Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

115 Billion U.S. Foreign Aid to Israel

buckskin scout

c.f. "you shall lend to many nations, but you shall not borrow." Deuteronomy 28:12

This report provides an overview of U.S. foreign assistance to Israel. It includes a review of past aid programs, data on annual assistance, and an analysis of current issues. For general information on Israel, see CRS Report RL33476, Israel: Background and U.S. Relations, by Jim Zanotti. Israel is the largest cumulative recipient of U.S. foreign assistance since World War II. To date, the United States has provided Israel $115 billion in bilateral assistance. Almost all U.S. bilateral aid to Israel is in the form of military assistance, although in the past Israel also received significant economic assistance. Strong congressional support for Israel has resulted in Israel receiving benefits not available to any other countries; for example, Israel can use some U.S. military assistance both for research and development in the United States and for military purchases from Israeli manufacturers. In addition, all U.S. assistance earmarked for Israel is delivered in the first 30 days of the fiscal year, while most other recipients normally receive aid in installments. In addition to receiving U.S. State Department-administered foreign assistance, Israel also receives funds from annual defense appropriations bills for joint U.S.-Israeli missile defense programs. In 2007, the Bush Administration and the Israeli government ...

U.S. Foreign Aid to Israel by Congressional Research Service

Come on, they face an existential threat to their very existence from the overwhelming technological superiority of Iran, that wealthiest and most advanced of Middle Eastern countries, so poor, impoverished, backward Israel needs all the help in can get.

* This is, for anyone who hasn't noticed, irony.

Edited by Colonel Rhuairidh
  • Like 3

A case could be made that the US government's bias towards Israel is in violation of the Establishment Clause of the US Constitution.

While there is no doubt a humanitarian case to be made for a level of support for Israel, the support that is actually provided seems to be influenced by religious beliefs - primarily the belief in Christian and Jewish scripture - in the specific cases of "the Jewish Holy Land/Jews as chosen of God" and various 'millenial-type' beliefs.

This could be seen as the US Government promoting Christian/Jewish religious themes as a preference, a violation of the First Amendment.

Edited by Leonardo

A case could be made that the US government's bias towards Israel is in violation of the Establishment Clause of the US Constitution.

While there is no doubt a humanitarian case to be made for a level of support for Israel, the support that is actually provided seems to be influenced by religious beliefs - primarily the belief in Christian and Jewish scripture - in the specific cases of "the Jewish Holy Land/Jews as chosen of God" and various 'millenial-type' beliefs.

This could be seen as the US Government promoting Christian/Jewish religious themes as a preference, a violation of the First Amendment.

You forget though, Leonardo, a secret Jewish Cabal runs the US government so no case like that could ever achieve standing..muwahaha.. * I figured I'd throw in another cliche` for you guys. :w00t: Happy Chanukah!

c.f. "you shall lend to many nations, but you shall not borrow." Deuteronomy 28:12

But it's not borrowing if you don't have to pay it back!

• Like 1

Good point. You know it almost sounds like a (wait for it...) BLESSING! :w00t:

• Like 1

This issue will matter greatly in the years to come:

http://www.truthdig....t_bank_20131103

Quoting the first paragraph:

:A new oil reservoir holding as many as 3.5 billion barrels was discovered directly beneath the 1948 armistice line that formally divides Israel from the occupied Palestinian territories. Israel has moved the border to get access to the well. Will Palestinians get a cut?"

It is said that this find holds greater oil than the Arab nations put together.

Edited by regeneratia

It is difficult to cut and paste pieces of this article.

But it is a very interesting read. Especially Qualitive Military Edge, US Bilateral Military Aid To Israel, Aid Restrictions and Possible Violations, and Israeli Arms Transfers to Third Parties.

Typically opaque when Israel defends itself, "... and this is how Israel responds and answers for itself"... la-dah-dee-dah-dah.

I've encountered similar language in State Department articles where its author's seem to point at Israel and say "and this is what Israel says about that..."

Your rhetoric with it's not so subtle implications of rich Jews controlling the US government has been used a lot through the years. Hitler and Goebbels were very practiced at it. Nice company to keep there. You seem to actually believe it. No doubt the Jewish American lobby is wealthy and powerful - funny thing is most American Jews support a president and a party that seem to not care at all about Israel unless it has a left leaning government. I have always found that odd in the extreme. Apparently making aliyah clears one's head about what is important.

Come on, they face an existential threat to their very existence from the overwhelming technological superiority of Iran, that wealthiest and most advanced of Middle Eastern countries, so poor, impoverished, backward Israel needs all the help in can get.

This is not a joke. Can't you see that Israel needs our help?

462926cee28598cb9e58fa884a08e49a.jpg

• Like 1

This is not a joke. Can't you see that Israel needs our help?

462926cee28598cb9e58fa884a08e49a.jpg

America isn't going to attempt to invade Iran. It's easy enough to imply such but the facts just aren't there. Those bases are presented as equal when in fact some are probably no more than glorified outposts. America is at war with purveyors of an ideology of hatred and those bases flow from that. Of course I do not expect those who believe America to be responsible for most of the world's ills to accept my position but I find it hard to understand how rational people can actually believe that surrendering to this onslaught can lead to peace. Surrender is just surrender.

The US military has had Iran surrounded for 10 years, to the South in the Persian Gulf, to the West in Iraq, to the East in Afghanistan, and toolbags like John McCain and Sarah Palin wanted us playing around to the North too when that classic line "We're all Georgians." was gummed by the republican establishment. Surrounded by the most powerful military in the world for 10 years, Netanyahu is out there lying through his teeth and peeing his pants about it.

The fourth or fifth most powerful military in the world is scared clueless of a population of youths and children with no army, no navy and no air force. The cowardice on display in Israel is the most absurd I've ever witnessed. Just pathetic. An elephant having a panic attack over a mouse.

• Like 3

The US military has had Iran surrounded for 10 years, to the South in the Persian Gulf, to the West in Iraq, to the East in Afghanistan, and toolbags like John McCain and Sarah Palin wanted us playing around to the North too when that classic line "We're all Georgians." was gummed by the republican establishment. Surrounded by the most powerful military in the world for 10 years, Netanyahu is out there lying through his teeth and peeing his pants about it.

The fourth or fifth most powerful military in the world is scared clueless of a population of youths and children with no army, no navy and no air force. The cowardice on display in Israel is the most absurd I've ever witnessed. Just pathetic. An elephant having a panic attack over a mouse.

A mouse who breeds like rats and will completely displace them if allowed to -that mouse?

A mouse who breeds like rats and will completely displace them if allowed to -that mouse?

If the US practiced the idiocy of Israel in its own domestic policies, it'd have the entire country in chains because of criminals making up a tiny percentage of our population. If this was the era of Jim Crow you'd be one of the paranoids prancing around in the street talking about all the terrible things blacks want to do to whites because of how they're treated. Zionists are the Jim Crows of the 21st century.

• Like 1

If the US practiced the idiocy of Israel in its own domestic policies, it'd have the entire country in chains because of criminals making up a tiny percentage of our population. If this was the era of Jim Crow you'd be one of the paranoids prancing around in the street talking about all the terrible things blacks want to do to whites because of how they're treated. Zionists are the Jim Crows of the 21st century.

Right... whatever... right of return is another fantasy of the Palestinian that is left in the way of a possible peace deal and the longer they believe that can happen the less chance of ever stopping the bloodshed. .... Jim Crow? I'm beginning to think you really are high...

You will see Israel bedcome an even hotter issue now that vast quantities of oil has been found just off the border. Sit bak and watch.

This issue will matter greatly in the years to come:

http://www.truthdig....t_bank_20131103

Quoting the first paragraph:

:A new oil reservoir holding as many as 3.5 billion barrels was discovered directly beneath the 1948 armistice line that formally divides Israel from the occupied Palestinian territories. Israel has moved the border to get access to the well. Will Palestinians get a cut?"

It is said that this find holds greater oil than the Arab nations put together.

• Like 1

Right... whatever... right of return is another fantasy of the Palestinian that is left in the way of a possible peace deal and the longer they believe that can happen the less chance of ever stopping the bloodshed. .... Jim Crow? I'm beginning to think you really are high...

If millions of Americans were kicked out of their homes every time some nutjob with a bomb or a gun decided to break with the code and kick it freestyle, the entire country would be in chains. See Israel for a real-world example. They're just trying to go after the guns here in the US. Displacing entire populations and waging economic warfare against them. One would hope that couldn't happen here. The Indian Reservations are a stain on our sleeve but UPS and Fed Ex make their rounds to the badlands too.

• Like 1

You will see Israel bedcome an even hotter issue now that vast quantities of oil has been found just off the border. Sit bak and watch.

Israel at it´s best... stealing natural resources from the Palestinians, underneath their own land...

The prison that is the West Bank should be torn down by an International Coalition of the willing, release these people from their illegal and unjustified incarceration, bring freedom to the Palestinians... I am sick and tired that Israel are still allowed to get away with this, I am even more fed up that Israel is allowed into the Eurovision Song Contest... they are Middle East - NOT European. :unsure2:

• Like 3

I'm not saying don't fund Israel but 1 of those billions spent domestically would sure be nice. 250 million to roads, 250 to Nasa as an investment in new technology. 400 in congressional pay raises ( just being a realist),98 misc and 2 mil for me.

Israel at it´s best... stealing natural resources from the Palestinians, underneath their own land...

The prison that is the West Bank should be torn down by an International Coalition of the willing, release these people from their illegal and unjustified incarceration, bring freedom to the Palestinians... I am sick and tired that Israel are still allowed to get away with this, I am even more fed up that Israel is allowed into the Eurovision Song Contest... they are Middle East - NOT European. :unsure2:

The protector of democracy and human rights (I strongly doubt it the best suited is global dictator) watch innocent Palestinian dying and say

it is necessary for self defense.Ironic

The protector of democracy and human rights (I strongly doubt it the best suited is global dictator) watch innocent Palestinian dying and say

it is necessary for self defense.Ironic

Why, jeem, would it not surprise me if Israel was destroyed tomorrow, we would not hear you weeping? :w00t:

ETA - a little clip that expresses the Palestinian position (and the opinion of their supporters) :

Edited by and then

Why, jeem, would it not surprise me if Israel was destroyed tomorrow, we would not hear you weeping? :w00t:

ETA - a little clip that expresses the Palestinian position (and the opinion of their supporters) :

Don't you mean sympathy.

So Israel stop tyranny and no sympathy(weeping)

Edited by jeem

Don't you mean sympathy.

So Israel stop tyranny and no sympathy(weeping)

Do you believe Israel has the right to exist in Palestine as a JEWISH state? The size of the state doesn't matter so much.

It doesn't matter what jeem believes because he's not the one setting policy. Would he change things? Of course. The size of the state matters everything to the Zionists running Israel and we can easily review quote after quote from bureaucrat after bureaucrat showing that fact. The powerful side that's setting all the policy and enjoying all the control wants all of the land.

The ruling party of the Zionist regime in Israel spells out in clear language that there is to be no Palestinian state west of the Jordan river. This perfect ignorance of that fact is no longer going to be an option here.

Do you believe Israel has the right to exist in Palestine as a JEWISH state?

What in the world kind of question is this? Of course not. Israel doesn't have any "right" whatsoever to exist in Palestine. Israel has a right to exist in Israel. Which means that apartheid wall they just put up needs to be torn down and built where it's supposed to be, not biting into even more Palestinian territory like they were too drunk or stupid to draw their lines right.

• Like 1

Do you believe Israel has the right to exist in Palestine as a JEWISH state? The size of the state doesn't matter so much.

Well I appreciate what Yam said and he deserve a thanks.

Israel doesn't have the right to exist as a JEWISH state over the graves of the Palestinian