Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

RIP Nelson Mandela

Daughter of the Nine Moons

Vaya con Dios Mr Mandela

"No one is born hating another person because of the color of his skin, or his background, or his religion. People must learn to hate, and if they can learn to hate, they can be taught to love, for love comes more naturally to the human heart than its opposite."

~ Nelson Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom

:cry:

• Like 1

Two moments that gave me hope for mankind:

Watching the Berlin Wall come down.

Watching Nelson Mandela walk free from prison.

The greatest memorial to Nelson Mandela will not be a gravestone or a statue but the Rainbow Nation that is post-apartheid South Africa.

Edited by Waspie_Dwarf
  • Like 9

R.I.P. to the man who changed South Africa for ever.

• Like 3

It's rare to have a political figure so universally respected - there will never be another quite like him.

It's sad he's gone, but what a mark he left on the world he leaves behind.

• Like 3

"I have never killed any one, but I have read some obituary notices with great satisfaction."

(Clarence Darrow)

I expect there'll be weeks of wailing and gnashing of teeth from various world statesmen and the BBC!

• Like 5

The problem is that apparntly the government actually liked him, not much but enough not to kill him. The government at that time though was badly corrupt it has to be said

• Like 2

The old devil timed that right, didn't he? 'Long Walk To Freedom' premiered tonight in the West End!

• Like 2

I see the film ready. Wonder who will be getting the money from that.

Edited by freetoroam
  • Like 3

I see the film is ready.

Yeah, and I'm sure it'll be 100% historically accurate!

• Like 3

Yeah, and I'm sure it'll be 100% historically accurate!

I wonder if they have included him singing in the film?

Edited by freetoroam
  • Like 2

I see Naonmie Harris is playing Winnie, yeah right, great lookalike. The historical facts have aleady dropped to 90% with that.

I wonder if Winnie will be made to look like Mother Teresa?

• Like 2

Vaya con Dios Mr Mandela

"No one is born hating another person because of the color of his skin, or his background, or his religion. People must learn to hate, and if they can learn to hate, they can be taught to love, for love comes more naturally to the human heart than its opposite."

~ Nelson Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom

*SNIP*

While our politicians and newpapers have conveniently forgotten his crimes many of us havent. He has 100's of murders to his name which are mainly women and children. Heres a list containing some of his actions -

1. Blowing up Johannesburg Railway Station.

2. Blowing up Amanzimtoti Shopping Complex.

3. Blowing up the Durban Pick and Pay Shopping Complex.

4. Blowing up the Pretoria Sterland Movie Complex.

5. Bowing up Johannesburg Magistrate’s Court.

6. Blowing up Roodepoort Standard Bank

7. Lots of people abducted, car tyre full of petrol forced around them, then set alight.

(It should raise eyebrows that the guy has never apologised or renounced his past violant acts)

This guy is not a peaceful protestor like Ghandi so why is he being treated as such?

Edited by Lilly
no need to be hateful
  • Like 8

Funny how people will worship anyone if society tells them too.

• Like 6

As the saying goes " One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter."

Whatever you may think,there is no doubt that his contribution to South African politics has been immense and History has a knack of erasing past indiscretions.

I didn't know he was a mass murderer? I admit I don't know much about him except that he was a source of inspiration for many people. Martin Luther King Jr is my hero! Please don't ruin my image of HIM! :D

• Like 3

I didn't know he was a mass murderer? I admit I don't know much about him except that he was a source of inspiration for many people. Martin Luther King Jr is my hero! Please don't ruin my image of HIM! :D

Don't worry king was a boss lol

• Like 1

Two moments that gave me hope for mankind:

Watching the Berlin Wall come down.

Watching Nelson Mandela walk free from prison.

The greatest memorial to Nelson Mandela will not be a gravestone or a statue but the Rainbow Nation that is post-apartheid South Africa.

This^

This thread was meant to be a tribute however the hateful remarks by some members both shock and disappoint me.

Edited by Daughter of the Nine Moons
  • Like 2

This^

This thread was meant to be a tribute however the hateful remarks by some members both shock and disappoint me.

If it is the truth (not saying it is or isn't) then why does it disappoint you?

• Like 6

A violent man who succeeded through becoming peaceful.

I don't think that you could have a greater tribute to the ability of the human spirit to adapt and change the world then that.

• Like 5

This^

You mean the truth DOT?

• Like 2

If it is the truth (not saying it is or isn't) then why does it disappoint you?

Because a tribute thread is generally for the people who wish to pay their respects or appreciation. Hate of the person or joy over their death doesn't belong in a tribute thread. Another thread to discuss this mans actions would have been far more appropriate than using this one.

• Like 2