Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Picture frames made from mothers own placenta

Still Waters

One customer says she can understand how people might think it is "yucky" but she will keep her placenta in a cool box after giving birth so it can be made into a frame.

http://www.telegraph...n-placenta.html

• Like 1

Well, I find it pretty out there. It's not strange enough to think someone creepy over, but it definitely not something I'd be interested in having in my house. Some body parts are not meant to be kept around after their purpose has been served.

• Like 1

it is interesting how something inside our body feels yuck when it is out. like spit. it is in our mouth all the time but the moment you spit it out it becomes foreign and yuck and we hate it. perhaps it has something to do with subconscious knowing that it would let bacteria build up real fast when it is released outside.

anyway, it doesnt look bad as frames. it is better be used for something than to be thrown away.

• Like 2

If I ever have my gall bladder out, I'm going to have it re-purposed into a Christmas ornament for the tree.

I've had 2 kids. I saw the placentas. There was nothing about them that made me think they had decorative purposes, and I really don't understand some emotional attachment to it. That's just... odd.

• Like 1

what i think is interesting (strange?) is that there's this whole cottage industry based around doing various things, artistic or otherwise, with the placenta. it's one of those things that i can only respond to with a minnesotan style: "well, that's different."

at least the people in this story aren't eating them, i suppose.

what i think is interesting (strange?) is that there's this whole cottage industry based around doing various things, artistic or otherwise, with the placenta. it's one of those things that i can only respond to with a minnesotan style: "well, that's different."

at least the people in this story aren't eating them, i suppose.

Placenta Pecan Pie?

Placenta Stew?

Maybe...Placenta Souffle....now that sounds appetizing doesn't it?

Or...if you like going to the Fair...Deep Fried Placenta....

We do know of at least one example however of deadly connections to the Placenta Thing....David Carradene of Kung Fu fame, buried his wifes Placenta under a Peach Tree and named the kid Free...decades later...he was found dead, hanging in a closet in a motel room in Bankok.

Best to just leave the Placenta alone...it already had it's day...

Edited by joc

look, some people eat the placenta, some people have their ashes made into diamonds, some tribes place still borns into holes in trees.

At this point the fact people don't run around wearing the damn things w/ umbilical chord belts and tonsil earrings is more shocking

Do you think there is a market for that?

• Like 1