Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Dandelion Grows Inside Ear Canal Of Girl

Still Waters

A DANDELION seed that had sprouted and had been growing in the ear of a 16-month-old girl was removed Monday by a doctor who said the roots had embedded themselves in the tot's ear canal, Beijing Morning Post reported today.

http://www.shanghaid...n/shdaily.shtml

• Like 1

And here we have it:

Gu reminded parents that they need to pay attention to all parts of a child's body to spot problems before they become serious.

http://www.shanghaidaily.com/national/Dandelion-growing-in-ear-canal-of-tot-removed-by-surgeon/shdaily.shtml

4 months the girl had that in her ear, and the parents knew about it! jeeze!

• Like 1

Big ears?

tumblr_m8g3nbptdd1rut2wm.gif

What happened to the "poor wee lamb"?

• Like 2

That's not surprising actually. The moist environment of the inner ear and the child or parents not noticing? Sure. Makes me think of the old tease not to swallow watermelon seeds.

Gardening wonders never cease.

I don't want to know how this is even a thing that occurred.

Wow. Poor girl, glad they got it out in time before it "rooted" even further.

I've heard this type of thing(with a different plant) rooting in a youngsters eyeball.

How strange. Wonder what happened to make it sprout after that long. I mean four months in the ear (And WTF they knew it was in her ear that long and didn't do anything?) and it only takes a few days for a dandelion seed to sprout and send out enough rootlets to start being attached to it's growing medium. Takes about a week to start showing seed leaves.

They would have noticed eventually, when the fuzzy things started floating out . A new crop of eardelions!

I've heard of cauliflower ear, but never dandelion ear. Just goes to show weeds will grow anywhere.

This is nothing compared to the potatoes I found growing behind my ears as a lad...

• Like 2

I oncetried to grow a cauliflower in my nose, it didnt work. Just sayin. Maybe Ill try my ear next time...

• Like 1

Summer breeze, makes me feel fi...ine

Growin' dandelions in my mi...ind

Sweet days of summer, and what have we here

A flower is sprouting inside of my ear.

with sincerest apologies to the Isley Brothers...

• Like 1

I oncetried to grow a cauliflower in my nose, it didnt work. Just sayin. Maybe Ill try my ear next time...

Try wrestling instead. More fun and the cauliflower ears are free!

http://www.mmanews.p...esci-z-japonii/

While recommendations are being made, I think rugby is a more direct route to Cauliflower-ness. ;)

Also gauging your ear seems to cause it with some people, not sure why if its completely random or what. Personall I've got inch and a quater gauge in both my ears, but unfortunately no cauliflower ear. Know people with much smallerg auges in ears who have gotten it. Maybe its the rh blood... Anunaki maybe....

A flower child gone to seed, But, there are real issues with spores of fungi. C neoformans, for example, a human fungal pathogen causes more than a half a million deaths annually by "seeding" itself in the lung.