Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Puma Punku: New Dating Project Underway

zoser

Seeder beat me to it but I was going to point out that if you put enough men on the job anything can be accomplished by hand that can be done with power tools. Well obviously you couldn't weld steel girders by hand. Maybe this is why the ancients used big rocks instead

On further reflection, I hope you aren't suggesting that a tree will grow to fast for me to chop it down with an ax. Even at my age I can clear a few a day alone

Steel girders can be welded by hand. By use of a forge, an anvil and a hammer.

Harte

• Like 1

Steel girders can be welded by hand. By use of a forge, an anvil and a hammer.

Harte

I'm not sure you could get enough heat to weld true steel girders that way, at least with the penetration required for building purposes but it is a good point that forge welding was accomplished in the middle ages.

I'm not sure you could get enough heat to weld true steel girders that way, at least with the penetration required for building purposes but it is a good point that forge welding was accomplished in the middle ages.

Long before the MA, we have some examples of forge welding dating from the late Roman times.

Heating the girders probably would have been the smaller problem, handling them and work them before the cease to be white hot would be a much greater one.

• Like 1

But you could rivet them together.

Odd fact: The Vikings in their day, used iron rivets in their wooden ships... a similar time to PP

Edited by seeder
  • Like 2

But many men with axes could do it, lets say a tree is felled after an hour of chopping. Erm, how much did that tree grow in an hour? remember that places like the UK were once ALL forest... and the amount of forest used for building or cleared for farming was done BEFORE modern tools and machinery.

Orthodoxy seems to always miss the alts' points. Of course if you have enough

men with axes you can deforest the entire planet just as if you have enough monkeys

with keypads one will write "War and Peace".

There's no evidence there were enough men to do all this work just as there's not

enough room in the universe to get a monkey to write War and Peace. We sit in

nice comfy chairs and condemn the ancients to a lifetime of incredibly hard work

and never notice there still weren't enough people to do all this work. Many things

just don't add up. If anyone could duplicate exactly some specific procedure then

we could get an estimate of the amount of work required. But just saying something

was easy with lots of men is pencil whipping a problem and assuming the conclusion.

Every man assigned to a lifetime of grinding a stone is one fewer men able to grow

food for all the stone polishers.

• Confused 1

Orthodoxy seems to always miss the alts' points. Of course if you have enough

men with axes you can deforest the entire planet just as if you have enough monkeys

with keypads one will write "War and Peace".

There's no evidence there were enough men to do all this work just as there's not

enough room in the universe to get a monkey to write War and Peace. We sit in

nice comfy chairs and condemn the ancients to a lifetime of incredibly hard work

and never notice there still weren't enough people to do all this work. Many things

just don't add up. If anyone could duplicate exactly some specific procedure then

we could get an estimate of the amount of work required. But just saying something

was easy with lots of men is pencil whipping a problem and assuming the conclusion.

Every man assigned to a lifetime of grinding a stone is one fewer men able to grow

food for all the stone polishers.

There is no evidence that forests have been cut down?

Long before the MA, we have some examples of forge welding dating from the late Roman times.

Heating the girders probably would have been the smaller problem, handling them and work them before the cease to be white hot would be a much greater one.

Yeah but the Romans steel wasn't the same as what we use today

There's no evidence there were enough men

The Tiwanaku civilization and the use of these temples appears to some to have peaked from 700 to 1000 CE. by which point the temples and surrounding area may have been home to some 400,000 people

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pumapunku#Peak_and_decline

I think there were enough people, else, it wouldn't have been built to start with would it? Dont do a zoser and think these were dumb cavemen, I have provided many examples of FINER ancient structures, built 1000 of years before PP, at least

While we are on the subject of evidence where is the evidence aliens were around to build anything?

While we are on the subject of evidence where is the evidence aliens were around to build anything?

On the Ancient :alien: :alien: :alien: TV Show. ;)

• Like 1

But you could rivet them together.

Odd fact: The Vikings in their day, used iron rivets in their wooden ships... a similar time to PP

An even odder fact is they, enigmatically, used wooden rivets in their iron ships.

Didn't go over well.

Ah, well. Live and learn.

Harte

An even odder fact is they, enigmatically, used wooden rivets in their iron ships.

Didn't go over well.

Ah, well. Live and learn.

Harte

Nah, but they used wood anchors 'cause metal anchors were way too heavy to carry in those flimsy boats.... in fact horses can't swim 'cause their iron shoes drag them down.... so I guess now we had all seaman yarn spun.... :innocent:

• Like 3