Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Reptiles Categorized as Animals?

rapture

i've heard the same for frogs, too. not sure if it's true, but i understand the idea. back in the day, a lot of people wouldn't have had easy access to fish all the time!

as a former practicing catholic, i got very tired of fish filet during lent.

as a person commenting in this thread, i recognize that i'm getting way off topic, sorry!

"back in the day"? lol

Maybe that is where the French developed their famed Frog Legs dish?

• 3 months later...

I've yet to find a culture or time.... in which reptiles bowed to mammals; not in myth nor fable, tale, or legend' ; and G.I. Joe(?); cobrarized

Humans are mammals. Reptiles are, obviously, not mammals. I think I see where you are going, but birds and fish were equally mythologized in ancient cultures. It's more a matter of "they are not mammals, therefore they are different. They are different, therefore they have knowledge we do not."

If this is not related to your topic, would you please expand your topic? It's a little vague.

Yes, and according to Catholic Doctrine during the middle ages, rabbits were FISH (so they could be eaten on Fridays/during Lent).

Capybaras are currently given that same classification in South America for the same reason.

We humans are really something, so hung-up on our superiority or on being different or whatever it is, I guess it's just some idea some people had and it got mainstreamed and everybody forgot why. Many of us dont seem to remember who we are, though we keep saying it out loud. Animals. It's in our nature, in our blood, and it's not bad. Doesn't mean we couldn't be sophisticated and all, but its the long history we have which ain't gonna wipe off by itself. We'll become biomachines some day as a species if we keep forgetting how to be animals though and the good things it brings, because we like science and new stuff, who wouldn't except crackpots right? But when everybody's an android and you forgot to program in the animal like it used to be because "it's just all bytes and hard data", you know you've lost something precious.

Didn't take that long to get cars and houses and computers for everyone, replacement bodies and eventually replacement brains shouldn't be that big a deal once you get them to mass manufacture. So I think we will not be animals too long, because turning away from that kinda thing is... fatalistic, illogical, stuff that only those who believe in reincarnation or in places after earthly death truly, do.

At least reptiles can probably remain reptiles, whether they're psychic space-aliens or not. I doubt we'd be interested in "saving" other species because we're too busy saving ourselves. Who knows though, new generations always break what the old ones build.

Anyhow, all these definitions, terms, and labels are man made so i don't buy any of it, lol.

Might I also add that humans have a wildly vivid imagination however keen their observance skills may be.

Edited by Emin

What's the point here? They are animals.

I've been trying to figure it out for 4 pages now

• Like 1

What's the point here? They are animals.

I think the point is that the science of cladistics shouldn't be based upon things like genetics, morphology, evolutionary relationships, etc. but upon ancient myths about lizard gods.

At least I think that's the point.

• Like 2

I think the point is that the science of cladistics shouldn't be based upon things like genetics, morphology, evolutionary relationships, etc. but upon ancient myths about lizard gods.

At least I think that's the point.

Well, you wouldn't want to p*** off the lizard gods.

Well, you wouldn't want to p*** off the lizard gods.

BAH, they're nothing compared to the alien basset gods, may their tongues lick your face.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

On a side note; I think it would be cool to be a reptilian. I always play an Argonian when I play Skyrim...

Anyway though, I don't think I believe in the Reptilians. I consider it a possibility, but not a probability..

however, people( myself included) have tried to report contact with them

You made contct with them????

I actually made regular contact with a reptile too, for a spell in the late 90s.

post-19705-0-89409000-1398542551_thumb.p

I actually made regular contact with a reptile too, for a spell in the late 90s.

GI Joe fan eh? My son loved that show.

• Like 1

BAH, they're nothing compared to the alien basset gods, may their tongues lick your face.

Well, they're not my lizard gods - I believe the scaly primarily appeal to the spotty. :P

Edited by PersonFromPorlock

GI Joe fan eh? My son loved that show.

Haha no it's from Metal Gear Solid. Title character's called Snake. But yeah they do actually look like GI Joe characters.

I've honestly tried to watch the "Proof" of the Reptilians videos that are scattered all over youtube, but I'm still yet to see anything that blows my mind...

Probably because I took a Film and Video making course back in Vo-tech, so when I see motion bluer, camera distortion, pixelization, or flat out good old fashioned ****ty Lighting. I recognize it for what it is. Three equal parts low quality video, a wild imagination, and paranoia..

I've honestly tried to watch the "Proof" of the Reptilians videos that are scattered all over youtube, but I'm still yet to see anything that blows my mind...

Probably because I took a Film and Video making course back in Vo-tech, so when I see motion bluer, camera distortion, pixelization, or flat out good old fashioned ****ty Lighting. I recognize it for what it is. Three equal parts low quality video, a wild imagination, and paranoia..

Don't forget outright lies and intentional misidentification.

• Like 1