Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Still Waters

Prisoners Won't Receive Parcels This Xmas

7 posts in this topic

Convicted prisoners will not be able to receive parcels from their loved ones this Christmas under new rules introduced by the Government.

The rules forbid prisoners from receiving any items in the post unless there are "exceptional circumstances".

The new measures were introduced in November, meaning this is the first Christmas for which the new rules will be in effect.

http://news.sky.com/...-this-christmas

Awwww........

1 person likes this

I could understand that for criminals guilty of violent crimes, white collar guys should still get them I think though.

I think it should depend on the severity of the crime. People do get out of jail, ya know, and it might help for them to feel like their family is there for them and still loves them. Not that you need Christmas gifts for that, but it helps.

I think there'll be complaints about "cruel and unusual punishments" being made here, probably with a dose of "my human rights are being violated".

my heart bleeds for them !!!

There is something in what Purplos has said. There would be a significant percentage of the prison population who turned to crime through feelings of alienation from general society. In a season of goodwill, forgiveness and generosity of spirit to further disenfranchise them when they have already received their sentence of incarceration and are working through it is mean spirited and the ultimate in scrooge behaviour on the part of the jailers. Let them have their gifts and a hint of what christmas means to so many, family, love and goodwill. When they are released they have a better chance of not re-offending if they do not feel permanently disenfranchised and alienated from the goodwill of their society.