Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Where do you guys think we go after death?

ocean112

I am curious as to where people think we go after death. I personally want to believe we go somewhere like "Heaven or the Astral Plane" but what are your opinions?

• Like 5

Quite simple: if embalmed nowhere, if not to feed the worms and bacteria unless it is to the crematory. Why would you ask?

• Like 3

I think out consciousness survives and is allowed to continue its existence in another form of reality. Call it an astral reality if you like, or a spirit world, but I think labels are counter productive sometimes as they stir emotions in people that should not be attached to the word.

• Like 9

I believe there is an afterlife. I have zero proof and refuse to push my belief on others. As far as I know, fact wise? I'll rot in the ground. Yeah, I have cognitive dissonance like Lady Gaga has random.

• Like 2

I am hoping it will be in accordance to the wishes in my will, which I have not decided upon yet....too early.

Quite frankly where ever I go, I do not want to be going with the body I am currently in, although still pretty fit, by the time I am in my 90's it will be ready to throw on with Mother Earths other relics.....just got to decide where now.

Edited by freetoroam
  • Like 1

I am curious as to where people think we go after death. I personally want to believe we go somewhere like "Heaven or the Astral Plane" but what are your opinions?

We will be born as planets and stars

• Like 2

Possibly just another series of events, without missing a beat. The mind is capable of dreaming up any number of situations where the dreamer is unaware that they're even dreaming (usually) until they wake up. Maybe when this 'dream' ends, another drifts on in. Or maybe we're involved in multiple dreams simultaneously now, and you might be another dream of mine, and my life might be another dream of yours. With this possibility, there would likely be no beginning or end to anything. Justing drifting in and out of dreams, where there is no true sense of time. Keeping in mind how the.. mind behaves during sleep, we don't really recognize any time in between dreams. We just kind of timelessly drift back and forth among them. We know this happens in our mind when sleeping, so it's not that far fetched an idea that it possibly happens in this dream we call 'real life', because I don't know about you, but one of the few things in this life that I actually know is that I am a mind. All else is basically trusted by what my mind tells me.

Edited by _Only
  • Like 3

Quite simple: if embalmed nowhere, if not to feed the worms and bacteria unless it is to the crematory. Why would you ask?

Usually when someone refers to 'me', or 'us' they're referring to the non-physical aspect of themselves, called consciousness.

• Like 1

Usually when someone refers to 'me', or 'us' they're referring to the non-physical aspect of themselves, called consciousness.

As there is no evidence beyond the fact that it ceases to be evident once the brain stops working: nowhere.

As long as it isn't Walmart,but everyman has his own personal hell.

Or Silent Hill

• Like 4

If we came from stardust, as my friend believes, I want to be stardust again, and to fly around in the heavens seeing the sights there. Imagine the fun!

• Like 5

If we came from stardust, as my friend believes.

He is right! All elements we are made of, and all the stuff around, were produced by stars/Supernovas.

Edited by toast
  • Like 1

Or Silent Hill

I would most likely love it & hate it at the same time being in silent hill. I would become friends with pyramid head before he tears off my flesh.

Or Silent Hill

Actually, I might be a little messed up psychologically that I'd actually find visiting Silent Hill cool.

• Like 1

When I go I would like to be cremated and have my ashes put into some fireworks to be let of at my wake.

When I lost my father I wanted something to believe in an afterlife more than anything. I have found nothing to assure me of an afterlife to this day. I lost him in 2006. I cannot see any reason to believe there is an afterlife, it seems to rely on belief itself. As far as I can tell, this is it, so best we enjoy it to the fullest while we are here.

Actually, I might be a little messed up psychologically that I'd actually find visiting Silent Hill cool.

Well I hope I meet you there. Cause I'm sure that's where I'm going :unsure2:

When I go I would like to be cremated and have my ashes put into some fireworks to be let of at my wake.

When I lost my father I wanted something to believe in an afterlife more than anything. I have found nothing to assure me of an afterlife to this day. I lost him in 2006. I cannot see any reason to believe there is an afterlife, it seems to rely on belief itself. As far as I can tell, this is it, so best we enjoy it to the fullest while we are here.

Don't worry my friend, you really only have four choices.

1) a spirit world that we all return to and meet again.

2) a one time universe.

3) a creator god spirit world where if you don't worship you disappear

4) an infinity of proper time where universes are born and die out, or this one contracts and Rexpands.

2 and 3 are horribly unlikely, which leaves you 1 and 4.

In universe 1 you see your father again on the other side.

In universe 4, the arrangements of matter are finite, and will eventually repeat themselves. You will live your time again with your father. It's a mathematical certainty.

Either way, there is a no doubt in my mind that our relationships are not permanently lost. it's just a time of separation. A chance for love to come full circle.

Take care.

• Like 2

It depends what you do in life.. I've noticed as a medium that there are different places apart from the astral plane and heaven there is a place for people that have done bad aswell.. And probably he'll for murderers ect Ther definetly is a heaven..

Reincarnation!

Technically I don't believe in anything but this always struck me as the most plausible, as far as spiritual systems go.

Reincarnating ain't necessarily such a good thing. As far as I am able to determine (no memories but episodes of deja vu), I was a field worker in the Vietnamese hills living with an older woman but not too old (sister?) and died young and unpleasantly (probably in my teens). I have a pretty good idea where.

If this is our situation, it is an endless walk through life after life, most of them less than ideal.