Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Your favorite UFO case

Lotharson

What is your favorite UFO case?

Mine is the Valensole incident:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valensole_UFO_incident

To my mind, in any other field of enquiry (such as drug trafficing), we would conclude that this really happened.

However I still think that it is unwarranted to believe this were space aliens.

I just believe that something really extraordinary occurred and I will defend this conclusion in the future.

I think that the only earthly explanation would be a very sophisticated experiment of psychological warfare which could solely have been carried out by a government.

My personal favorite is the hudson valley boomergang

I know a few people, including family, that saw this craft.

• Like 3

There are so many intriguing cases over the decades personally its hard to choose. I would say the number one in my opinion, was the Bentwaters/Randlesham incident from 1980. Just one of many I could list that are standouts for a number of reasons.

• Like 2

Portage county case

Pascagoula case

are two of my favourite.

• Like 1

The Hessdalen lights.

They aren't alien though the research done there could influence what we know about electromagnetism and plasma. To date it is the only UFO phenomena that we are actually getting anything useful from.

• Like 3

SKYLAB III case

• Like 1

Roswell, I think thats what started most of the "UFO" conspiracis off.

The governents must have been laughing their steel pants off and still are "let them believe its a UFO, it will take away any suspicions away from us to what we are making and sending out there and they are the ones paying for it."

• Like 5

Mine.

which is? ... and gosh I hope there was no anal probing... :w00t:

Edited by qxcontinuum
  • Like 1

Not sure of the name of the case, but Early 90's (I think) South-West Illinois and North-East Missouri (St. Louis). Was witnessed by multiple police departments and there were tons of witnesses. The UFO/s were sighted within a 100 mile radius. (Can someone tell me the name of this case?)

I live in Illinois and have had a few sightings in my life. The most intriguing one being in Shenandoah Valley (Virginia, Appalachian Trail). The second intriguing sighting of mine, has to be from about 4 years ago at my parents house in Johnsburg Ill. I reported it to MUFON and checked in a few days later, there were multiple reports of that sighting, wide spread across the Mid-West. If anyone wants details of my sightings, feel free to ask!

which is? ... and gosh I hope there was no anal probing... :w00t:

I seriously hope there was more then enough, overkill anal probing! ;)

The Lonnie Zamora case is a good one and I've got a soft spot for the Kelly- Hopkinsville encounter because I loved it as a kid (when I believed everything) and its straight out of a 50s sci fi film.

• Like 2

I love love love the alleged UFO photos supposedly taken by Eric Thomason on Australia's Maslin Beach in 1993.

http://www.ufocasebook.com/maslinbeach1993.html

Finally we have a case where there's not just one photo but a sequence of photos showing not just one UFO but two UFOs. Even better, they're doing something instead of just posing for the photographer.

Yeah, they look like models slightly more elaborate than Ed Walters's but Ed's faked photos were just the same lousy technique used over and over. This sequence shows both clear shots and silhouettes which at least prove they used a variety of techniques to fake them.

I don't agree with Chris Savahn's statements about the camera or the photos. Fixed focus 35mm cameras in the 90's did not have their focus set to infinity. That would make all pictures of anything near the camera out of focus. They had wide lenses (25mm-35mm) and focus was usually fixed to four feet from the camera. Some consumer 35mm cameras had a fixed aperture of f5.6 to f8 but most Kodak consumer cameras had two ("indoor" and "outdoor") or three ("indoor", "cloudy" and "sunny") aperture settings. An aperture of f5.6-f8 would throw the background of the ocean out of focus like in the first photo. Switching to the smaller aperture (f16) when shooting into the brighter sky would put everything up to 50 feet in focus.

Unfortunately Eric doesn't mention doing anything like this when he (supposedly) took the photos.

Slave2fate: thanks for the hint!

I don't believe in the alien origin of the UFO phenomenon anyway.

But apparently the jury is still out concerning the Hessdalen lights.

Let's wait a bit to see what truly comes out of it.

What is your favorite UFO case?

Mine is the Valensole incident:

http://en.wikipedia....le_UFO_incident

To my mind, in any other field of enquiry (such as drug trafficing), we would conclude that this really happened.

However I still think that it is unwarranted to believe this were space aliens.

I just believe that something really extraordinary occurred and I will defend this conclusion in the future.

I think that the only earthly explanation would be a very sophisticated experiment of psychological warfare which could solely have been carried out by a government.

I came across that case a while ago and it is fascinating.

Here is where it took place:

masse4.jpg

If anyone has good French I'm sure an interpretation would be appreciated:

this one does seem quite popular Lilly, do you have a favoured explanation?

I find it to be quite unexplained...hence it being my favourite.

Stephen Michalak, 1967 Canada.

How should I trust an idiot who is wearing welder's goggles when hiking through canadian forest?

Edited by toast

I would have to say there are several: Lubbock Lights, Levelland encounter, Stephenville and then the Flatwoods Monster... I also consider all the Airship Mystery of the 1890's my favorites also...

• Like 1

I would have to say there are several: Lubbock Lights, Levelland encounter, Stephenville and then the Flatwoods Monster... I also consider all the Airship Mystery of the 1890's my favorites also...

Would that be the one about the reported crash of a ufo over was it Aurora, Texas? back in the late 1800's.

• Like 1

Would that be the one about the reported crash of a ufo over was it Aurora, Texas? back in the late 1800's.

That's one of them, but there was a lot of different bizarre shaped dirigible/air ships reported during the latter part of the 1800's...

Actually, in some cases, there weren't just ships reported, there were also flying humanoids and such...

Flying humanoids! I recall hearing reading about them somewhere, either in some obscure science show or the like or in some para normal book I may have read awhile back. :-*

• Like 1