Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

A haunting solved

Kurzweil

The title says it all, but I'm going to tell you of the nail biting and hiding the head under the sheets part anyway.

I bought an old house. The house had a lot of character to the fact that it was being held up by an old electric pole. By that I mean the base of the upstairs was literally staying above ground because a utility pole was perched just right against the floor that it wouldn't collapse.

Any how. For months me and my dog would enjoy our activities everyday. That is until night time.

At dark a curious event would happen. Almost like clock work. At the same time every night. Foot steps or booms and bangs which seemed to come from under the floor boards.

I'd sit there with my big old chocolate lab watching and listening. We thought something was going to come breaking through the floor. This was a nightly occurance.

Well, one day I went to the kitchen and happened upon a mouse. Just as he/it startled me he was startled himself. Jumped a full foot in the air and scurried off to where I couldn't find him.

It was at that point I realized I had a mouse infestation. It was them running through my vent system. Scaring each other left and right in the dark and causing each one to freak out and bang their head on the duct work.

So I did what anyone who doesn't want mice in the house would do. Got myself some mouse poison pellets. These things are actually pretty nice. They come in they're own little dish.

What I found was as the mice population went down so did the disturbing sounds coming from the floor. Another thing I found was that most of the mice would take a bite and make it about a foot. Foot and a half maybe. But there was a few who decided they wanted to go into a place I couldn't find or I couldn't get to.

And let me tell you something, you're going to wish you had ******* ghost when you can't find the source of the rotting mouse smell.

• Like 3

This is far too real and absolutely believable, can you not throw in a mouse ghost or bigfoot in there somewhere...give us a chance to debunk it a little.

:tu:

• Like 2

One of my mom's houses had "roof rats" once. We could hear them running back and forth, chasing each other in the attic:

galump, galump, galump! In one direction.

galump, galump, galump, galump! In the other direction.

galump, galump, galump, galump, "SQUEAK!" ...as one of them caught the other in their game of rodent-tag.

It was like hosting recess for a local day-care center...at night.

Edited by Avallaine
  • Like 1

Helps cut down the rodent smell when they get turned into a snack for Fluffy

And Fluffy dies from eating poisoned mice.

• Like 1

Fluffy's easier to find

:nw: