Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Pictures of Owners With terminally ill pets

CatFromHell

You take a gamble with pure breeds.

All the above.. That was hard, it brought back losing my Buster in June. Need to get some tissue now.

• Like 3

It reminds me of losing my first ever cat, Jodie (I do realise they're dogs in the pics!), The photos are a lovely idea but i'm not sure I could go through with getting one done, I wouldn't be able to stop crying.

• Like 1

It reminds me of losing my first ever cat, Jodie (I do realise they're dogs in the pics!), The photos are a lovely idea but i'm not sure I could go through with getting one done, I wouldn't be able to stop crying.

I don't think it matters that all the photos are dogs, it reminds us of all our pets we lost in past.

The images show us what an impact animals have in our lives and how they become family members. The Malamute photo was a difficult one for me but not the saddest… only because we have one now, after losing Buster our German Shepherd after 12 years we now have a Malamute and it suddenly brought time forward a decade, and made me feel about losing him and going through all that pain again.

I don't think it matters that all the photos are dogs, it reminds us of all our pets we lost in past.

The images show us what an impact animals have in our lives and how they become family members. The Malamute photo was a difficult one for me but not the saddest… only because we have one now, after losing Buster our German Shepherd after 12 years we now have a Malamute and it suddenly brought time forward a decade, and made me feel about losing him and going through all that pain again.

Malamutes are beautiful dogs. I would love one but it would be impossible in my tiny house.

• Like 1

Malamutes are beautiful dogs. I would love one but it would be impossible in my tiny house.

He is beautiful and even as an experienced dog owner & knowing how difficult and dominant they can be as a breed, he is a handful. Definitely the hardest breed I have had to deal with.

After losing our old German shepherd, in June, the house felt empty, don’t get me wrong we have a cat, hens, Degu’s, guinea pig, snakes but my dog was with us for 12 years, disabled for the last 8 months of his life but still very much with us as a family member.

I wanted a dog before the rest of my family, I guess that was because I work from home and spend more time with him than the rest of my family. It wasn’t until I suggested to my wife and daughter that they should have a girls holiday in June at the villa and get some sun on their face for a 10 days, my wife was made redundant in April after 27yrs and his doing a PHD and my daughter had finished her 1st year on her A levels, they both had slogged their guts out and deserved a girly pampering break.. anyway while they were away and my son who works full time. I was the only one left in the house and it seemed empty without Buster… I knew then I needed another dog.

It took a few more week for the family to come around to getting a new dog but they did in their own time. I was looking at the Saarloos wolf or the Czech Wolf but in the UK they only breed them in the Orkneys or Devon, that was far too much of a journey to bring a puppy back to the Haworth Moors, so I opted for the Malamute, I wanted a pure breed, a male and the wolf grey colour and incredibly I found one 6 miles away from a private breeder.

Our house feels full again and the family complete. We love him

• Like 3