Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The moral decay and what role the media plays

Arkitecht

It's always nice to be informed on who is the people running the shows we watch.And knowing the amount of influence they have.They do have an agenda.Making money.Big surprise i know.But having a little insight on how they will bend for one group or another in order to keep the money coming in.But what kind of message are they really sending?And for what reason...MONEY.As usual.The root of all Evil.

• Like 1

Prostitution Unlikely to be Legalised in Canada despite Supreme Court Ruling in its Favour

By Sounak Mukhopadhyay | December 23, 2013 5:15 PM EST

Sex workers in Canada may have felt happy after the Supreme Court's ruling in favour of the trade that prostitution is finally going to be legalised in the country; however, the possibilities may still be bleak.

Even though prostitution is not against the law in the country, several activities which become a part of this profession are considered as severe criminal offences which include operating brothels. The Supreme Court is going to make a decision whether prostitution will remain legal in the country or otherwise. It may additionally offer an alternative as well.

There are around 350 massage parlours in Montreal while there are several others in the suburb areas. Other Canadian cities have already initiated in cracking them down, Global News reports. Toronto has earlier introduced one bylaw which distinguishes between erotic massage parlours and actual ones. Calgary authorities shut down a massage parlour in October after there was a police raid which proved that the parlour was offering prostitution.

Holiday Season gift coupons ?

~

Edited by third_eye

The author of the video needs some laxatives.

Here's a better film on the history of Hollywood. It's the story of Jewish immigrants trying to redefine themselves and America. Note: this is not some anti-Semitic screed, it's a documentary made by Simcha Jacobovici, a Jewish director who frequently makes films shown on the History channel.

http://www.veoh.com/...6439142GRyZJsPn

THe seekers of Smooth things ...

~

For a couple years now I gave up whole lot of TV, and I just watch a select few programs of my favs.I can honestly say my thinking is smoother.I urge everyone to do the same, and check what your kids (even if you don't have any) are watching on the Disney Channel.....Give it a real good scrutiny instead of letting them watch it while you do other things in another room...SERIOUS!

• Like 5

yerps .. the Disney Channel has gone off on a bent it did ...

yerps .. the Disney Channel has gone off on a bent it did ...

I know of parents that let there kids watch that channel.I tell them to watch it themselves, but that's all I can do.The kids just stare at it, and they are better off watching garbage trucks getting unloaded at a landfill.

• Like 1

Now Disney has got their grubby slimey hands on LucasArts .... ahhhh ... that's the end of the Star Wars saga I guess....

• Like 2

Now Disney has got their grubby slimey hands on LucasArts .... ahhhh ... that's the end of the Star Wars saga I guess....

The first three movies will live on atleast.

• Like 1

I remain EXTREMELY cautiously optimistic. After all, Marvel hasn't done to bad.

• Like 1

I dumped my cable and just do on line or from broadcast. I don't even miss the cable. All that was on it was trash anyway. I agree with the guy about them using this non sense to distract people from the important issues. People seem to think it is a free speech issue, but Daffy Duck isn't in jail he was fired. A&E can hire and fire as they please for any reason they want. Actually, good for A&E going for a higher standard. Maybe they well replace it with something better, but I don't think they will, I heard the next season has been filmed and is ready to go. With all this hoopla they are set to make big cash off it.

• Like 4

I remain EXTREMELY cautiously optimistic. After all, Marvel hasn't done to bad.

The TRansformers syndrome my man ... after they run out of the CGI big bangs and booms its all downhill .... my favorite Marvel Studios moment is that all too brief Hulk pummeling Loki to a pulp ... that was worth the price of the ticket :lol:

and Scarlett Black Widow vs Loki interrogation scene ... seldom comic characters gets to play scenes like that ...

my pet peeve is Sam Jackson still doing that Jedi humdrum same run of the mill expressions ... so disappointing ...

~edit - too early in the morning

Edited by third_eye
  • Like 1

TV is trash...i actually feel dumb for watching it...

i only watch really good movies.. or stuff on youtube etc.

Also netflix has a lot of the classic cartoons and shows I love, so I get drunk and eat pizza while watching those.

• Like 3

Looney Tunes FTW. Thing is, when I was a kid watching these shows for the first time my mum was there with me, assuring that no matter how funny it was to see Wile E. Coyote get squished by a boulder or fall down a ravine, it's just a cartoon and that can't happen in real life, so don't think you'll be ok if you jump off the front verandah.

Moral of the story - a TV is not a babysitter, no matter how good and child-relevant it is.

• Like 1