Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Unknown metals

qxcontinuum

I am just thinking; remembering some ufo sightings back in 70's Including the Roswell one, they were saying many allegedly ufo's remains were made from unknown metals.

Is there such thing really?

Our earth formed from the same universal matter and gas as all other planets or universal solar systems. Earth has been bombarded by meteorites bringing in all the goodies and the rest of rare metals. I will be inclined to believe that all existent metals and substances in universe can be found on earth.

Two questions arises;

1) have we truly discovered all the existent metals on earth and implicitly universal existent everywhere

2) have we truly combined all of them together experimenting the best combinations so to create strong resistant proprieties.

• Like 2

Well there's "unknown to the speaker" and then there's "genuinely unknown to human science".

I seem to recall someone suggesting that the "unknown metal" found at Roswell was something that was still top secret at the time rather then something genuinely alien.

• Like 2

1) have we truly discovered all the existent metals on earth and implicitly universal existent everywhere

I wouldn't expect to find new metals, but new alloys or new forms of ceramic and plastics I can certainly see. We already have ceramics that outperform metals.

2) have we truly combined all of them together experimenting the best combinations so to create strong resistant proprieties.

Despite not being an expert or particularly interested in the field, nope. Every year or s there are improvements being made.

• Like 3

I am just thinking; remembering some ufo sightings back in 70's Including the Roswell one, they were saying many allegedly ufo's remains were made from unknown metals.

Our earth formed from the same universal matter and gas as all other planets or universal solar systems. Earth has been bombarded by meteorites bringing in all the goodies and the rest of rare metals. I will be inclined to believe that all existent metals and substances in universe can be found on earth.

Two questions arises;

Despite all the Alien Metal claims out there, one test will tell you immediately if a metal is not from this world - Isotope ratios. It's how we can tell if a meteorite is really a meteorite.

READ - What Are Isotopes, and Why Should We Care?

"It is, of course, a trifle, but there is nothing so important as trifles."

-- Sherlock Holmes

• Like 1

Yeah, I remember back in the seventies and eighties everyone was talking about finding some unknown and exotic material to prove it was extraterrestrial. When I pointed out that the periodic table of elements wasn't limited to earth to this one fellow it was like telling a child there was no Santa.

Despite all the Alien Metal claims out there, one test will tell you immediately if a metal is not from this world - Isotope ratios. It's how we can tell if a meteorite is really a meteorite.

READ - What Are Isotopes, and Why Should We Care?

"It is, of course, a trifle, but there is nothing so important as trifles."

-- Sherlock Holmes

I get what you're saying but doesn't the whole isotropic thing change once materials are refined?

• Like 1

All sorts of new, exotic materials, metallic and otherwise are conceivable. Given a sufficiently advanced technology, these could be built up on the the molecular or even the atomic level. It could then be possible to specify the inclusion and location of various kinds of molecules or atoms within a material, allowing heretofore unexpected properties.

Conventional refining methods do not change the isotopic ratios of elements.

Two questions arises;

The most impressive material I have seen is Krell metal.

Here is a demonstration. The results of the test were written up in a peer reviewed journal. I'll find the link for that later:

[media=]

[/media] Edited by zoser
  • Like 1

Two questions arises;

Roswell featured metalized plastic film which at the time was a very new material and not known outside of certain segments of the defense industry. It was used to create the lightweight RADAR targets carried in the balloon trains used in Project Mogul. It resembled aluminum foil but retained its shape when bent. That would have been totally unexpected by a casual observer at the time.

There are only so many possible metals as elements so it is not likely there are really any "unknown" metals. There may be alloys we have not made and manufacturing processes we have not imagined but the underlying atoms are the same here, Andromeda, or anywhere in the Universe.

If it had been anyone else posting that Krell metal stuff I would have known it was a joke,... but with this clown, based on his previous record, you never know.

• Like 1

Roswell featured metalized plastic film which at the time was a very new material and not known outside of certain segments of the defense industry. It was used to create the lightweight RADAR targets carried in the balloon trains used in Project Mogul. It resembled aluminum foil but retained its shape when bent. That would have been totally unexpected by a casual observer at the time.

There are only so many possible metals as elements so it is not likely there are really any "unknown" metals. There may be alloys we have not made and manufacturing processes we have not imagined but the underlying atoms are the same here, Andromeda, or anywhere in the Universe.

If 'metalized plastic film' refers to 'Mylar', a common trade name for BoPET (biaxially oriented polyethylene terephthalate), this was not developed until the mid-1950's. It could not have been involved in the Roswell incident in 1947. Besides this, 'Mylar' can be easily cut and burned, while it was reported that the Roswell material could not be.

http://en.wikipedia..../BoPET#History

Edited by bison

Besides this, 'Mylar' can be easily cut and burned, while it was reported that the Roswell material could not be.

Reported by whom?

as I keep asking...how can a metal that cant be cut or torn.... end up in pieces in the first place? memory metal?

Did it forget?

• Like 1

as I keep asking...how can a metal that cant be cut or torn.... end up in pieces in the first place? memory metal?

Did it forget?

Depends what how big the pieces were and what they were attached to. Doesn't mean that the original pieces were torn; they just became detached on impact.

When it comes to Roswell I think we should all listen to the eye-witness (Mac Brazel) original report,... that is probably closest to the truth.

Edited by Hazzard

If 'metalized plastic film' refers to 'Mylar', a common trade name for BoPET (biaxially oriented polyethylene terephthalate), this was not developed until the mid-1950's. It could not have been involved in the Roswell incident in 1947. Besides this, 'Mylar' can be easily cut and burned, while it was reported that the Roswell material could not be.

http://en.wikipedia...../BoPET#History

I have used the name Mylar indiscriminately here so I may have confused things. You are totally correct about the introduction of Mylar but before Mylar (the commercial product) there were metalized sheets of nitrocellulose and acrylic. These were made in the 40's and used in the war effort. There were no commercial uses for such material at the time so the idea sat until the 50's.

When it comes to Roswell I think we should all listen to the eye-witness (Mac Brazel) original report,... that is probably closest to the truth.

You mean the one that described a long line of balloons and balsa wood tangled in thin rope? The one devoid of smoking wreckage and alien bodies? I'm afraid that one is just not very entertaining Haz.

• Like 4

Pretty much everything is unknown if you're a moron.

Point well taken RM.

• Like 1

Pretty much everything is unknown if you're a moron.

The blokes at Roswell weren't morons, they were farmers so stuff like Mylar? Totally off their world (if you get my drift) same as (say) carbon nanotubes would be for someone from the 80s.

• Like 1

Where do you have seen this and when? If you saw it on YT, you didn´t have seen it.

• Like 1

Here is a demonstration. The results of the test were written up in a peer reviewed journal. I'll find the link for that later:

[media=]

[/media]

hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Well played Zoser, well played!

• Like 1

I get what you're saying but doesn't the whole isotropic thing change once materials are refined?

Bison already answered, however, I would add that alien refining method may produce something even more unrecognisable. Perhaps under different conditions, things like smelting may be done in an entirely different fashion than our own processes. Heat can be generated in many ways, maybe even some we have not thought of yet, but that's starting to just run wild. With what we know, we should be able to recognise something if it is not from this planet. And I doubt it will look like a piece of scrap. Never seem to find an alien resistor, or a handle or something, always some misshapen piece of "something".

I find that the biggest red flag personally, not an alien candy bar wrapper, just something that looks like someone poured molten aluminium on the ground.