Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
markdohle

Cultural imperatives

3 posts in this topic

Cultural imperatives

Any path worthwhile is hard at the beginning, or if it is not, it soon becomes an uphill climb. Going with the prevailing cultural norms can be easy at the beginning, in the middle, but in the end it can become burdensome and confining. Floating along, can also become easy, but in the end some price must be paid for that as well. Boredom could be one such fruit of simply moving through life without any real thought about the meaning of it all. First this, then that; also what others expect of us, then there is culture imperatives that can brain wash and control just as tightly as any cult leader. It is just not seen as that because it can become normal, or common. Cult members stand out because they often go contrary to the group think, but in the process they are also swallowed up into a mass mind of their own; often more destructive than what is considered normal by the overall culture. Our perspective is what dictates the path we take. What we think life is about. if we don’t make and effort to think and ponder what we really believe, then we will be controlled by unconscious forces that could actually be destructive. Culture I believe mirrors back to us our own inner world, I have an intuition that issues we are having today comes about by allowing others, be it the media, the books we read, or what our friends tell us to take control and diminish our freedom to grow into becoming fully human. I believe Christ was fully human, he loved, because he saw true, into the heart and its secrets leading him to compassion for others, he was not swallowed up by projections or transference's. I believe we are called to that freedom.

Edited by markdohle
1 person likes this

I think we've become afraid to live without the "filters" imposed on us by our culture.

1 person likes this

I think we've become afraid to live without the "filters" imposed on us by our culture.

I agree, diversion keeps us from looking too deep.

Peace

Mark