Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mystery of the Flying Orbs

zoser

Anyway back to the topic of the thread.

The video shows conclusive evidence:

1) That some orbs enter the planet from the outer atmosphere.

2) Orbs are frequently recorded in space close to man made stations.

3) Orbs are linked with crop circles.

4) Orbs often descend into residential areas.

5) Ebani can discharge orbs.

The origin and function of these strange objects however is still very much unknown.

That was quick. Did you watch it on x100 ?

I'll call you R2D2 from now on.

Sorry, not worth my time. I will, however, gladly devote an hour (and even more) to read about your flying orbs when they are written up in a peer reviewed journal like The Astrophysical Journal (http://iopscience.iop.org/0004-637X).

Drop me a line when that happens.

Cheers,

post-106978-0-33225200-1387299811_thumb.

Edited by Rafterman
  • Like 2

Yes indeed. Many of his posts have got detailed links provided which should be read to be appreciated and form a conclusion other than the obvious.

Detailed links? What's an undetailed link?

The ones he has posted are videos made by crackpots intended to be watched by uneducated suckers. It's no surprise that zoser can't add anything to them.

I only appreciate the humor they have given me just like the original Ancient Astronaut hoax did when it was revealed thirty years ago.

• Like 2

Sorry, not worth my time. I will, however, gladly devote an hour (and even more) to read about your flying orbs when they are written up in a peer reviewed journal like The Astrophysical Journal (http://iopscience.iop.org/0004-637X).

Drop me a line when that happens.

Cheers,

post-106978-0-33225200-1387299811_thumb.

Modern Scientific journals not required or of any value in this field.

The only value they have as far as I can see:

burning_paper_1898680_by_stockproject1-d36cjgo.jpg

They will keep you nice and warm on a cold winters evening.

That's about it really.

Debate? Making personal attacks is not debate. Heck look at the very first responce to this thread. Is that what you call debate?

How was my comment a "personal attack".

I simply stated that I now see where he gets his "evidence". Not an attack.

Then I simply offered a bit of editorial advice to the creators of the website. Not an attack - actually a service if you think about it.

• Like 1

Detailed links? What's an undetailed link?

The ones he has posted are videos made by crackpots intended to be watched by uneducated suckers. It's no surprise that zoser can't add anything to them.

I only appreciate the humor they have given me just like the original Ancient Astronaut hoax did when it was revealed thirty years ago.

Another very angry skeptic.

What's up with you lot lately?

Relax, enjoy the season and have a nice mince pie:

mince_pie.jpg

Edited by zoser

They will keep you nice and warm on a cold winters evening.

That's about it really.

And that would be the field of "making **** up"?

Frankly, I doubt you would find a single person on the editorial board of The Astrophysical Journal that didn't believe in extraterrestrial life.

Edited by Rafterman

Reading stuff written on paper by closed-minded eggheads? Uggghh! No wonder technology is still in the dark ages!

• Like 1

And that would be the field of "making **** up"?

Modern science is not the authority here (although many would insist that it is).

In fact there is no authority here. How can there be in a subject that is way beyond the realms of modern science?

Ever wonder why scientific journals are required in other fields?

Of course you don't. You don't know anything about them, do you zoser?

• Like 1

Ever wonder why scientific journals are required in other fields?

Of course you don't. You don't know anything about them, do you zoser?

I prefer to think for myself. Others prefer scientists to do it for them.

Everyone must choose their own way and style.

Modern science is not the authority here (although many would insist that it is).

In fact there is no authority here.

Yes, this is a field where people can hoax and get away with it.

Yes, this is a field where people can lie and be believed by people who want to believe.

Yes, this is a field where any crackpot or schizophrenic can have their delusions taken seriously.

Yes, this is a field where sixty years of study has led absolutely nowhere.

In other words, this field is a cult.

How can there be in a subject that is way beyond the realms of modern science?

Even science fiction is based in science.

• Like 3

I prefer to think for myself. Others prefer scientists to do it for them.

And where has that gotten you, zoser? If a scientist told you that petrol is poisonous, would you drink it?

• Like 1

And where has that gotten you, zoser? If a scientist told you that petrol is poisonous, would you drink it?

As I said I make my own decisions. If however you only believe that which science decrees then............kind of like religion isn't it?

• Like 1

Yes, this is a field where people can hoax and get away with it.

Yes, this is a field where people can lie and be believed by people who want to believe.

Yes, this is a field where any crackpot or schizophrenic can have their delusions taken seriously.

Yes, this is a field where sixty years of study has led absolutely nowhere.

In other words, this field is a cult.

What field is a cult??

Even science fiction is based in science.

In fact there is no authority here. How can there be in a subject that is way beyond the realms of modern science?

Which is all well and good, until you start telling people they're wrong for thinking differently to you.

YOU are giving yourself the mantle of "authority".

Lets take the (in)famous really smooth boreholes for example.

You say "I think they're done by lasers". I say "hmm, how else could they be done?" Seeder says "rubbing stones" and you then say "you're deluded".

That's not "discussing something where everyone is equally not an authority" or showing people the kindness of allowing them to make up their own minds as you do yourself, if they disagree or appeal to any other authority (ie scientists) you get snide and start calling people deluded or implying that they're not thinking right.

Debate? Making personal attacks is not debate. Heck look at the very first responce to this thread. Is that what you call debate?

It's called questioning the credibility of the source. Not only is that dubious, and clearly created purely for entertainment, it has been incorrectly described as a "Documentary" and reflects the spurious claims always touted as fact by that very poster, in all, that makes it a perfectly accurate statement, and not directed at any person at all, that is the point of this place, to present data for debate. This data is from a poor source that is not investigative, but promotive. AKA Entertainment TV. And that poster regularly presents very poor cases with a credulous edge, and bad advice. Now we see at least one source, and the many spurious claims are reflected in that very source.

And that attitude is well reflected in the way you struggle to understand basic principles, and why everything is a mystery to you. It also shows you advocate the same principals that the Church used to destroy knowledge, as when they Murdered Hypatia and destroyed all her works, you too fear thats science DOES explain the UFO phenomena, and would like to see it deposed before that can happen.

They burned books too, in fact all short sighted people in history burn books, it is something seen as shameful, not heroic, why people listen to you at all when you offend knowledge and guide them by the nose like this I have no idea, but as we all know, some people crave another to be in control of them, it's a fetish.

Here is another example if UFOlogy blinkering information. ANY Skeptic will INSIST that one consults all sources of information, and we qualify that which is left standing, where this is the attitude of UFOlogy. Destroy any opposing information, and blindly believe alien and UFO stories that sound cool. UFOlogy refuses to face the answers.

A good illustration of backwards thinking, hiding information, and funneling knowledge to only that which you approve of.

You like quotes don't you" Have at these:

"Do you ever read any of the books you burn?"

He laughed. "That's against the law!"

"Oh. Of course."

“The burning of a book is a sad, sad sight, for even though a book is nothing but ink and paper, it feels as if the ideas contained in the book are disappearing as the pages turn to ashes and the cover and binding--which is the term for the stitching and glue that holds the pages together--blacken and curl as the flames do their wicked work. When someone is burning a book, they are showing utter contempt for all of the thinking that produced its ideas, all of the labor that went into its words and sentences, and all of the trouble that befell the author . . .”

― Lemony Snicket, The Penultimate Peril

“Books can not be killed by fire. People die, but books never die. No man and no force can abolish memory... In this war, we know, books are weapons. And it is a part of your dedication always to make them weapons for man's freedom.”

― Franklin D. Roosevelt

“It hardly matters why a library is destroyed: every banning, curtailment, shredding, plunder or loot gives rise (at least as a ghostly presence) to a louder, clearer, more durable library of the banned, looted, plundered, shredded or curtailed.”

― Alberto Manguel, The Library at Night

Really, you ought to be ashamed of yourself. Disgraceful attitude, I honestly wish I had never met you, I hope I never meet another who would be so callous with history and real works of art. This mindset is what I would consider inherently evil.

Fear science and knowledge all you like, it is not going to go away.

• Like 3

I have to totally agree with psyche101 as always on this one ! Im wondering If we started a Fund to Send "Z" to actually meet with a Real scientists ! Now that would be a Event of Epic accountability ! :tu:

• Like 1

As I said I make my own decisions. If however you only believe that which science decrees then............kind of like religion isn't it?

One must actually understand it to properly comment upon it, your laughable religion reference is not even in the ballpark, what you promote is like religion, book burning, and a fear of science. Even Galileo can tell you about that, it's nothing new.

What is more than painfully obvious is that you do not understand science at all, you reject it, because you fear that which you do not understand. You only know enough to realise it dents you fantasy, and you want that nasty thing away from you.

tumblr_lb68vcDd2S1qdxqp6o1_500.jpg

• Like 2

I have to totally agree with psyche101 as always on this one ! Im wondering If we started a Fund to Send "Z" to actually meet with a Real scientists ! Now that would be a Event of Epic accountability ! :tu:

Cheers mate!

Book burning is just bad, no excuse for that.

Actually, my baby sister has recently picked up a new contract on the cancer team at Edinburgh. Same part of the world as Z? Long way from me I know that. I really doubt anyone has enough muscle to knock sense into him though, the ignorance is clearly deliberate.

Edited by psyche101

I think that "Z" just might be the Real Mork ! Nanu Nanu and all that lot ! But I do like to read all the nonsense ! ITs what Keeps his orbit in check. At least until He become nuclear ! :gun:

Then we send in the Special agents from DAB ! or was that MIB ? I get them mixed up a lot !

• Like 1

I think that "Z" just might be the Real Mork ! Nanu Nanu and all that lot ! But I do like to read all the nonsense ! ITs what Keeps his orbit in check. At least until He become nuclear ! :gun:

Then we send in the Special agents from DAB ! or was that MIB ? I get them mixed up a lot !

Rather than his unappealing imagination, I'd rather see a good movie, I saw Gravity last weekend finally, top stuff that. Hard to believe how Sandra managed to hop from module to module, but damn it was a good watch. I hope we get a decent Sci Fi flick for Christmas.

And that attitude is well reflected in the way you struggle to understand basic principles, and why everything is a mystery to you. It also shows you advocate the same principals that the Church used to destroy knowledge, as when they Murdered Hypatia and destroyed all her works, you too fear thats science DOES explain the UFO phenomena, and would like to see it deposed before that can happen.

They burned books too, in fact all short sighted people in history burn books, it is something seen as shameful, not heroic, why people listen to you at all when you offend knowledge and guide them by the nose like this I have no idea, but as we all know, some people crave another to be in control of them, it's a fetish.

Here is another example if UFOlogy blinkering information. ANY Skeptic will INSIST that one consults all sources of information, and we qualify that which is left standing, where this is the attitude of UFOlogy. Destroy any opposing information, and blindly believe alien and UFO stories that sound cool. UFOlogy refuses to face the answers.

A good illustration of backwards thinking, hiding information, and funneling knowledge to only that which you approve of.

You like quotes don't you" Have at these:

"Do you ever read any of the books you burn?"

He laughed. "That's against the law!"

"Oh. Of course."

“The burning of a book is a sad, sad sight, for even though a book is nothing but ink and paper, it feels as if the ideas contained in the book are disappearing as the pages turn to ashes and the cover and binding--which is the term for the stitching and glue that holds the pages together--blacken and curl as the flames do their wicked work. When someone is burning a book, they are showing utter contempt for all of the thinking that produced its ideas, all of the labor that went into its words and sentences, and all of the trouble that befell the author . . .”

― Lemony Snicket, The Penultimate Peril

“Books can not be killed by fire. People die, but books never die. No man and no force can abolish memory... In this war, we know, books are weapons. And it is a part of your dedication always to make them weapons for man's freedom.”

― Franklin D. Roosevelt

“It hardly matters why a library is destroyed: every banning, curtailment, shredding, plunder or loot gives rise (at least as a ghostly presence) to a louder, clearer, more durable library of the banned, looted, plundered, shredded or curtailed.”

― Alberto Manguel, The Library at Night

Really, you ought to be ashamed of yourself. Disgraceful attitude, I honestly wish I had never met you, I hope I never meet another who would be so callous with history and real works of art. This mindset is what I would consider inherently evil.

Fear science and knowledge all you like, it is not going to go away.

Really good post, psyche,... well said. :)

Edited by Hazzard
  • Like 1

We all have our idols and Gods.

The scientists are clearly yours; not mine.