Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Ring

emmy

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tommy

• racerette

• Ronin6th

• emmy

Grrr...I missed it...have to wait for the Dvd release!

I heard that the original japanese version was also shiver "ring" !!! laugh.gif

I saw it last night, after all the anticipation i thought it was crap. it was a good story but everyone i talked to said that it was so scary, they dont want to watch it again. i thought it was tame, i only jumped once, and that was when my mate jumped out from nowhere. the ending is real poop.

I haven't seen it yet. I was really excited to see it but then everyone I knew whoe saw it said it was a waste of time and that is was really bad. sad.gif

i have mixed feelings on this movie. the ending was really great. and the whole TV thing makes me look at my tv for signs of people coming out of it. haha. i saw the movie twice, and i am neutral. i really dont care to see it agian. it is one of those that after you have seen it 2 or 3 times, there is nothing else to be scared about, so it gets boring. well, i really hope all you guys that havnt seen it, enjoy it. i did. the first time. haha

CASTOR

The bit that made me jump a mile was...

"But I saw her Rachel..."

cuts to cupboard opening and that lovely image of the girl inside. ph34r.gif

I agree Castor, I don't think I'll be seeing it again.

eek7.gif

ok, I rented it last night and on a scale of 1 to 10 , I'd give it a 5. It wasn't scary, I didn't jump but it kept my interest throughout. There were a lot of parallels with the other movie fear.com but anyways, I've said my part! tongue.gif

I saw "The Ring" last week. I must say that it wasnt what I thought it would be. What got to me was what that poor little girl must have gone through, especially after being dumped into that cold well, and living in the dark for 7 days before dieing. What a HORRIBLE way to die.

I think it’s more of a psychological horror, with more emphasis on the tension created, rather than the images you actually see. You should go and see it DS and form your own opinions on how scary it is. Supposedly, if two scenes were left out of The Ring, it would have been rated a PG. No guesses for those who have seen the film as to what those scenes were. ph34r.gif

ok, I rented it last night...

Was it the original Japanese movie you saw then racerette? I would like to see this just for the comparison. It might answer some of the questions the remake left open. sleep.gif

I saw it back in October when it came out in the theaters.

Didn't like it then, so not going to watch it now.

It was too scary for me. I have nightmares enough on my own without any type of help.

Did I mention my cell phone rang and that her picture popped up on the computer 30 min after watching it. <chills> unsure.gif

did i mention i cried watching Michael Jackson's thriller video? im a baby, i hate scary things. laugh.gif

my favorite movie is Babe- and im 28 years old biggrin.gif

Tommy - It wasn't the original Japanese version I saw...Didn't know there was one!

DS - About Babe.....I can blush.gif quote the movie! I used to babysit this little boy evey night of the week and that's all he'd watch. Ilike the movie too! tongue.gif

Ahh I wasn't sure racerette, as it's only just come out at the movies over here, and you are already able to rent it in the US. cool.gif

Talking of the original, I saw it on sale today at HMV. I believe it was made by the same company that did that romantic comedy ph34r.gifAudition tongue.gif (yep another one I'll never watch again!)EVER!!! salook.gif

Yeah the ring has been out for rental for a while...glad I waited.

As for Audition it looks bad.....I think I'm gonna pass on that one too.

Oh yeah and Tommy,,,,I'm Canadian eh?!! tongue.gif

I'm just kidding Tommy......don't mean to give ya a hard time! tongue.gif I might go see Dreamcatcher this weekend. It's opening on Friday....probably won't get to theatres where u are for a while then?? huh.gif

Anyways, I'm off to work now!

cool.gif

Tonight I went to see "Dark Water" a japanese film by Hideo Nakata, the one who realized the "Ring" japanese and original version!

Dark Water has really an oppressing atmosphere and made me jump!

i love movies that make u jump and scare you so u have to snuggle with your sweetie!!!! those are the best!!!!! rolleyes.gif

Hehe I know what you mean racerette...that remembers me good times spent with my girlfriend, who is very easy to scare...