Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 1
BiffSplitkins

Man survives three days under water

3 posts in this topic

LAGOS, Nigeria (AP) -- Entombed at the bottom of the Atlantic Ocean in an upended tugboat for three days, Harrison Odjegba Okene begged God for a miracle.

13879273-large.jpgHarrison Odjegba Okene looks in awe as a rescue diver surfaces into the air pocket which has kept Okene alive for nearly three days, recorded by the diver's headcam video the full impact of the miraculous encounter becomes plain the see.DCN Diving via The Associated Press

The Nigerian cook survived by breathing an ever-dwindling supply of oxygen in an air pocket. A

in May that was posted on the Internet more than six months later has gone viral this week.

As the temperature dropped to freezing, Okene, dressed only in boxer shorts, recited the last psalm his wife had sent by text message, sometimes called the Prayer for Deliverance: "Oh God, by your name, save me. ... The Lord sustains my life."

READ MORE

Wow, that is one lucky man. I guess this video is more than six months old but it's recently gone viral and this is the first I've seen it.

5 people like this

I think its a miracle he survived and was found in time. Poor guy, that would of been so scary being trapped down there for that long.

1 person likes this

I think he is one of the luckiest men in the world to have survived this. Guess God must like him.