Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
questionmark

German WWII U-Boat Found Near Indonesia

4 posts in this topic

The rusted remains of a Nazi-era submarine have been discovered off the coast of Java, Indonesia. Researchers are looking through the wreckage, which includes human bones and plates with Nazi insignia, for clues that could identify the ship.

Researchers have apparently discovered the remains of a World War II-era German U-boat and the skeletons of its crew off the coast of Indonesia. Experts say it's an unprecedented find that could provide insight into how the war was fought in the South West Pacific theater.

The first inspection uncovered binoculars, batteries and dinner plates emblazoned with swastikas, according to an AFP report printed by the newspaper The Star on Thursday. There were also reportedly 17 human skeletons buried in the wreckage, and more bones may yet be discovered.

Read more

2 people like this

Very interesting.

While most of us knew that Japanese submarines were active in this area, this is the first time I've heard of German subs in the region.

1 person likes this

Very interesting.

While most of us knew that Japanese submarines were active in this area, this is the first time I've heard of German subs in the region.

More of them than I'd have thought: http://monsun-uboats.blogspot.com/

Hopefully the remains can be indentified & returned to any living relatives.

1 person likes this