Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Seriously was Moses a Wizard ?

LostSouls7

Ok he has a big staff , magic staff. He has a huge white beard. he wears a robe.

He casts spells and curses on people in the name of God of course.

He fits the classic descritpion of a story book Wizard.

Has anyone else noticed this?

I also heard there was some occutl book called the sword of book of moses ??

Let's discuss.

• Like 2

Arguably, a wizard has inmate powers, while Moses was just asking God to use his cheat codes to change things so people listen\escape.

• Like 1

He could have been a wizard. Though it was never recorded whether or not he sported a pointy Merlin hat.

• Like 1

Is Santa a wizard? Sure he doesn't have a staff but he has magic.

• Like 2

Considering the 10 plagues and the fact that Egyptians never used immigrants as slaves, Moses was more like a terrorist.

• Like 1

Considering the 10 plagues and the fact that Egyptians never used immigrants as slaves, Moses was more like a terrorist.

A magical terrorist?

The legend says that Moses was a Basket case.

• Like 3

Who left this can of worms here, and who knocked it all over our nice clean floor?

• Like 2

Who left this can of worms here, and who knocked it all over our nice clean floor?

Let's just have some fun with Exodus like Kevin Smith would. Let's say...at least 10 plagues actually happened. Pharaoh was manipulated by God himself to act cruel to the People of God.

Unfortunately, if God is real then this story is not far off from our world we live in. I am not saying that it's all made up, but the core aspect of the Exodus story makes Mountains of Madness look like...I don't know, just pick up any Dr. Seuss book.

EDIT: If God is real, then the Book of Exodus reveals the true nature of the deity who rules our world. And when you realize it, you'd rather relocate to Hell.

Edited by ambelamba

Yes... Moses occupies an archetypical place in literature. And in life. I respect men with big white beards. I can't help it.

To bad I cant grow one. My Native American blood plays havoc on any facial hair.

Edited by White Crane Feather
  • Like 1

Yes... Moses occupies an archetypical place in literature. And in life. I respect men with big white beards. I can't help it.

To bad I cant grow one. My Native American blood plays havoc on any facial hair.

Even crazy hobos?

Even crazy hobos?

It's kind of weird, but yeah, part of the "wise old wizard/wise old crone" avatar is that often, the sources of that wisdom are of a lesser "caste" or social level, than one's own.

Race is another factor. Wise Asian masters of every creed and age are a common action movie staple. We also get the "Magical Negro", character who tends to have understated powers used to grow a white character into the movie's hero.

What I really want to discuss is about Exodus itself. Along with Book of Job, the book is probably the most terrifying document in a subtle manner. I don't care how apologists spin. When God manipulated the Pharaoh, he really manipulated the poor guy. No other interpretation is necessary.

I've seen good people suddenly snap one day and go postal with no apparent reason. And I was one of them. I felt the sensation inside when the incident happened. I am one of those rare people who felt so-called 'Presence and works of God', and came to realize that we are dealing with some kind of monster that cannot be reasoned with one way or another.

Good thing is that I never had the same experience again, even under a really stressful situation. I am going through one right now and I am doing my best to stay sane. That's one reason why I couldn't be an atheist. But for some reason my experience made me fear and hate God even more. And the incident happened WHEN I WAS A EVANGELISTIC CHRISTIAN, THE HEIGHT OF MY FAITH ON GOD AND JESUS.

• Like 1

Ok he has a big staff , magic staff. He has a huge white beard. he wears a robe.

He casts spells and curses on people in the name of God of course.

He fits the classic descritpion of a story book Wizard.

Has anyone else noticed this?

I also heard there was some occutl book called the sword of book of moses ??

Let's discuss.

But he doesn't have a pointy hat :wacko:

I agree with the geeky D&D reference. To quote Airheads, "I played D&D too". If Moses did have a Class, he's a Cleric. His alignment was probably Chaotic Good, given his defiance of lawful establishment, and his willingness to kill those who posed a threat to his people.

:geek:

Edited by Paranoid Android
  • Like 2

So Cleric had robes staffs. and long beards ?

in the game Hexen... the Cleric character also had magic power

like a Wizard.

Moses and Gandalf are so similar.. Staff... the long Beard.. and robe...

both with supernatural powers

It's kind of weird, but yeah, part of the "wise old wizard/wise old crone" avatar is that often, the sources of that wisdom are of a lesser "caste" or social level, than one's own.

Race is another factor. Wise Asian masters of every creed and age are a common action movie staple. We also get the "Magical Negro", character who tends to have understated powers used to grow a white character into the movie's hero.

Yes this has true. There is always this. How funny. Neo had Morpheus, gladiator had one, the green hornet had Kado, the lone ranger had tonto. The side kick frames the hero showing that the favored race is just a little bit better. It takes comedy to break this stero type. Eddie Murphy always had interesting white side kicks. I loved Beverly Hills cop, and the golden child.

I agree with the geeky D&D reference. To quote Airheads, "I played D&D too". If Moses did have a Class, he's a Cleric. His alignment was probably Chaotic Good, given his defiance of lawful establishment, and his willingness to kill those who posed a threat to his people.

Hmmmm, I'm not sure with the alignment. Clerics follow a particular god and in D&D that god didn't have to be of good alignment. Indeed the OT god is quit rathfull, jealous, and ethno centric. I mean common all the first born. That's pretty Nasty. It probably falls in the lawful evil catagory. Even a chaotic good character could not partake in murdering children with magical powers from a god. Only a lawful evil mindset would be okay with such a thing.

Jesus, however, was a chaotic good character and died for his lawlessness.

Moses was a Union man,he rounded up all his members and they voted to go on strike,because they wanted bigger beds and longer time in them,the Pharee refused this on the grounds that you could only have 1 bed per family so they all decided to skin out and go to the promised land.Joshua his 2nd in command (who always wore wellies becuase he didnt like getting his feet wet) organised the escape, so at low tide the all crossed the Red Sea and got their feet wet ,except Joshua who had his wellies on,the Pharees men chased them but they set up a huge bonfire which the horses refused to pass,and they all got away and trudged across the desert for 40 years because Moses forgot his compass and they got lost.After wandering about for 40 years they found the promised land but poor old Moses didnt get there as he caught pneumonia through getting his feet wet,and died ....This is the true version believe it or not.

What I really want to discuss is about Exodus itself. Along with Book of Job, the book is probably the most terrifying document in a subtle manner. I don't care how apologists spin. When God manipulated the Pharaoh, he really manipulated the poor guy. No other interpretation is necessary.

I've seen good people suddenly snap one day and go postal with no apparent reason. And I was one of them. I felt the sensation inside when the incident happened. I am one of those rare people who felt so-called 'Presence and works of God', and came to realize that we are dealing with some kind of monster that cannot be reasoned with one way or another.

Good thing is that I never had the same experience again, even under a really stressful situation. I am going through one right now and I am doing my best to stay sane. That's one reason why I couldn't be an atheist. But for some reason my experience made me fear and hate God even more. And the incident happened WHEN I WAS A EVANGELISTIC CHRISTIAN, THE HEIGHT OF MY FAITH ON GOD AND JESUS.

If i remember correctly, You are aspergers right? It makes perfect sense that you would calculate god in such a way.

If i remember correctly, You are aspergers right? It makes perfect sense that you would calculate god in such a way.

Yes I am. But if I had been whole lot luckier...

Nope, he had a staff, magic users use staves not clerics. And chaotic good people don't use plagues on entire nations. He's more akin to chaotic or neutral evil.

Edited by Mystic Crusader

Wizards aren't proxies for higher powers, are they? That's what Moses was in the Bible. A wizard can summon power at any time. Moses either got a message from God to do something that would result in a miracle or a miracle would happen without any help from Moses.

It's kind of funny how Moses's "magic" works. God tells Moses to do something that normally wouldn't do anything but then God does the miracle to make it look like Moses did it. God tells Moses to whack a stone with his staff but God makes water comes out. God tells Moses to put his hand over the Red Sea but then God parts the Red Sea. Even when Moses doesn't follow God's instructions for producing water out of a stone, water still comes out! The Bible is clear that God is making this stuff happen and God is just getting a rush out of bossing Moses around.

Sounds like God was just trying to make Moses look cool and powerful in front of his people.

• Like 2