Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

130 million-year-old 'sea monster' found

UM-Bot

Palaeontologists have uncovered the remains of a huge prehistoric predatory marine reptile.

The fossil remains were unearthed in Boyaca, a landlocked region of Columbia that was believed to have been flooded during the Cretaceous era. The ancient marine reptile is a plesiosaur, a 26ft aquatic carnivore that would have once been found all across the world\'s oceans.

Read More: http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/259028/130-million-year-old-sea-monster-found

• Like 1

26-foot, that's about 8 meters... nice, but I'm still waiting for the kraken :( ten times that scale

Thought I'd beat aomeone else to it:

......but they have still not found the bones of a bigfoot.

MOM!

• Like 1

That was my favorite dinosaur as a kid. Actually, it still is. ^-^

My favorite was the brontosaurus, but it doesn't exist anymore. I haven't picked a new one yet.

That was my favorite dinosaur as a kid. Actually, it still is. ^-^

That is not a Dinosaur.It is a Plesiosaur.

My favorite was the brontosaurus, but it doesn't exist anymore. I haven't picked a new one yet.

Your favorite Animal is still there. It's just the name is changed from Brontosaurus to Apatosaurus.

• Like 1

I have such of big problem with the year suggested ranges... 130 million years, yesh...both isotop and carbon dating tehnologies are not peviding accurate readings and they could be influenced by so many factors

Edited by qxcontinuum

I have such of big problem with the year suggested ranges... 130 million years, yesh...both isotop and carbon dating tehnologies are not peviding accurate readings and they could be influenced by so many factors

Hate to tell you this but they don't need to use either of those technologies to put a rough estimate on the date. Its all from the layers the fossil was found in.

26-foot, that's about 8 meters... nice, but I'm still waiting for the kraken :( ten times that scale

But they grew up to 15 meters, about 50ft..

Damn, that's amazing.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

hey ! that looks a lot like Nessie

• Like 1

Your favorite Animal is still there. It's just the name is changed from Brontosaurus to Apatosaurus.

Yeah, but "Apatoburger" just doesn't have the same ring to it.

Harte