Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Bell Witch Ghost was real?

LostSouls7

K, he took part in over 13 deuls that we know of, he once beat a senator bloody w/ a stick in a debate, he in a duel had the other man shoot first with no attempt to do likewise.

given that psychological evaluations wrent prominent then, we have only his actions to go upon, and going from those he showcased overly aggressive, emotionally unstable behavior.

Going from his actions we can look back into his life

Where in he never knew his father, lost his mother at 14, joined the American revolution at 13 and in that, he was captured, held prisoner and slashed w/ a sword leaving him visibly scarred, and was then forced to march 40 miles with no shoes, food, or water while being infected w/ smallpox, which killed his brother. After all this he still reenlisted in the war of 1812 and the First Seminole war.

This is would be a traumatic event, just...any one of these. All of these happening before the age of 15 and his behavior in the rest of his life, leads to the conclusion that he was msot likely quite mentally ill

Evidently you think the current heroic patriots that serve and protect us in the military are "msot likely quite mentally ill". Andrew Jackson had some hard times but still managed more education than most of his day, made a lot of money and was a hero in two wars, along the way reading law, becoming the most famous militia General ever and getting elected President.

Evidently you think the current heroic patriots that serve and protect us in the military are "msot likely quite mentally ill".

So what would you say then about Adolph Hitler?

What a load of hooey.

The guy used to have his political enemies arrested and jailed just to show them he was in charge. Not the work of a sane person. To say nothing if the exceptionally brutal treatment of the Seminole people. That's not hooey.

Edited by sinewave

He did appear to be unstable in a range of attributes. I would like to see the diary on which this story is based to draw a conclusion on what

he witnessed.

Evidently you think the current heroic patriots that serve and protect us in the military are "msot likely quite mentally ill". Andrew Jackson had some hard times but still managed more education than most of his day, made a lot of money and was a hero in two wars, along the way reading law, becoming the most famous militia General ever and getting elected President.

Yes, many of them have PTSD, which is a mental illness.

The thing with mental illness is that you can eventually learn to live with it and go about your life harboring these things, being successful, and still be very sick.

oh, you're making fun of my typing error.

rude.

Regardless, my analysis stands to scrutiny.

because sometimes the universe gives me little gifts so that I feel like my political science and psychology degrees haven't gone completely to waste?

Keep in mind that just because money is made from legend/folklore/history doesn't automatically mean it's false. A more modern example is the Titanic tragedy. How many millioins from how many presentations over the decades? Also, just because a legend exists doesn't mean it's true either. In these cases when there is only besmear evidence we must rely on gut instinct or intuition which is completely arbritrary.

I think this is a better place to obtain "information" (notice the quote) about Bell Witch than a cheezy video presentation (no offence to the OP):

http://www.bellwitch.org/story.htm

There is also plenty of sensationalism within the content of my link- but I personally believe the Bell Witch legend's foundation to be true.

Edited by Sergeant

There is also plenty of sensationalism within the content of my link- but I personally believe the Bell Witch legend's foundation to be true.

I agree that the foundation is true - that there was, in fact, a Bell Family living in Robertson County, Tennessee.