Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

[Merged] Shanley Hotel: Ghost Cat Captured on Film

Still Waters

Two hours away from the Big Apple, as the thunderbird flies, is a quaint bed and breakfast best known for having more ghosts than guests. Most businesses advertise themselves as being haunted to scare up a few extra bucks, but owner Sal Nicosia delivers the goods without having to wear a sheet.

http://whofortedblog...ptured-on-film/

This isn't the first ghost blog or website I've noticed that uses irrelevant and misleading images to illustrate an article. The photo of the 'ghost cat' has nothing to do with the article or video in question. Probably not intentionally misleading, but I really wish they wouldn't do it.

Edited by JesseCuster
  • Like 3

This isn't the first ghost blog or website I've noticed that uses irrelevant and misleading images to illustrate an article. The photo of the 'ghost cat' has nothing to do with the article or video in question. Probably not intentionally misleading, but I really wish they wouldn't do it.

Very misleading. I looked at that pic and laughed at the motion blur of a real cat. Thanks for the heads- up.

• Like 1

Good video. It clearly shows the ghost cat exiting one room crossing the hallway and disappearing into the next room.

• Like 1

Good video. It clearly shows the ghost cat exiting one room crossing the hallway and disappearing into the next room.

What? You're not being serious are you?? Hoping you're being funny or sarcastic.....

• Like 1

What? You're not being serious are you?? Hoping you're being funny or sarcastic.....

Tell me what you see?

Oh yeah, that is really convincing evidence. That should ensure full bookings for the B&B for a few years.

Edited by sinewave

Well, it sure moved like a cat. If it isn't genuine, then at least they had the sense to use real cat footage or some decent motion capture to produce it.

I'm still trying to find the explanation as to why a cat would come back as a ghost.

Glitch in the matrix?

All Cats have the ability to slip between dimensions, we all know that.

What is with 99% of cryptid and ghost videos, and the people that experience them having potatoes instead of cameras?!?

I'm still trying to find the explanation as to why a cat would come back as a ghost.

I was going to say that I'd phrase the question as "Why wouldn't a cat come back as a ghost?"

...but then I realized that we were speculating on the motives of cats, and I defy anyone to get very far with that line of thought. ;)

• 1 month later...

I thought this was The Stanley, but it's the Shanley?

"Here's Kitty!"

Edited by QuiteContrary
  • Like 1

Oh oops, I some how mix the two up, A ghost made me do it.

• Like 1

Oh oops, I some how mix the two up, A ghost made me do it.

It must have been due to your terror after watching the video.

I can see making that connection. :yes:

It must have been due to your terror after watching the video.

I can see making that connection. :yes:

It doesn't have 4 legs

"Here's Kitty!"

Me too! I've always wished my name was Stanley so that I wouldn't need to put my name on my tools.

(Sorry for straying off-topic) *takes meds*

• Like 3

It doesn't have 4 legs

I meant a connection between The Shinning film and this Shanley video.

Both so equally terrifying :no:

(Jus' joking with you :P )

• Like 1