Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

C-section on 'heavily pregnant' but no baby

seeder

Doctors perform emergency C-section on 41-week pregnant woman… only to discover her womb was empty all along

* Woman, 37, had visited midwives since the beginning of pregnancy

* Arrived at hospital with large belly, 'sharp pains' and proof of pre-natal treatment

* Doctors rushed her for caesarean when unable to detect baby's heartbeat

* Her husband, 23, said it is her second baby-less pregnancy

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2525278/Doctors-perform-emergency-C-section-woman-womb.html#ixzz2nltE56ss

Ive heard about these phantom pregnancies before...

• Like 1

I remember when I was a teenager there was a girl who went full term 'pregnancy' and delivered nothing.

I should point out that she did not have a dr during this so called pregnancy and showed up at the hospital in labour.

• Like 2

Possibly our 'space brothers' teleported the baby out of the womb prior to the c-section, to perform insidious experiments on humans?

• Like 2

She reportedly arrived at the town's women's hospital with a large belly and proof of her pre-natal treatment, which showed she was 41 weeks' pregnant.

If she had proof of her pre-natal treatment they must have heard the baby's heartbeat, and would have been able to see her baby on a scan. I can't imagine what kind of pre-natal treatment she had otherwise. The whole story is too weird to be true.

• Like 3

Tis is the second time she has done this, last time she did not show her husband the death certificate as it was a phantom opregnacy too.

These problems here are phycological, I feel sorry for the poor old husbands....if they were hoping for a child.

The photo of L santos does not nessesarilly look as if she is pregnant, I have seen far fatter tummies than that, its called a beer gut.

• Like 2

If she had proof of her pre-natal treatment they must have heard the baby's heartbeat, and would have been able to see her baby on a scan. I can't imagine what kind of pre-natal treatment she had otherwise. The whole story is too weird to be true.

Aye.

How can you pretend to have two heart beats? Fantasy lady meets incompetent health professionals?

• Like 2

So bizarre! I understand the whole concept of phantom pregnancy but during check ups, heart beats are checked (baby heart beat is much faster than an adults, if they were mistaking the mums heartbeat for baby they would have probably send her to hospital as it would be too slow), fundal height is measured and in later stages the midwife measures head to rump and determines the position of the baby.

I'm really baffled as to how it could happen.

• Like 1

Despite the existence of positive medical proof that she is not pregnant, the woman suffering from a phantom pregnancy may remain convinced of her pregnancy for some time, which is one of the reasons why follow-up counselling may have to be arranged for her.

http://www.dailymail...l#ixzz2nltE56ss

Very weird to be true indeed.

It seems that what may have been taken as proof for the pregnancy was infact appointment confirmations for follow up counselling and this woman would have been pretty convincing to those who saw this that she was infact pregnant and ....there is the proof on paper. it would be interesting to see what the follow up councelling said and if she could actually use those appointments, with a bit of doctoring, as proof of a pregnancy.

The whole pregnancy thing was not true, doctors were not mistaken, it would not have been difficult for her to convince those who did not need to do scans or needed to see the scans that she was pregnant, eg: some of the midwives and her husband.

We see here in this country how easy it is for people to fool social services and even doctors, in some parts of Brazil I doubt it would be any different..

Edited by freetoroam

Wait she has proof of having seen midwives and stuff before term. Where are the ultrasound pictures or other evidence there was a baby. Phantom pregnancies do occur but in this day and age they are usually caught early and treatment given. The other thing that can happen is ovarian cysts that grow so big it looks like a pregnancy. Then of course there is cancer that can also make it seem pregnancy has occurred.