Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What makes us different to Neanderthals ?

UM-Bot

Scientists have come up with a list of the genes that distinguish us from our prehistoric cousins.

Humans may be the dominant species on the planet today, but thousands of years ago our ancestors shared the Earth with the Neanderthals, a species very similar to modern humans but that would ultimately die out despite being very close to us both physically and intellectually.

Read More: http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/259632/what-makes-us-different-from-neanderthals

• Like 1

The Neanderthal face reconstruction looks like a cross between Robert Di Niro and Gerard Depardieu - with a bit more hair, of course!

• Like 1

These genetic exchanges were likely a positive event in evolutionary history as there was likely a high degree of parental consanguinity, or inbreeding, and subsequently higher prevalence of mental retardation and metabolic defects in the smaller more isolated tribes.

• Like 1

HUH! I have met many a Neanderthal man in my time!

Ok the features may have changed, but inside they are still wearing the same genes.

• Like 2

Looks pretty normal to me, a rugged he-man type.

• Like 1

HUH! I have met many a Neanderthal man in my time!

Ok the features may have changed, but inside they are still wearing the same genes.

I hear some are doing quite well in Congress.

• Like 3