Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

World’s Largest Tortoise found in Amazon

Lady Shade

Hmmm Idk if this is true. How can a tortoise grow that big?

post-112526-0-58626800-1385175327_thumb.

World’s largest tortoise found in amazon river. Its age around 529 years old / height-59 feet/ weight-800 pounds OR 362.87 kg incredible… Amazing

The red rimmed tortoise is also called the red-foot or red-legged tortoise, the Brazilian giant tortoise, or South American forest tortoise, as well as local names such as morrocoy, woyamou or wayamo, or some variation of jabuta. Many of the local names are shared with the similar red-footed tortoise. These types of large size tortoise are always found in the Amazon River, most of them are found in (Peru, Brazil, Colombia, Venezuela, and so on) the Adults often reach 3m in length, however this one is much larger. The tortoise Females have wide flattened shells, are larger and more numerous than the males tortoise, the Adult tortoise Arraus feed entirely on plant food.

Read more: http://news-hound.ne.../#ixzz2lQwfz0Ke

I didn't think anything could get that big lol. Not since dinosaur days. Thanks!! :tu:

Actually, I think I heard that tortoises could live for a very long time, possibly forever. It's usually outside forces like predators and things that kill them.

I think it was the tortoise anyways... I read that the way their body is, they regenerate and they never really wear out too much.

As for the picture, it looks quite fake.

I didn't think anything could get that big lol. Not since dinosaur days. Thanks!! :tu:

You should see some of the members at my gym?

• Like 1

It was obvious the plastic thing on the lorry was not a real tortoise, there is also no photos in the article of the giant tortoise when it was found and nothing in that article actually says it was the tortoise which was allegedly found.

• Like 1

It was obvious the plastic thing on the lorry was not a real tortoise, there is also no photos in the article of the giant tortoise when it was found and nothing in that article actually says it was the tortoise which was allegedly found.

It resembles something from a crappy Japanese "B" movie or teenage mutant ninja turtles.

• Like 1