Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Miraculous Image of Our Lady of Guadalupe

markdohle

Miraculous Image of Our Lady of Guadalupe

The image of Our Lady of Guadalupe has been the subject of numerous technical studies since 1751 and extensive scientific investigations in recent years, and none of the result offered any sound scientific explanation which, up to this very day, defies science and all human reasoning as it continuous to baffle scientists and even skeptics.

Below are only some of the findings that were drawn from the scientific investigations conducted on the image and the fabric itself which were commissioned by the authorized custodians of the Tilma in the Basilica, and in every case the investigators had direct and unobstructed access to it:

Continue:(http://infallible-ca...ur-lady-of.html)

Edited by Still Waters
Reduced amount of copied text
  • Like 1

Do you want us to convert to the Church of Rom? ;-)

Dr. Jacques Vallee think that Marial apparitions are phenomenon related to UFOs, though he completely reject (in general) its extraterrestrial origin.

Thanks for sharing Markdohle.

I have a book about this. it's called "Goddess of The Americas" by Ana Castilla, very good read. I recommend it.

• Like 1

"The colors actually float above the surface of the Tilma at a distance of 3/10th of a millimeter (1/100th of an inch), without touching it." That's the key to the paradox. It's like resurrection...

Peace.

• Like 1

Do you want us to convert to the Church of Rom? ;-)

Dr. Jacques Vallee think that Marial apparitions are phenomenon related to UFOs, though he completely reject (in general) its extraterrestrial origin.

LOL no, it is just something very interesting. As a Catholic, yes it means something different to me that it would to others.

peace

mark

Thanks for sharing Markdohle.

I have a book about this. it's called "Goddess of The Americas" by Ana Castilla, very good read. I recommend it.

Thank you I will look it up.

peace

Mark

"The colors actually float above the surface of the Tilma at a distance of 3/10th of a millimeter (1/100th of an inch), without touching it." That's the key to the paradox. It's like resurrection...

Peace.

It is truly a wonderful object. For some devotion, for others something to be studied further, for many perhaps it is both.

peace

Mark

It is truly a wonderful object. For some devotion, for others something to be studied further, for many perhaps it is both.

peace

Mark

Here's an example: Hours before my mom passed away, there was an otherworldly glow about her, as if her soul was getting ready to dislodge itself from the body. When she moved on, her body didn't look anything like her. In a sense, our body is also like a canvas. Resurrection of the flesh is another example, but that's another story.

Peace.

• Like 1

Happily surprised this isn't another "Jesus on toast" or "Mary in an inkblot" post. This is truly fascinating! Thanks.

I am seeing Marian Apparition in a rather different perspective. Something might have really happened, except that it didn't happen for a benign reason. And it's not supernatural in origin. More like a technological one.

Here's an example: Hours before my mom passed away, there was an otherworldly glow about her, as if her soul was getting ready to dislodge itself from the body. When she moved on, her body didn't look anything like her. In a sense, our body is also like a canvas. Resurrection of the flesh is another example, but that's another story.

Peace.

Beautiful and a common experience. Today people are beginning to talk about them.

peace

mark

I am seeing Marian Apparition in a rather different perspective. Something might have really happened, except that it didn't happen for a benign reason. And it's not supernatural in origin. More like a technological one.

I understand my friend. We interrupt events from our own perspective. I being a devout catholic would not expect you to agree with me. Thanks for commenting.

Peace

Mark

Beautiful and a common experience. Today people are beginning to talk about them.

peace

mark

"In 1785, a worker, while attempting to clean the glass covering of the Tilma, accidentally spilled a 50% nitric acid solvent on the upper right side of the Tilma that did considerable damage. During the period of 30 days, without any special treatment, the affected fabric re-constituted itself miraculously."

More than likely, it's that same radiance, luminosity (or color combo) that's also resurrection's catalyst. To see one's flesh rejuvinate itself is, indeed, something to behold. Yes, I have no doubt that the crucified Jesus rose from the dead, and that same power (or advanced/metaphysical technology) is perpetuating the Mexican holy relic and the incorruptible bodies of certain Catholic saints.

Have a good afternoon, Mark.

Brian Dunning did a review of the Lady of Guadalupe for his Skeptoid podcast a couple of years back. Transcript and podcast at the link:

http://skeptoid.com/episodes/4201

The Virgin of Guadalupe

Is the Virgin of Guadalupe a miraculous apparition, a dismissable religious icon, or does it have more importance?

His conclusion:

The Virgin of Guadalupe is yet more one mythical story whose believers are missing out on true facts that are actually more respectful and confer more credit upon them than the myth. The image on the Virgin tilma was painted by a native Aztec artist; and the painting had not only an important role in Mexico's early history as a nation, but also a staggering impact upon its culture ever since. Mexicans with Aztec heritage should take pride in the fact that their original culture, specifically the goddess Tonantzin, was a key ingredient in the spread of modern Catholicism. The Juan Diego myth takes that away, and whitewashes part of Mexican history clean of any Aztec influence. That's a disservice to one of humanity's greatest ancient civilizations, and it's a disservice to history.

When we see the Virgin of Guadalupe image today, most people react in one of two ways: They worship it as a miraculous apparition, or they dismiss it as someone else's religious icon. Both reactions miss the much richer true history. The Virgin of Guadalupe stands not only as an invaluable work of ancient art (possibly the most popular piece of art ever created), but also as a reminder of how the conquest of Mexico was truly accomplished: Not only its military conquest, but one of history's greatest religious conversions as well.

20 doctors confirm seeing a "bearded man" in the eye.

eyes.jpg

20 doctors don't know what pareidolia is.

Brian Dunning

The Virgin of Guadalupe is yet more one mythical story whose believers are missing out on true facts that are actually more respectful and confer more credit upon them than the myth. The image on the Virgin tilma was painted by a native Aztec artist; and the painting had not only an important role in Mexico's early history as a nation, but also a staggering impact upon its culture ever since. Mexicans with Aztec heritage should take pride in the fact that their original culture, specifically the goddess Tonantzin, was a key ingredient in the spread of modern Catholicism. The Juan Diego myth takes that away, and whitewashes part of Mexican history clean of any Aztec influence. That's a disservice to one of humanity's greatest ancient civilizations, and it's a disservice to history.

When we see the Virgin of Guadalupe image today, most people react in one of two ways: They worship it as a miraculous apparition, or they dismiss it as someone else's religious icon. Both reactions miss the much richer true history. The Virgin of Guadalupe stands not only as an invaluable work of ancient art (possibly the most popular piece of art ever created), but also as a reminder of how the conquest of Mexico was truly accomplished: Not only its military conquest, but one of history's greatest religious conversions as well.

That's classic red herring. The important issue is the miraculous quality of the image. The guy is going off on a tangent.