Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 1
Eldorado

Teen Buys £450 Pic of XBox!

10 posts in this topic

"A TEENAGER has been left fuming after mistakenly buying a photo of an in-demand computer console online.

Peter Clatworthy thought he had paid £450 for an XBox One console on eBay, but actually received a picture of one in the post."

Full article: http://www.nottingha...tail/story.html

lol Betcha his friends are teasing him relentlessly.

(He got his money back)

3 people like this

Wow! Glad he got his money back. I hope the seller was banned from selling anything on eBay again.

4 people like this

I thought it was quite a nice picture, actually.

4 people like this

Why didnt he get a ps4?

1 person likes this

Despite the listing stating it was a photo of an XBox One Day One edition console,

I wouldn't have given him his money back

Edited by Hares
1 person likes this

The 19-year-old student, of Bilborough, had saved up in order to buy a limited edition Day One version of the console as a surprise Christmas present for his four-year-old son, McKenzie.

I don't like stereotyping people, but perhaps there was a very good reason he was stupid enough to pay £450 for a picture of an xbox?

2 people like this

Someone posted a image of the E-Bay listing and the title says :Xbox One Fifa Day One Edition, Photo Brand New UK 2013

Then you have a product description that says the item is a new, unused and unopened item in its original retail packaging so unless I missed something, nowhere does it say that the product is actually just a photo because if it was then E-Bay is also shares a bit of responsibility for allowing a seller to deliberately deceive its customers.

So unless I am missing something, I fail to see why the customer should be punished for the sellers deception.

2 people like this

To be fair who in their right mind would expect the listing to be just a photo. The seller was way out of line and no doubt would have been booted off the site when found out. I'm glad the guy got his money back.

1 person likes this

Updated -

An eBay scam victim who paid £450 for a photo of an Xbox One finally got his hands on the prized console - after a sympathetic games shop gave him one for free.

http://uk.news.yahoo...-111103159.html

2 people like this

People who put up items like those intend for the "idiot in a hurry" situation or some sort of confusion in order to get the equivalent of money for the item. I believe that is a violation of evans TOS and he got his money back as he should have.