Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

More vandalism reported at Oakwood Cemetery

rashore

SPARTANBURG, SC (FOX Carolina) -

Spartanburg police are investigating another vandalism incident at Oakwood Cemetery.

A caretaker reported four headstones had been pushed over inside the cemetery, according to police reports.

The vandalism was reported on Wednesday, and is the second such case reported this month.

Police said six tombstones were knocked down or broken back on Nov. 8.

Police said vandalism is a major problem at the cemetery.

Police said 25 graves were vandalized back in June, and said vandals stole a skull from a grave in 2012.

http://www.foxcaroli...-at-oakwood-cem

Why am I posting this under ghosts? Because this particular cemetery has a reputation as a Hell's Gate.

This sort of behavior is just despicable. I really want to rant, so I think I will just post up the article for now and let others discuss.

• Like 3

GHOULS!

VANDALS!

Perhaps high profile cemeteries should invest in night time guards as well as security cameras. I also believe in re-bar in tombstones because it makes the job of knocking them over harder and if they hit the tombstone with something it sends the shock-wave back up their arms. People spend a lot of money for their tombstones and it's highly disrespectful for their loved ones to have to think that their grave's were vandalized so that some bored kids could get their jollies off.

Stealing body parts, seriously?! Whoever did that needs found and either sent to jail or another appropriate facility for that kind of behavior!

Mabon.