Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Camera that sees through fog

Still Waters

Sounds pretty good, but can see some using this and reverting to the "safe cos it tells me so" and putting their foot down when they should in fact not be driving at all in it.

For the rescue services this would be ideal.

But I can see the boy racers taking advantage of this, and this can only increase risks for all out there.

As the article says, best human drivers, but not all are best, best humans or best drivers, but if they get hold of one of these, well, I darn`t want to think how they will drive then.

• Like 1

Very cool. I could have used something like that when twice I suddendly ran into heavy fog. Couldn't see 10 feet in front of me at all.

• Like 1

Very cool. I could have used something like that when twice I suddendly ran into heavy fog. Couldn't see 10 feet in front of me at all.

This is what I do not get, if you have one, but the guy in front of you or behind you does not, how safe it that? You may see the guy in front stop so you can stop, but the guy behind you is none the wiser.

This could be good and I am sure more developments will come out of this, maybe.

My point is this, in thick fog, people should slow down and I feel that some with this camera will not, they will see the car ahead and think it possible to overtake, not wise when there are other cars who can not see you.

FLIRs are already in use by luxury car makers, they see in fog\rain\dust storm... etc. caddy, mb and bmw use them for years now, i had caddy deville with such camera, awesome stuff.