Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ohelemapit

Abandoned on a trash heap

4 posts in this topic

• Eldad Hagar from Hope For Paws found a female husky he called Miley abandoned on a pile of trash
  • She was so weak when he found her that she didn't have the energy to run away
  • She was found to be suffering mange, parasites, malnutrition and bacterial infections
  • She has made an amazing recovery and is using her new lease of life to help her new friend Frankie
  • Frankie the chihuahua was found in a sewer almost drowned and was terrified of everything
  • The pair are now inseparable and Frankie is much more outgoing after Miley took him under her wing

arrow3.gifView: Read more

2 people like this

• Eldad Hagar from Hope For Paws found a female husky he called Miley abandoned on a pile of trash
  • She was so weak when he found her that she didn't have the energy to run away
  • She was found to be suffering mange, parasites, malnutrition and bacterial infections
  • She has made an amazing recovery and is using her new lease of life to help her new friend Frankie
  • Frankie the chihuahua was found in a sewer almost drowned and was terrified of everything
  • The pair are now inseparable and Frankie is much more outgoing after Miley took him under her wing

arrow3.gifView: cle-2523547/Abandoned-trash-heap-husky-close-death-gets-second-chance-develops-remarkable-friendship-chihuahua.html" target="_blank">Read more

I read this earlier.I could kill the bloody idiot that did this. :angry:

2 people like this

I'm trying to understand the reason for posting this in the Nature sub-forum. It says more about human behaviour more than anything else. Dogs befriending other dogs is not unusual. I suppose humans are unique in their capacity to befriend other species to such a degree. Is it possible for humans to befriend beings from another species? Aristotle didn't think so.

At least the weather in southern California is agreeable. Here in Canada and the northern states, winter means death to untold number of cats and dogs. Feral animals are in a legal black hole. They are neither owned by anyone (property) nor are they wildlife. I submit though that dogs and cats are species that have been shaped and domesticated by humans and we thus have a moral duty of care towards them.

We have been failing to live up to this contract rather spectacularly.

"The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated." - Mahatma Gandhi

How do they know she was abandoned on a trash heap? Couldn't she perhaps have made her way there because of discarded food or prey animals after being lost or something? I'm very glad she finally got help, but jumping to the conclusion that the big evil humans did this to her doesn't seem to stand up to the information given.

The article mentions "maybe abused" but offers no points on why they think that.

It always makes me sad that people don't notice animals in distress earlier, or that the animal help systems don't get to them sooner.