Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

kabbalah

SilentHunter

Hi All

I've been watching a very good series on Youtube covering the Jewish version of Kabbalah. Its spread over 20 episodes and each is about 25 mins long -

Summary - Kabbalah isn't a religion is a philosophical system allowing people to understand the relationship between the creator and created. By tweaking this relationship (so as to live in balance with God) changes occur in the persons reality.

The essentials - Kabbalah is the idea that originally there was a single mind but it broke up. One part split off and exists in higher reality which is what people mistake for being a God. The remainder shattered into millions of peices becoming what we mistake for our own individual minds. The shattering was caused by egoism and the process is explained in the Youtube Vids.

Bestower - Kabbalah says that the higher mind likes to bestow delight onto the lower minds but people reject it because of their egoism. In fact their egoism stops them even seeing that the higher mind is trying to bestow delight onto them. They reject it and as such the higher mind punishes them by making them suffer. The aim of the suffering is to cause a crises moment in the person where out of despair they open themselves to the higher mind and accept the delight being bestowed onto them instead of resisting.

Desire to Bestow - Kabbalah is about teaching people to put aside their ego and see what is really going on in the world. By recognising that the higher mind is trying to bestow delight onto you, by accepting it and by feeling the rejoice at having delight bestowed upon not you but all minds reality changes.

Its supposed to be occult knowledge. Anybody know a lot about this stuff? Have I got it exactly right?

• Like 2

I had a little class about it, but that was a while ago. It works from some people.

• Like 1

I had a little class about it, but that was a while ago. It works from some people.

Would you be able to confirm if I am supposed to to experience delight as an individual for what the higher mind bestows onto me or am I supposed to think about the delight it gives all people?

Ermm..hard stuff. Kabbalah is open to people for sometime now but it is a strong teaching and I think it is still best to be over 40 and male and be married to study it. :) They have very strong teachers though. Especially the teacher of dr. laitman whose name is escaping me at the moment whom I thought about this very morning, picturing him in his isolated study chamber.

• Like 1

Its about right, its occult just because its esoteric, I once heard that this info was never meant to be secret, info has always been available for anyone who seeks it out.

The tree of life is a complex system of spiritual cosmology, Ive been studying it for a few years now. (By the way im neither married nor past my 40s, im 25)

The thing about it is that Kether is so pure it is practically unreachable, the only light we are able to perceive is its emmanation through Tiphareth. (this is for most adepts, the most experienced ones can go through the Veil). And yes, the thing that keeps us from experiencing this light is the rest of our physical and metaphysical selves: Physical body (sensorial perception or aposteriori), thoughts and emotions

Edited by Spiritus Spacium
  • Like 1

Would you be able to confirm if I am supposed to to experience delight as an individual for what the higher mind bestows onto me or am I supposed to think about the delight it gives all people?

To this I say: Who could possibly confirm what you are "supposed" to feel about anything. You either do or you dont, and there is no wrong. Its very basic to say that you are without a doubt connected to Providence (Source, Creator or whatever you call it) and you can experience delight in that. It is even more basic to say that everyone else is too, and we are all connected one in the same through Providence or Source. You can also take delight there, but only if you feel it, your not "supposed" to.

Edited by Spiritus Spacium
  • Like 2

Hi All

I've been watching a very good series on Youtube covering the Jewish version of Kabbalah. Its spread over 20 episodes and each is about 25 mins long -

Summary - Kabbalah isn't a religion is a philosophical system allowing people to understand the relationship between the creator and created. By tweaking this relationship (so as to live in balance with God) changes occur in the persons reality.

The essentials - Kabbalah is the idea that originally there was a single mind but it broke up. One part split off and exists in higher reality which is what people mistake for being a God. The remainder shattered into millions of peices becoming what we mistake for our own individual minds. The shattering was caused by egoism and the process is explained in the Youtube Vids.

Bestower - Kabbalah says that the higher mind likes to bestow delight onto the lower minds but people reject it because of their egoism. In fact their egoism stops them even seeing that the higher mind is trying to bestow delight onto them. They reject it and as such the higher mind punishes them by making them suffer. The aim of the suffering is to cause a crises moment in the person where out of despair they open themselves to the higher mind and accept the delight being bestowed onto them instead of resisting.

Desire to Bestow - Kabbalah is about teaching people to put aside their ego and see what is really going on in the world. By recognising that the higher mind is trying to bestow delight onto you, by accepting it and by feeling the rejoice at having delight bestowed upon not you but all minds reality changes.

Its supposed to be occult knowledge. Anybody know a lot about this stuff? Have I got it exactly right?

Fascinating.... I'm a kabbalahist and didn't even know it.

• Like 2

really, silenthunter's definitions and his question to greenmansgod are very good. like he has been studying it for a long time and knowing very much of it.

• Like 1

All I've watched is the first segment so far, but it rings right within me.

really, silenthunter's definitions and his question to greenmansgod are very good. like he has been studying it for a long time and knowing very much of it.

Nope, I watched up to episode 15 over a couple of days and thats it lmao.

Nope, I watched up to episode 15 over a couple of days and thats it lmao.

Yes, possible. Some people can manage to stay sharp when studying kabbalah. I had almost forgotten how to count the numbers up to ten.

I've watched the first three! That makes me some kind of junior Jewish wizard. With 15 down, I think that makes you an orange belt.

• Like 1

The experience of delight is a natural consequence of acknowledging this supreme force/source and spending time in its presence/ learning and practising the teachings. In coming to understanding of our relation to it you embrace it more and more for yourself and realize it is also available to everyone else. It is still egotistical to think that another person is "required" to do anything about acknowleging that source, but by you having worked on your own relationship with the divine your eyes will be opened to the state of others as well and you will be an instrument or example or instruction, as well as a conduit of prayer which isalso very signicant, to help others achieve their own delight in God.

Edited by SpiritWriter

Perhaps the first step towards finding delight in God is the discovery or realization of God's delight in you.

• Like 1

The experience of delight is a natural consequence of acknowledging this supreme force/source and spending time in its presence/ learning and practising the teachings. In coming to understanding of our relation to it you embrace it more and more for yourself and realize it is also available to everyone else. It is still egotistical to think that another person is "required" to do anything about acknowleging that source, but by you having worked on your own relationship with the divine your eyes will be opened to the state of others as well and you will be an instrument or example or instruction, as well as a conduit of prayer which isalso very signicant, to help others achieve their own delight in God.

Oh, I like this. For me, I've found that once I acknowledged a supreme force/source my reality became much more broad, and it changed what I see, my perceptions, my understanding, just about all the things that are important to me and my own spiritual journey. Not only do I embrace it, but it embraces me, as well. I've mostly traded efforts to understand it intellectually for feeling and experiencing it directly, and I've found that as a source, it informs me. I like to say it's the soup we swim in and the soup that swims in us, and that it is impossible to separate ourselves from it. We can hold the illusion of separation, but never truly be separate from it.

I've gone through the first five now... beyond giving names to certain things, it all seems kind of common sense so far. I enjoyed the first one most-- the basic introduction describing the duality of everything. The true nature of our reality.

I finished the series.... pretty good all told. They lost a bit here and there, but then... they are trying to sell books.