Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Obama Kills 15 civilians in Yemen with Drone

joc

(Reuters) - Fifteen people on their way to a wedding in Yemen were killed in an air strike after their party was mistaken for an al Qaeda convoy, local security officials said on Thursday.

The officials did not identify the plane in the strike in central al-Bayda province, but tribal and local media sources said that it was a drone.

"An air strike missed its target and hit a wedding car convoy, ten people were killed immediately and another five who were injured died after being admitted to the hospital," one security official said.

LINK

So, would it be fair for those people to call us terrorists?

• Like 9

Obama supporter's response - "something soemthing Bush was worse something something".

• Like 7

Obama supporter's response - "something soemthing Bush was worse something something".

I know, this whole two party thing is irritating.

I want to be part of the group that holds them all accountable, where can I sign up?

• Like 6

If this is true, I am ashamed of Obama as our president. Poor people, God Bless their souls. And Obama seriously needs be impeached.

• Like 1

It WOULD. And even though I support the use of drones in this war I believe it's time to have a top down investigation into how targeting is accomplished - with a thorough review of how these kinds of mistakes are continually being made. Usually when such innocents are killed as a result of a strike there is at least the excuse that they were bystanders - possibly family - of the militants who were being targeted. This is obviously either extremely bad intel, sloppiness or both. Every death matters and when innocents die it does no one any good but when none BUT innocents die it is a real tragedy and time to stop awhile and rethink how this new weapon system is being used.
  • Like 5

I know, this whole two party thing is irritating.

I want to be part of the group that holds them all accountable, where can I sign up?

psssss Tea Party...

It WOULD. And even though I support the use of drones in this war I believe it's time to have a top down investigation into how targeting is accomplished - with a thorough review of how these kinds of mistakes are continually being made. Usually when such innocents are killed as a result of a strike there is at least the excuse that they were bystanders - possibly family - of the militants who were being targeted. This is obviously either extremely bad intel, sloppiness or both. Every death matters and when innocents die it does no one any good but when none BUT innocents die it is a real tragedy and time to stop awhile and rethink how this new weapon system is being used.

pffff ...just a bump in the road...

• Like 1

Time for some math:

A = Sole Authorizer of All Drone Strikes B = Obama C = Targeted Civillians D = Terrorist

If A = B and B = C, then A = D

• Like 4

The officials did not identify the plane in the strike in central al-Bayda province, but tribal and local media sources said that it was a drone.

OK...

we don't even know if it actually was even a drone attack...

Hadi defended the use of drone strikes, saying they were more accurate than other methods. He said that a 2009 strike that killed scores of Yemeni civilians in Abyan province resulted from a cruise missile and not a drone.

Does that make it OK?

Doesn't make this incident okay but it DOES show that drones are going to be a very popular way to suppress civilian populations around the world and soon. It's time some enterprising geeks got together with some self defense devices to sell to the public. My 30.06 only shoots so high :w00t: :gun:
  • Like 3

Doesn't make this incident okay but it DOES show that drones are going to be a very popular way to suppress civilian populations around the world and soon. It's time some enterprising geeks got together with some self defense devices to sell to the public. My 30.06 only shoots so high :w00t: :gun:

Check out these babies...can you imagine these guys...weaponized to the Nth degree...hundreds of them...with air support by hundreds of drones?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LkyGQ5i2x8

Edited by joc
  • Like 1

(Reuters) - Fifteen people on their way to a wedding in Yemen were killed in an air strike after their party was mistaken for an al Qaeda convoy, local security officials said on Thursday.

"An air strike missed its target and hit a wedding car convoy, ten people were killed immediately and another five who were injured died after being admitted to the hospital," one security official said.

LINK

Thursday?? now.. i might have believed them if they'd said on a tuesday.

Why should we assume this story is true ? and if it is, Obama directly ordered this hit? Obama killed 15 people? I'm not defending Obama, drones, or anything else.. i'd just like to be sure i'm hearing some truth once in a while. ... Yemen huh? What next? Paris?

Edited by lightly
  • Like 1

Thursday?? now.. i might have believed them if they'd said on a tuesday.

Why should we assume this story is true ? and if it is, Obama directly ordered this hit? Obama killed 15 people? I'm not defending Obama, drones, or anything else.. i'd just like to be sure i'm hearing some truth once in a while. ... Yemen huh? What next? Paris?

Hey, I was over there and witnessed the whole thing okay? I saw Obama...he was on a humvee with the controls in his hand...he looked like a maniacle 7 year old...he was muttering...Gonna gettem...gonna gettem...gonna gettem...wahmm...mecheeeeeelll...I gotem, I gotem...

I saw the whole thing...I flew back immediatley to post this so the world would know.

Look, the thing is...our soldiers in the field are under orders NOT to shoot at the enemy unless they are fired upon. But it is okay to target the enemy with a drone? And what the hell is going on with intel over there? Who is in control. Obama himself did tell us...in no uncertain terms that HE...was the one who gave the order for all drone strikes. So....it's almost like you would believe the Yemen 'officials' over the people who witnessed it. But then again, don't you take that stance here as well? Believing the 'officials'...maybe I'm mistaken..please tell me I am brother!

• Like 2

The CIA does the drone strikes not the military. Which of course immediately makes me picture Stan from "American Dad".

Yomama still gives the orders

• Like 1

Yomama still gives the orders

Maybe

Never mind right or left politics, this would have been the course no matter who`s in the chair.

Any bets on who`s going to be the next Prez ;)

• Like 4

Maybe

Never mind right or left politics, this would have been the course no matter who`s in the chair.

Right now...I'd put my money on Obama...

• Like 3

Maybe

Haha! Yeah that's what I was thinking. Left - right, same piece of crap, just different color.