Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

New UFO series. Close Encounters...

seeder

Just what we need, another sensationalised ufo TV series to feed the next gen of believers, however, a little credit needs to be given, the show DOES start of by saying most ufo sightings can be explained... and it has Nick Pope in it!

quote:

Based on the show’s trailer, Close Encounters appears to be less biased than other ET/UFO shows on television. The trailer opens by acknowledging that “most UFO sightings can be explained.”

The format of the show seems to focus largely on event recreation, but also incorporate experts like Leslie Kean, Nick Pope, and Kevin Randle.

Close Encounters premieres January 10 on Discovery Canada. The series will also reportedly air on Discovery’s Science Channel in the U.S., but no details about the U.S. premiere have been released.

http://www.openminds.tv/new-ufo-show-set-premiere-discovery-canada/25398

• Like 2

Bummer that its a Canadian show, but with the magic of the web Im sure it will be upped to YT within hours of release

Just what we need, another sensationalised ufo TV series to feed the next gen of believers, however, a little credit needs to be given, the show DOES start of by saying most ufo sightings can be explained... and it has Nick Pope in it!

quote:

Based on the show’s trailer, Close Encounters appears to be less biased than other ET/UFO shows on television. The trailer opens by acknowledging that “most UFO sightings can be explained.”

The format of the show seems to focus largely on event recreation, but also incorporate experts like Leslie Kean, Nick Pope, and Kevin Randle.

Close Encounters premieres January 10 on Discovery Canada. The series will also reportedly air on Discovery’s Science Channel in the U.S., but no details about the U.S. premiere have been released.

You forgot to add that the clip also says that 5% cannot. There's the bias again; almost totally habitual.

Stan Friedman always maintained that percentage was about right. Five percent of 100,000 is 5000 and that's a heck of a lot of ET's by anyone's standards.

:tu:

Edited by zoser
  • Like 1

what he means is, out of ALL the documented cases, only a FEW - or less - could be considered head-scratchers.. but then again that depends on who feels an urge to scratch.... some of us do leave the house and have a life..

Anyone try find me 5000 cases that dont stand up to logical and sensible scrutiny....and so therefore must be considered as 'stand out' cases.. and I will kiss your ass

You forgot to add that the clip also says that 5% cannot. There's the bias again; almost totally habitual.

Stan Friedman always maintained that percentage was about right. Five percent of 100,000 is 5000 and that's a heck of a lot of ET's by anyone's standards.

Speaking of bias, where does the clip say 5% are ETs? Edited by Rlyeh
  • Like 3

Speaking of bias, where does the clip say 5% are ETs?

What do you think they are? Chinese?

Saucers, cigar shaped craft, orbs, whatever, able to outrun our most able fighter jets by a large margin.

Doesn't leave a lot of options does it?

Edited by zoser

I am hopeful with this being on Discovery it will be carried in the U.S. with a much larger viewing audience obviously. :yes:

Saucers, cigar shaped craft, orbs, whatever, able to outrun our most able fighter jets by a large margin.

Not too familiar with the word unexplained are you?
  • Like 1

Not too familiar with the word unexplained are you?

Presumably you think they are some kind of plasma phenomena?

You believe in fairy lights if you wish. Research however indicates otherwise.

I wonder when series like this, will cover one of the REALLY OBSERVED and REALLY STUDIED repeated ufo phenomena, as Hessdalen. For those who may not know its a valley where UFO have been filmed/photo'd...for years...by masses of people, incl radar

I think the problem with such a genuine case...is no-one has attached any abduction stories to it, or sightings of aliens...so even tho its one place in the world where ufo's CAN be seen, the lack of any thrilling stories doesnt seem to make it attractive to ufologoists, well, some anyway

What do you know, zoser can't read either.
  • Like 3

If Crater is on the Moon, and Hoffa is on Mars, Where`s Angus-Mcguffin on ? Venus maybe . Or is that a MIB question to be covered up like all the rest of the Dark secrets ? :tu:

tumblr_mxtfnrP4dH1st2uq8o1_500.gif

• Like 1

I wonder when series like this, will cover one of the REALLY OBSERVED and REALLY STUDIED repeated ufo phenomena, as Hessdalen. For those who may not know its a valley where UFO have been filmed/photo'd...for years...by masses of people, incl radar

I think the problem with such a genuine case...is no-one has attached any abduction stories to it, or sightings of aliens...so even tho its one place in the world where ufo's CAN be seen, the lack of any thrilling stories doesnt seem to make it attractive to ufologoists, well, some anyway

[media=]

[/media]

That's because most people who claim to study the 'UFO phenomena' are really only interested in the ETH, not UFO's specifically. They want to usurp the UFO numbers for their own argument while hand waving away any requests to show any actual correlation. If the UFO's turn out to be naturally explained phenomena then they pretend it has nothing to do with UFOlogy when in reality nothing could be further from the truth. It is glaringly evident that natural phenomena (like Hessdalen) are responsible for many UFO reports so any study of UFO's must include them as potential explanations.

• Like 1

That's because most people who claim to study the 'UFO phenomena' are really only interested in the ETH, not UFO's specifically. They want to usurp the UFO numbers for their own argument while hand waving away any requests to show any actual correlation. If the UFO's turn out to be naturally explained phenomena then they pretend it has nothing to do with UFOlogy when in reality nothing could be further from the truth. It is glaringly evident that natural phenomena (like Hessdalen) are responsible for many UFO reports so any study of UFO's must include them as potential explanations.

well said :tu: and I couldn't agree more... here are repeatable, observable ufo phenomena, that anyone can go and witness...BUT..

nah lets stick to the fluffed up junk stories of little men and lazer guns instead..

well said :tu: and I couldn't agree more... here are repeatable, observable ufo phenomena, that anyone can go and witness...BUT..

nah lets stick to the fluffed up junk stories of little men and lazer guns instead..

Personally I am interested in of course, anything unexplainable, the ETH, but also the possible craft and technology that brings them here.

• Like 1

I would caution strongly against anyone jumping up and down and down claiming case closed where the Hessdalen phenomena is concerned.

There is still much to be explained.

Listen to The accounts of local residents on this clip. One resident is adamant that what she saw is a flying saucer. The clip also mentions earth sampling; as yet unexplained.

• Like 1

Zoser- very interesting. This is one of those rare instances that does seem quite credible- something is going on.

I noticed they were serious about the optical quality of their captures - they have Nikon cameras in use - glad to see that.

Agreed. I feel that there are at least two things going on there. There are the plasma effects but also they do obviously experience the same UFO like objects as in other places of the world. Are the two related? I believe so; maybe a unique set of local electro-magnetic conditions attracts both.

What caused the 2 tonne earth removal however is a mystery.

It also means lack of information, which also does not = ET. Many cases suffer from lack of information, that is where you enter and shoehorn ET in.

• Like 3

How ironic.

Fairy Lights aka earthlights are well proven to exist and much evidence abounds.

You feel something like the Min Min phenomena requires a belief to acknowledge existence, but not flying saucers and visiting aliens without any proof at all huh?

• Like 1

All cases lack information,physical evidence ect,proof ! Other wisecracked it would all be a mute case by now ! Not a shingle tid,bit ! Real 100% Proof ! Well This just to me at least Keep Looking !

After seeing what I saw all these years ago,In my eyes I know It was not of this earth ! Nah !NAh! Nah ! and Only I got to See it ! :tu:

I would caution strongly against anyone jumping up and down and down claiming case closed where the Hessdalen phenomena is concerned.

There is still much to be explained.

Listen to The accounts of local residents on this clip. One resident is adamant that what she saw is a flying saucer. The clip also mentions earth sampling; as yet unexplained.

[media=]

[/media]

Go there and flm one and show us all how this is a alien anything. Same with Biloela in Australia. Many people have video captures of these things, and anyone can visit and gather their own data. You refuse the data at the Project Hessdalen website, and choose to insult that hard work with some childish anecdotes. Nobody stated case closed, people stated it is the best and most valid study of EARTHlights even undertaken, however Professor Jack Pettigrew is doing his bit here in Australia.

What this proves is that very earthly things look like that which people call spaceships when they most certainly are not. There is no reason at all to call Hessdalen lights spaceships.