Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Still Waters

Deadly pink jellyfish thought to be extinct

4 posts in this topic

The amazingly rare Crambione Cookii has not been witnessed because 1910 but has been not long ago spotted off the coastline of Queensland, Australia, in which it was captured.

Not significantly is regarded about the mysterious species, which steps 50cm long and has a sting so effective that it can be felt in the drinking water bordering the creature.

http://dailynewsen.c...lian-coast.html

Ugh - trying to read that article made my head hurt.

But it sure is an interesting find. Hopefully it survives now that it's been captured. :hmm:

I'm hoping that article was a poor translation ... otherwise the editor needs to take a harder look at what gets published...

But.. yes it was an interesting find...

Try this link. The first one reads like ti has been translated a couple of times.

LINK

Looks like a pink bluebottle, but bluebottles are not a worry. Hope nobody confuses them. When I was younger, we used to sit on surfboards at the back-break, and throw bluebottles at each other for fun. Sting can be felt in the surrounding water? Damn, that is mean. I hope I do not see one ever. Just up the road though, look out Sir Wearer of Hats, that's your backyard.

Edited by psyche101