Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Poll: Obama's rating at all-time LOW!

joc

President Barack Obama is ending his fifth year in office with the lowest approval ratings at this point in the presidency since President Richard Nixon, according to a new Washington Post/ABC poll released Tuesday.

Obama's approval rating in the poll stands at 43%. By comparison, President George W. Bush had a 47% approval rating at the end of the fifth year of his presidency. And all other Post-World War II presidents had approval ratings above 50% — with the exception of Nixon, who, amid the Watergate scandal, had a dreadful 29% approval rating.

LINK

obamanixon_zps5d8d2717.jpg

....after all the Media has done to try to HELP this guy...he is still a huge FAIL...

• Like 3

He's probably feeling martyred - poor baby.

• Like 2

Did you check out that picture? Is that great or what! That pic is from the site I linked too. If you consider that Nixon was on the front page of every newspaper and TV news story all through WaterGate....branded he was! And Bush...demonized beyond belief...relentless...The Press never took a day off from attempting to destroy him...then look at YoMama...dude, the Press has done nothing but carry his water for him the whole way...if they had demonized Obama the way they did Bush...his numbers would be in the single digits!

• Like 3

History will be the judge.

History is already judging the guy. As a FAILure.

• Like 1

I'm a bit suspicious of polls done by News agencies, Gallup has a similar average, though notes that it puts him on par with Bush at the same point in his second term.

http://www.gallup.co...b-approval.aspx

They Demonized Bush every single day...gotta compare apples to bad pears.

• Like 1

Did you check out that picture? Is that great or what!...

No, I didn't. That was a failure as far as I can see.

History is already judging the guy. As a FAILure.

No, you're judging the guy.

No, you're judging the guy.

Damn right! :gun:

• Like 2

They Demonized Bush every single day...gotta compare apples to bad pears.

Well by comparison Bush started two wars that were pointless and drove the country into a recession.

Obama has seen the close of one of those wars while overseeing an expansion of the policies Bush put into place.

He has also had a congress incredibly at odds with his presidency, and there has been much done by the largest media agency in the country, Fox, to demonize him as well.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a fan of him much at all, though I am glad someone is at least attempting health care reform here. He has done little that actually makes him different than Bush, and his handling of Snowden and Manning are simply abhorrent.

As far as drone strike are concerned, I don't see that there would have been much of a difference in policy use if they'd been as reliable a technology during Bush's turn in office.

• Like 2

Damn right! :gun:

I may not see eye to eye with you at times, but I respect your earnestness. :)

• Like 1

I may not see eye to eye with you at times, but I respect your earnestness. :)

Thanks. :blush: Hopefully at some point, you will climb upon the stool of knowledge that I am importing unto you, at which point you will be able to see eye to eye with me...we can only hope... :clap::w00t:

Since we seem to be all fat and happy on the polls the moment they turn ugly, that'll motivate Obama to do even more stupid things to try to restore his Prez cred, e.g. Monica Lewinsky --> Aspirin Factory. Thanks for that. And the question becomes "How will Obama look?" instead of "What about the future of the country?"

• Like 3

Imagine being 16 again (or your current age) and going to have some breakfast or what not in a coffee shop with a few good friends... Then all of the sudden you're bursted into flames, you and your friend's bodies are nothing more than ash. Completely incinerated. As to why "President" Obama had a 16yrs boy slaughtered via Drone Strike, I don't know, but I suspect it's because him and his administration feared only what the child may have become (following the assassination via Drone Strike of his father, another U.S. citizen, commanded by Obama). I have a hard time accepting this monster as our nation's president. /=

Edited by Collateral Damage
  • Like 2

Since we seem to be all fat and happy on the polls the moment they turn ugly, that'll motivate Obama to do even more stupid things to try to restore his Prez cred, e.g. Monica Lewinsky --> Aspirin Factory. Thanks for that. And the question becomes "How will Obama look?" instead of "What about the future of the country?"

I don't know what that means but since O came to town...it's been nothing except How should he look...What about the future of the country has never even been asked...maybe by you and me...not by the Washington Party.

• Like 1

I don't know what that means but since O came to town...it's been nothing except How should he look...What about the future of the country has never even been asked...maybe by you and me...not by the Washington Party.

Bush initiated terrible and dangerous new precedents that Obama has participated in and in some cases escalated. Czars, stimulus checks, bailouts, Ben Bernanke, and the continuation in the violence of bombing people who never attacked us.

• Like 2

Bush initiated terrible and dangerous new precedents that Obama has participated in and in some cases escalated. Czars, stimulus checks, bailouts, Ben Bernanke, and the continuation in the violence of bombing people who never attacked us.

Nhn. "The New Normal."

S'why I've been voting libertarian.

Edited by ShadowSot
  • Like 5

Imagine being 16 again (or your current age) and going to have some breakfast or what not in a coffee shop with a few good friends... Then all of the sudden you're bursted into flames, you and your friend's bodies are nothing more than ash. Completely incinerated. As to why "President" Obama had a 16yrs boy slaughtered via Drone Strike, I don't know, but I suspect it's because him and his administration feared only what the child may have become (following the assassination via Drone Strike of his father, another U.S. citizen, commanded by Obama). I have a hard time accepting this monster as our nation's president. /=

Yet nobody is upset of the million or so innocent civilians killed in the Iraq and Afghanistan wars. Not blaming Bush, but it's kinda ridiculous to cherry pick things and blame it all on Obama. (Stop watching Fox News, it helps!)

Edited by andy4
  • Like 2

Yet nobody is upset of the million or so innocent civilians killed in the Iraq and Afghanistan wars. Not blaming Bush, but it's kinda ridiculous to cherry pick things and blame it all on Obama. (Stop watching Fox News, it helps!)

and how many times over did the US bomb citizens over the years, and how many presidents, it seems people have short term memories

• Like 3

and how many times over did the US bomb citizens over the years, and how many presidents, it seems people have short term memories

I agree, and that's exactly my point. When mass civilian killings like the numbers I stated are put forth, no one cares because they are just statistics, and hold no relevant personal value, and it's personally unrelatable to most everyone. But when it's a 16 year old boy with a backstory and Obama's the president, suddenly it's always Obamas fault. Let's see, a million innocent killed between the two wars, (think the entire population of Delaware or Montana) that's alot. Those are innocent people, remember that. Bet you any amount of money at least 5,000 of those killed were at least 16 and under. Why doesn't anybody care about those numbers? No politics here, Im just really curious as to why those numbers don't matter to some.

• Like 1

Did you really just accuse me of neglecting the death of innocent children, women, and men? If so, you haven't the slightest clue about me and should reevaluate your judgment. Also, who the **** ever said I watch Fox News? I don't watch any news channel, if you must know, so... Sorry to burst your little bubble, bud!

@The New Richard Nixon:

If you truly believe your nation to be innocent, you're pretty foolish.

Edited by Collateral Damage
  • Like 2

Did you really just accuse me of neglecting the death of innocent children, women, and men? If so, you haven't the slightest clue about me and should reevaluate your judgment. Also, who the **** ever said I watch Fox News? I don't watch any news channel, if you must know, so... Sorry to burst your little bubble, bud!

@The New Richard Nixon:

If you truly believe your nation to be innocent, you're pretty foolish.

No I did not, and apologize if it came off that way. It's just that you called him a monster for a drone strike and meanwhile, millions have died at many presidents hands, and it's not all the "monster" Obamas fault. You seem to have anti Obama views for this one incident, all the while neglecting the million who died in the last 10 or so years.

• Like 1

There is absolutely no consistency in this poll:

• "Twenty-four percent approve of how congressional Republicans are doing their jobs; 73% disapprove." From the OP Link

I would like to see the demographic spread of this poll, because the results are self - contradictory, and the Republicans come out MUCH worse than the Democrats

I call "Foul" on this Poll

Edited by keithisco