Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Depression? Insomnia? Insanity?

shadowghost

Are you telling me to do that?

Thanks for the question; no, I "tell" no one to do anything, but I sure like Hell recommend it.

Thanks for the question; no, I "tell" no one to do anything, but I sure like Hell recommend it.

I meant are your asking me to d that but cool and thanks I'll check it out.

Edited by JM91

• 8 months later...

Basically to put it simple I have been in the wrong place at the wrong time for quiet some time now. I am not only anti social but I am not socially accepted where I live. People avoid me and I have minimal human interaction. Now all this is not the issue. The issues is I have become technically depressed. Now this is not major but as of late I have had terrible insomnia and what seems to cause it is anger. I find myself laying their and start thinking before I know it I am terrible angry about things that have happened or continue to happen around me. It works me up to the point where my heart is beating heavily in the dead of night. My question is dose anyone have any idea of a solution or a reason this may be occurring?

So it's funny to me that I read this today as this is a situation similar to that of which I have been facing recently. I've been a recluse, short tempered, filled with anxiety and unable to sleep at night due to my mind and heart racing. This however isn't something new to me as I've been faced with depression, anxiety and insomnia for many years, unfortunately no prescriptions have been able to offer any long term fix, only short term fix followed by even worse symptoms. The advice that I have to offer is based on personal experience and may not work for you but anything is worth a try once, starting yesterday I went back to my trusty method of ridding myself of the insomnia and anxiety, the depression is still a constant battle and probably always will be.

I have no idea what your eating or sleeping habits are, what I can tell you is mine weren't that great, so the first thing I did was get rid of all the junk food/garbage that I was eating before and began incorporating fruits/vegetables/proteins. Not only did this boost

my energy, it also helped with my mood throughout the day. I've also incorporated an excercise routine in the morning and after work to burn some energy and relieve frustration, you wouldn't beleive how much it helps with clearing your mind. This diet change and exercise actually leave my body feeling tired at night, now my insomnia doesn't stem from my body it stems from my mind, so I've also purchased a cheap OTC sleep aid to assist me with sleep. So far it has helped tremendously, the last two nights I've had more sleep that the prior week combined.

Like others have mentioned it wouldn't hurt to go see a MD as there may be something that can offer you that will help. I hope I was able to offer you some kind of insight from a fellow sufferer of depression, anxiety and insomnia. I wish you the best of luck in your endeavors!

Ah, I almost forgot! While going to sleep I've been putting on music that I find relaxing to help me drift, lately it's been some Billie Holiday (I'm an old soul in a young body) to help me go down. I find that if I put on any kind of music that is too stimulating I won't actually get to sleep.

Edited by CuriousRey
  • Like 1

Basically to put it simple I have been in the wrong place at the wrong time for quiet some time now. I am not only anti social but I am not socially accepted where I live. People avoid me and I have minimal human interaction. Now all this is not the issue. The issues is I have become technically depressed. Now this is not major but as of late I have had terrible insomnia and what seems to cause it is anger. I find myself laying their and start thinking before I know it I am terrible angry about things that have happened or continue to happen around me. It works me up to the point where my heart is beating heavily in the dead of night. My question is dose anyone have any idea of a solution or a reason this may be occurring?

Are one or both of your parents frequently abusive, negative and critical of you?

If they are it causes the following problems:

1. Friends - You end up with some funny ideas over what normal ways to relate and communicate with other people are reducing the number of friends you make.

2. Bullying - Not relating and communicating to people properly makes them bully you because they resent how you are towards them.

3. Image - The parental abuse gives you a negative identidy draining away your confidence and self-esteem.

4. Projection - You project your issues onto people you come into contact with making them resent you.

5. Obsessive - Frequent parental abuse sets up thought loops in your mind which frequently occur. This makes you very susceptable to emotional problems. This obsession is known to cause everything from panic attacks to depression.

If the answer is yes then the first step is to realise you haven't been through normal psychological development because of your parents. The second step is to realise your parents havent either (their grandparents were probably to them how they are to you). The third step is you have to find out what normal ways of thinking are as well as ways of relating and communicating with other people.

A psychologist can do that by putting you into group therapy where each patient discusses their unique problem with the group. The group then shows the person their own ways of thinking so you get to see what normal is. The other way is to put yourself around normal people and figure out how they differ from you so you can adjust your ways of thinking.

I hope that helps.

Edited by RabidMongoose
  • Like 1

I don't think it is possible to be a perfect parent, and do what is right all the time -- children are complicated. Still, damn it, we can try.

• Like 3