post from 16th October :- http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2463277/Inside-Ilyas-Ashars-basement-kept-sex-slave.html

And this was my comment at the time :-

Something tells me that this type of thing is probably more common than we realize.

Edited by itsnotoutthere
  • Like 1

One thing I did find confusing about this report was :-

And :-

"The 30-year-old had spent her whole life in captivity. Officers are trying to establish whether she was born in the house."

So the two people are not British nationals, but kept one of these women captive for 30 years. Exactly what sort of visa is it that allows you to stay in the country for 30 years?

• Like 1

And...

"Commander Steve Rodhouse told a press briefing that the three women told police they had been beaten".

It has also emerged the couple suspected of keeping them as slaves were arrested in the 1970s.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-25055337

OK its getting stranger....

British slave woman's 'scented love letters and photographs to the neighbour she was obsessed with'

'Spooky' woman, 30, sent letters and photographs to neighbour

Marius Feneck lives two floors above alleged slave home in south London

Received seven photos of brunette woman and 500 letters, he claims

Mr Feneck's girlfriend says the correspondence went on for seven years

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2512503/Slave-womans-scented-love-letters-photographs-neighbour-obsessed-with.html

• Like 1

Quelle surprire !!

Not British Nationals eh! & bailed until January. It'll be interesting to see if they bother to turn up for the trial or just bugger off back to Pakistan or Saudi or wherever the hell they're from.

(p.s. are there any British Nationals living in Lambeth these days?)

Pakistani or Saudi? So you assume they are muslims?

• Like 1

One thing I did find confusing about this report was :-

And :-

"The 30-year-old had spent her whole life in captivity. Officers are trying to establish whether she was born in the house."

So the two people are not British nationals, but kept one of these women captive for 30 years. Exactly what sort of visa is it that allows you to stay in the country for 30 years?

That would be the indefinite leave to remain (ILR). They might also be from another nation within the EU, in which case they would not need any visa at all.

Edit: Typo

Edited by FLOMBIE

One of them was from Bangladesh and the other one from Mozambique? Apparently they supported Marxism

That would be the indefinite leave to remain (ILR). They might also be from another nation within the EU, in which case they would not need any visa at all.

Edit: Typo

Or there might of course be the third option.

From the updated article :-

Mr Rodhouse described the three women as having been restrained by "invisible handcuffs" and confirmed they have made a clear allegation of slavery against the two suspects, who have also been arrested on suspicion of immigration offences.

Edited by itsnotoutthere

Great Britain indicates Great Britain.Im not against foreign nationals but we should police our country better.

First pics

The face of Rosie 'the slave': Woman held for three decades is named and pictured as police probe mystery death fall of 'mother'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2513544/Rosie-London-slave-named-police-probe-death-fall-mother.html

further update

Pictured for the first time: Communist sect 'leader' accused of keeping three women as slaves for more than 30 years

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2513964/Pictured-time-Communist-sect-leader-accused-keeping-women-slaves-30-years.html

I tell you what, this story gets wierder. this just in:

The daughter of a Second World War codebreaker is one of three women allegedly held as a slave by a Maoist sect, it has been claimed.

Josephine Herivel, in her fifties, is the daughter of John Herivel, one of the leading codebreakers at Bletchley Park who deciphered the Enigma code.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013/11/27/slave-is-codebreakers-daughter_n_4347545.html?icid=maing-grid7%7Cuk%7Cdl7%7Csec1_lnk2%26pLid%3D226136

• Like 2

I tell you what, this story gets wierder. this just in:

The daughter of a Second World War codebreaker is one of three women allegedly held as a slave by a Maoist sect, it has been claimed.

Josephine Herivel, in her fifties, is the daughter of John Herivel, one of the leading codebreakers at Bletchley Park who deciphered the Enigma code.

http://www.huffingto...nk2&pLid=226136

see the vid with Josephine here... she wasnt looking like a prisoner back then. The whole story is quite strange I find, be interesting to learn more...as we will..

http://www.itv.com/n...97-documentary/

Edited by seeder
  • Like 1

see the vid with Josephine here... she wasnt looking like a prisoner back then. The whole story is quite strange I find, be interesting to learn more...as we will..

http://www.itv.com/n...97-documentary/

I seriously doubt the "slaves" angle after seeing these "slaves" walking freely by themselves, defending their captor to TV cameras and denying he had any involvement with a mysterious death that occurred in one of their residences. So they were "captive" for thirty years, but don't tell the police when interviewed in 1997?

Story stinks to high heaven. If they were "brainwashed and beaten" as the police in this article claims, then how did the police find out they were "slaves"?

Police said the captives, a 69-year-old Malaysian, a 57-year-old Irishwoman and a 30-year-old Briton, had not been physically restrained at the couple's apartment, but were bound to their captors by "invisible handcuffs" in a "disturbing picture of emotional control".

Does this look like someone trying to escape "invisible handcuffs"?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etXgBIpHn74

• Like 1

Maybe the bedroom tax rumbled everything and they decided to play it this way to ensure they were legally re-homed?

• Like 1

My wife is not far behind, this record. I have been her slave for just over 25yrs.

• Like 3

Great Britain indicates Great Britain.Im not against foreign nationals but we should police our country better.

And I agree 100% with your statement.