Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Creepy Obamacare Pod Found in Walmart

Arkitecht

These seem to be "solohealth" machines.

This "report" is disingenuous in that it attempts to give the false impression that these machines are somehow a product or agent of the affordable health care act.

Ah, and followed by some nonsense about fluoride.... I'm not too surprised.

You want better control over your health, without having to pay for simple routine checks. The SoloHealth Station is a consumer kiosk that screens your vision, blood pressure, weight, and body mass index, as well as an overall health assessment--free of charge. With a SoloHealth account, you can begin monitoring and managing vital health data from any SoloHealth Station located nationwide, as well as online.

From the solohealth website. https://solohealth.com/

Solohealth doesn't have anything to do with Obamacare. This is a silly attempt to make people feel like obamacare is going to make them replace their doctors with machines.

In reality, and ironic to this videos intention to mislead, this machine is most likely a result of market research that shows quite the opposite... that the kind of people who frequent walmart are finding it harder and harder to afford healthcare, and so this machine sadly tries to fill the niche for people who can't afford to see an actual doctor.

Edited by Neognosis
  • Like 2

There is so much wrong here...i don't know where to even start...Sheeple,line up!

There is nowhere for you to start. Because what I said is true, and the video you posted is intentionally misleading.

• Like 1

I dunno..an inaccurate machine taking vital information and entering it into the system...hmmm.No sir,i don't like it.Should not even exist.Kinda like Obamacare.Shouldn't even exist.

• Like 2

(realized this is in the wrong topic)

Edited by Mentalcase

Ah. Another one of the Alex Jones groupies. Constantly screaming "Sheeple!" They can't think for themselves, so they regurgitate the same tired lines of their pied pipers. Have you ever stopped to ask yourself "Why is it that Alex Jones & others like him choose to make a career out of 'warning' the common folk? Why choose syndicated radio, major publishers, etc., etc.? It almost seems like there's big money in fear mongering."

• Like 4

Ah. Another one of the Alex Jones groupies. Constantly screaming "Sheeple!" They can't think for themselves, so they regurgitate the same tired lines of their pied pipers. Have you ever stopped to ask yourself "Why is it that Alex Jones & others like him choose to make a career out of 'warning' the common folk? Why choose syndicated radio, major publishers, etc., etc.? It almost seems like there's big money in fear mongering."

..It's not about jones...it's about the machines in walmart.

Are you unaware of the source of this video? Have you realized that you spew the exact same propaganda that he spews, nearly word for word. If you don't like the solohealth machines, then you don't like it, but spare us this heap of misinformation. What is this individual's credentials (the one in the video)? Why should I care enough to listen, much less believe, what he has to say? Because, once again, him (& many like him) are spreading the same garbage that the ones who profit from this doom-saying. I think we may have found the real "Sheeple" here

Are you unaware of the source of this video? Have you realized that you spew the exact same propaganda that he spews, nearly word for word. If you don't like the solohealth machines, then you don't like it, but spare us this heap of misinformation. What is this individual's credentials (the one in the video)? Why should I care enough to listen, much less believe, what he has to say? Because, once again, him (& many like him) are spreading the same garbage that the ones who profit from this doom-saying. I think we may have found the real "Sheeple" here

Seen you are a new member.Then i looked up what you have said...in one of your post you stated you had to edit what you had said because you came across as a "Douche"(your words)..Now,im not going to get myself in trouble with someone who is clearly looking to start trouble.Of course i know where i got my video..and i know what your trying to do here.Your off to a bad start.And on a side note,you are obviously not learning from your previous postings.But you do smell as fresh as a summer's eve.Good day sir.

I think we are all waiting for you to apologize for posting a video that falsely ties solohealth and obamacare together, as well as falsely implying that these machines are somehow because of obamacare.

There's a lot of wiggle room for opinion on a forum like this, and that's good. But the video you posted is either woefully misinformed or intentionally misleading.

• Like 2

I think we are all waiting for you to apologize for posting a video that falsely ties solohealth and obamacare together, as well as falsely implying that these machines are somehow because of obamacare.

There's a lot of wiggle room for opinion on a forum like this, and that's good. But the video you posted is either woefully misinformed or intentionally misleading.

There will be no apology.Stop trying so hard to turn this into something it's not.If you don't like the video,oh well.

Seen you are a new member.Then i looked up what you have said...in one of your post you stated you had to edit what you had said because you came across as a "Douche"(your words)..Now,im not going to get myself in trouble with someone who is clearly looking to start trouble.Of course i know where i got my video..and i know what your trying to do here.Your off to a bad start.And on a side note,you are obviously not learning from your previous postings.But you do smell as fresh as a summer's eve.Good day sir.

The classic "NEWB!" response. Always an original thought on the web. You post something so obviously ripe with falsehoods & proceed to call it interesting. Then when someone else says that it isn't & explains why they feel that way, you resort to "Newb!" & then resort to recitation of a post that has no bearing here. Kudos! You've made an excellent point here.

Edit:grammar

Edited by DumpsterJesus
  • Like 1

..It's not about jones...it's about the machines in walmart.

Those machines have been at supermarkets and drug stores since I was a kid, though, and I'm 30 now.

• Like 3

Those machines have been at supermarkets and drug stores since I was a kid, though, and I'm 30 now.

I've noticed conspiracy theorists have this problem.
  • Like 2

Stop trying so hard to turn this into something it's not.

I'm not trying to turn this into anything. It IS a video that makes false claims and supplies no evidence or even a source. And then you posted it, and you refuse to admit that it tells falsehoods.

If you don't like the video,oh well.

It's not a question of whether I like it or not. It is patently false.

Your claiming that I don't like it gives the impression that there is a question of opinion at play here, which there is not. The video is patently false.

If you can show anything to support the ideas in the video, then please do so. But at this point, there is absolutely no link between solohealth and the affordable care act. The Solohealth machines are not the cause of, or result of, the affordable care act. They do not collect information for the affordable care act, they are not placed or maintained by any government agency.

If you understood what you are talking about, you would see that if the affordable care act is successful, these machines will not have a market any longer.

• Like 1

I'm not trying to turn this into anything. It IS a video that makes false claims and supplies no evidence or even a source. And then you posted it, and you refuse to admit that it tells falsehoods.

It's not a question of whether I like it or not. It is patently false.

Your claiming that I don't like it gives the impression that there is a question of opinion at play here, which there is not. The video is patently false.

If you can show anything to support the ideas in the video, then please do so. But at this point, there is absolutely no link between solohealth and the affordable care act. The Solohealth machines are not the cause of, or result of, the affordable care act. They do not collect information for the affordable care act, they are not placed or maintained by any government agency.

If you understood what you are talking about, you would see that if the affordable care act is successful, these machines will not have a market any longer.

...Oh i see what you mean now!So if i just agree with what you are saying,you will stop harassing me into apologizing for something i shouldn't have to apologize for...NO.

...Oh i see what you mean now!So if i just agree with what you are saying,you will stop harassing me into apologizing for something i shouldn't have to apologize for...NO.

So what you are saying is you have no evidnece that supports the claims in the video, which as other posters have indicated has nothing at all to do with Obamacare and involves a device that has been in use no doubt longer than you've been alive?
  • Like 2

So what you are saying is you have no evidnece that supports the claims in the video, which as other posters have indicated has nothing at all to do with Obamacare and involves a device that has been in use no doubt longer than you've been alive?

The machine in wich you refer to uses new technology like biometrics to give a body mass index reading and is inaccurate.And it even use's retnal scanning.(wich the reporter chose not to use) His body mass index said he was obese,(yet he is not clearly) and is at risk for hypertension. All false.As he stated.And no,i nor anyone else i know of seen machines that did all that 30 years ago ...
  • Like 1

The machine in wich you refer to uses new technology like biometrics to give a body mass index reading and is inaccurate.And it even use's retnal scanning.(wich the reporter chose not to use) His body mass index said he was obese,(yet he is not clearly) and is at risk for hypertension. All false.As he stated.And no,i nor anyone else i know of seen machines that did all that 30 years ago ...

These exact ones? No, but they've been around for decades and are pretty well known to be inaccurate.

Here's one of the retailers.

Well that is what i have been saying...they are inaccurate. That is what my whole point was...Wow.

Well... yeah. Everyone has known they are inaccurate. They even say on the outside that they are not meant to reliably track health. And they have no relation to Obamacare. So what's your point in posting the scare vid?

Well... yeah. Everyone has known they are inaccurate. They even say on the outside that they are not meant to reliably track health. And they have no relation to Obamacare. So what's your point in posting the scare vid?

No relation to Obamacare?!?The kiosk introduced itself as a obamacare kiosk!!!You even watch the video at all???Go rewatch the video..take five min.You might be surprised at what you missed..EVERYTHING!
  • Like 1

No relation to Obamacare?!?The kiosk introduced itself as a obamacare kiosk!!!You even watch the video at all???Go rewatch the video..take five min.You might be surprised at what you missed..EVERYTHING!

Ah, I missed that. My mistake.

And I checked a more... objective source for information about the booth.

In-store health kiosks could make Obamacare understandable

So what's happened is, as part of a contract SoloHealth now has a advertisement for Obamacare that runs on the machine, and it's on the list ofhealthinsurances you can sign up for through it.

In an announcement yesterday during Health 2.0, SoloHealth revealed yet another strategic partner with a foothold in the private sector. EHealth Inc., the parent company of eHealthInsurance, will make its plan selection and comparison tools available on SoloHealth kiosks in selected geographies.

Im so very glad that you all can now see from beginning to end,what i was saying was being totally ignored.AND IF ANYONE SHOULD BE GETTING AN APOLOGY IT SHOULD BE ME.Thank you for the headache.Wow..Einstein was so right.

• Like 1