Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Bright flash of light in bedroom

Slugalug

My boyfriend and I were laying in bed talking about god knows what when suddenly a very bright light flashed in the corner of the room (from my perspective at least.) He says the origin of the light was right next to him about 3 feet away. I saw it occur about 10 feet away and at the foot of the bed. It was as bright as a camera flash but completely silent. It only lasted about a second. We are so confused but intrigued by what we just witnessed! Just wanted to know if anyone had seen the same type of thing before.

• Like 2

Well it could be have been lightening out side lighting up the room (it is possible under certain circumstances for lightning to happen without thunder accompanying it), or a meteor burning up in the atmosphere lighting up the room. Is it possible it could have been a car headlight reflecting off something?

• Like 3

Nope, not a cloud in the sky tonight. Also, not a car. The room was silent and the light exploded into the room instead of pass over the room like headlights. It looked like a camera took a picture of us from inside the closet D:

Well did you check the cupboard for a hidden camera!? A pervert could have hidden one there and set it up wrong and it flashed when it was not meant to.

• Like 4

What color was it?

This may be rather crude - but he is not the sort of person that ignites his own expelled gas, is he? :w00t:

Other than that, ball lightning

Edited by keithisco
  • Like 1

Slugalug, do you have transformers on poles outside near where you live? Those things can go funny sometimes and throw out a massive bright light.

You guys are funny, I'm glad I found this forum. It was a very bright white light, maybe a little bluish. The nearest pole of any kind is a telephone pole 6 houses away. I was thinking ball lightning also but I thought it could only occur during a storm, yes?

• Like 2

Nope, not a cloud in the sky tonight. Also, not a car. The room was silent and the light exploded into the room instead of pass over the room like headlights. It looked like a camera took a picture of us from inside the closet D:

you don't need clouds for lightning to appear, though it is rare ;)

Maybe your boyfriend had a hidden camera in the room set on a timer to flash and to cover his tracks he's acting dumb.

I am interested to find out what the bright flash of light can be as well. Myself and 3 others were seated on a deck outside in broad daylight with no storm activity at all. It was a beautiful bright sunny day and we were seated around a small square table when a bright flash of pure white light engulfed us. We all were amazed but had no clue as to where it came from. It did not hurt the eyes nor did I squint, and when it flashed, white is all we could see. I was waiting on a shock or a bang to come after it, but nothing. Just the very quick bright as bright can be flash and nothing more.

It's happened to me once. Outside my house at night, starlit sky no apparent weather activity. Came from just above the roof of the neighbours house was the nearest I could figure and turned everything completely white. It lasted no more than 2 seconds max. I don't know what caused it but the amount of reports that are showing up is making me think it is a natural meteorological occurrence of some description that is either becoming more common or really only just being talked about more often due to the net.

The other day I was about to head up stairs when above one of the railing posts at the bottom of the stairs I saw a white light. All I could really gather from it (saw it for about 1 second before I started to climb up the stairs) was it was a white light about the size of a dinner plate, all white with a tint of brownish gold around the edge of the circular part with what appeared to be spikes covering the outside of it. But it wasn't sharp(as in clarity) it was more blurred.

I am fascinated by light phenomena, seen alot of . It. I tend to think it is a form of more or lesser intelligent energetics/entities that are maybe interdimensional. I haven't tried communicating with any of it, but my niece does, she says the ones she sees are guides and ancestors.

• 3 weeks later...

It's funny that I found this topic being discussed. The experience of bright flashing lights I something that has personally followed me throughout my life. When I was young, I'd see quick bright flashes of blue light; and according to my parents I would constantly ask them about bright blue orbs I'd see around the house all the time. In recent years, I'd begun to see bright quick flashes of green light from time to time which seemed to take place only in my bedroom of my apartment.

The last experience I had (which I hadn't had any in well over a year) happened just three days ago. I was standing at my kitchen sink doing dishes; every now and again I'd glance up to look out my kitchen window. Other than the wind picking up heavier by the hour, there were no clouds in the sky, and the sun was already behind the mountains so it was early dusk. At one moment just as I glanced up, I saw a HUGE flash of white light. At the same time, my brain thought it also saw a lighting bolt come down in the very center of the flash, but I am still unsure If I saw the bolt or not.

I proceeded to finish the dishes, then I went outside to see if there was any trace of anything landing and/or hitting the ground. There was nothing. Also, despite me thinking I saw a lighting bolt, there was absolutely no sound to the flash. Just wanted to add to this topic and document my experience as well.

Also, as far as I have been told by various doctors, I have had 20/20 vision my entire life, with no vision problems whatsoever. The last blue orb I can recall seeing was about eleven years ago when I was sixteen years old. The last green flash, a little over a year ago. And this last experience was my first time seeing a white flash.

Over a decade ago I was outside on a clear sunny day, and I was just saying hello to my twoTerriers.They were on the back deck which is my head height, and they were both right in front of me with there heads through the bannisters.Next thing I know my head is surrounded by a Golden light.Then the next thing I see is that the Dogs are sniffing around (normal Dog stuff) on the other side of the deck.

I would normally think that I just suffered a form of exhaustion, even though I was fine, and never experienced a blackout before, or after.Except the instant when I saw the light, both Dogs went from looking at me to perked ears, and attention looking above me.I feel no different from it, but the Dogs actions confirmed for me something did happen.

I would like to add that a couple of years ago I got up to go to the Kitchen.I suddenly felt my whole body vibrate for several seconds.I was thinking maybe I pinched a nerve I never pinched before?Later that day on the News, an Earth tremor hit my area.I remember thinking that "good thing I did not come to silly conclusions."..Ha!

Also, as far as I have been told by various doctors, I have had 20/20 vision my entire life, with no vision problems whatsoever. The last blue orb I can recall seeing was about eleven years ago when I was sixteen years old. The last green flash, a little over a year ago. And this last experience was my first time seeing a white flash.

Seeing flashes is a neurological problem, not a vision problem. They're also extremely difficult to diagnose if they only happen once a year.

• Like 1

I just thought of something else which I have experience personally. Sometimes when I am drifting off to sleep, especially when exhausted, if I hear a 'bang', like someone out side slamming a door, then I get a massive bright flash in my eyes. It could be that you were drifting off and had a similar experience. The light appears to be very bright and very real. I think it maybe connected to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exploding_head_syndrome , and if so then the loud noise also originated in my mind and not from an external source. Any how, it seems common enough that 2 people in a deeply relaxed state could both experience a flash of light with an external loud noise. It tends to happen to me if I have a hangover and have had a late night the previous night.

• Like 1

I just thought of something else which I have experience personally. Sometimes when I am drifting off to sleep, especially when exhausted, if I hear a 'bang', like someone out side slamming a door, then I get a massive bright flash in my eyes. It could be that you were drifting off and had a similar experience. The light appears to be very bright and very real. I think it maybe connected to http://en.wikipedia....g_head_syndrome , and if so then the loud noise also originated in my mind and not from an external source. Any how, it seems common enough that 2 people in a deeply relaxed state could both experience a flash of light with an external loud noise. It tends to happen to me if I have a hangover and have had a late night the previous night.

This could be very true. In the similar sense that sometimes while you drift off to sleep or daydream, you have the involuntary muscle spasms that cause you to "jump" awake. Interesting!

I think I know.

It must be a atom exploding

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

I witnessed something I'm still baffled about. This was approximately 3:30am on February 16th, 2017. My two teen daughters fell asleep on my bed and I was awaken by my youngest teen talking in her sleep. While guiding her to go back to sleep, a bright light flashed that illuminated the whole room. It only lasted for a second, but the flash and brightness was very crisp. I didnt detected anything unusual as far as smell or sound. My oldest teen witnessed the flash as well. I live in Southern California in the suburbs with a population of over 100k in the city I'm residing. Interesting to know I'm not the only one who had experienced something similar. Would love to know what caused the bright light.