Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Christmas dinner of roadkill and dumpsters

Still Waters

A dinner of roadkill, a full Christmas spread salvaged from dustbins, and a side order of sprouts that are a year old - some people will go to no limits to cut Christmas costs, it seems.

http://www.dailymail...as-dinners.html

• Like 2

When you look at the photos, it is quite appalling the amount of perfectly good food that is being discarded.

I can see how some would resort to reclaiming food that is just fine even if it is beyond the "sell by" date. (which is different from the expiration date).

I mean, one photo showed loads of still green pineapples in the dumpster. What a waste! No wonder there is starvation when affluent and often opulent countries waste food simply because they think they can. Soon they will no longer be able to afford such wastefulness.

There are already way too many people who must resort to scavenging from dumpsters just to get food because of an economy that is flat on its back.

• Like 3

So true. When our society reaches a point where we either stumble into war or economic collapse there will be time enough for digging through garbage. I think major cities should REQUIRE that all restaurants and food stores discard their unsalable goods into a clean storage for food banks to distribute to the needy. The needy, then, should sign a pledge not to sue those trying to help them if they get a "bad" meal. One day we will look back in horror at the waste.

• Like 1

So true. When our society reaches a point where we either stumble into war or economic collapse there will be time enough for digging through garbage. I think major cities should REQUIRE that all restaurants and food stores discard their unsalable goods into a clean storage for food banks to distribute to the needy. The needy, then, should sign a pledge not to sue those trying to help them if they get a "bad" meal. One day we will look back in horror at the waste.

When they cut foodstamps more people will be digging through dumpsters

I ate roadkill once.I saw a guy hit a Deer with his truck.I waited with the guy till a policeman showed up to take the report.I requested a Deer tag.I tagged the Deer, and took the Dead Deer home.

I ate roadkill once.I saw a guy hit a Deer with his truck.I waited with the guy till a policeman showed up to take the report.I requested a Deer tag.I tagged the Deer, and took the Dead Deer home.

I remember reading recently that Montana (I think) was passing a law so that police could harvest such kills for community food banks. No reason not to as long as it's processed in a few hours - especially in a Montana winter!