Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Passenger Jet and ufo

Spacenut56

Sorry, but you didn't addressed issue of small balloons that can overinflate without bursting and can fly at 30000+ feet, nor did you addressed possible visual limitations of witnesses.

The idea that large balloons (blimps) are floating around in British air space in numbers (to account for these pilot sightings) close to the worlds busiest airports is something that I find very difficult. I haven't seen any and I strongly suspect it's just another fallacy based more in wishful thinking than in fact.

BTW, do pilots perceive Moon on the horizon to be of the same size as in zenith? Simple question. And your simple answer (of one word) is?... (Yes, or No)

Sounds like another irrelevancy but I'll give you the benefit. Do tell.

Airline pilot Captain Jim Courant gave testimony at the Citizen Hearing on Disclosure, a week-long hearing on unidentified flying objects and encounters with extraterrestrial life, before six former members of Congress at the National Press Club Friday, May 3, 2013. (Shar Adams/Epoch Times)

Courant was flying a commercial plane near Albuquerque, New Mexico, in 1995, when he saw a blue-green oval shape approaching.

Courant, who has now been flying for more than 30 years, described the experience at the National Press Club in Washington, D.C., on May 3: “In a flash of burning white light, the object suddenly shot up at a 45 degree angle.”

Four other pilots reported the object to the air traffic control tower.

Read More.......

http://www.ufocasebo...s-see-ufos.html

Nothing incredible about this kind of thing.

Doubtful it was a blimp. Then again it could be a UFO. These cases are far more common than one realises.

Edited by zoser

Capt. Richard Case, American Airlines, who with other pilots saw a large, oval-shaped object flash past his airliner over Indianapolis in 1952: "It was a controlled craft of some sort, going three times faster than we were."

http://www.nicap.org...o/appendixc.htm

Blimps don't fly that fast.

:blush:

Edited by zoser

Swerve in action...quick switch of subjects... BORING :td:

Swerve in action...quick switch of subjects... BORING :td:

Swerving not required.

Blimps not required either.

A Texas commercial pilot reports watching silver-white, egg-shaped objects in the sky over Tomball two days in a row, according to testimony from the Mutual UFO Network (MUFON) witness reporting database.

http://www.examiner.com/article/texas-commercial-pilot-reports-multiple-egg-shaped-ufos-moving-formation

url-1.jpg

Ya I kind of figured he is the type of closed minded person to try to brush off any rational explanation in favor of of his little green men theory when he showed that the pilot described the object as the shape of a rugby ball, with a metallic color, and I posted an airship that was the shape of a rugby ball, with a metallic color, and he "wasn't convinced" lol.

It's almost as if he lives in a whole other reality from the rest of us. It's scary in a way.

don't feed the trolls
  • Like 1

The idea that large balloons (blimps) are floating around in British air space in numbers (to account for these pilot sightings) close to the worlds busiest airports is something that I find very difficult. I haven't seen any and I strongly suspect it's just another fallacy based more in wishful thinking than in fact.

[...]

Who talks about large balloons? Amerix just gave you an example of what could have happened. In this case you don't have to have large balloon. Small balloon and short observation time = UFO.

[...]

Sounds like another irrelevancy but I'll give you the benefit. Do tell.

I asked simple question, don't avoid to answer. Lets try again: Yes, No. Pick one.

Probably many/most pilot ufo sightings go unreported, or they are wary. Not too hard to see why sadly.

Edited by Spacenut56
  • Like 1

Probably many/most pilot ufo sightings go unreported, or they are wary. Not too hard to see why sadly.

Much more likely most pilots have zero sightings.....or is it all a big cover up? Some pilots report a blurry out of sight thingy for a millisecond...but...the real juicy sightings - with portholes and aliens waving dont get reported? Come on mate

Too many "probably" stamp here...

As for variety of the reports things, there is nothing strange about it: people differ in all sorts of things. Just try to measure your pride against otners...

Give it time and you'll see zoser bring up the same old tired crap over and over. he's been banging on about PumaPunku for last 4 years, same tales, same images, eventually his threads get closed..In his mind he justifies the reposts for the 'new' readers, you see hes thinking hes doing them a favour by revealing the old ufo stories. Perhaps not realising most people into ufology have seen all these old clips before :lol:

Moreover, he cannot believe the debunks, ufo stories are his life, so by presenting debunks this greatly upsets his intelligence. (!) Inasmuch as when debunks are pointed out he squirms in his seat for the fool hes been made to look. So to try and wriggle out of it he will swerve and insist others prove stuff, and how often does he say 'over to you', or 'this is the challenge'

If only the world was being visited by ufo/ET, if only all the stories were true, Id think it was fantastic, tho after many years

looking into countless UFO tales - I cannot reach that conclusion, but zoser on the other hand, hasnt looked for answers, he is just taken up with each mind blowing :lol: clip he watches, it never occurs to him people fake stuff. 99% of the time in ufology...

And The people that fake the UFO. Sightings

ruin the UFO community

Exactly. As for the pilot in this incident. The question is what did he not say at the inquest that he probably would have wanted to say?

There is hardly a climate of openness in these situations. The more the pity.

Exactly. As for the pilot in this incident. The question is what did he not say at the inquest that he probably would have wanted to say?

There is hardly a climate of openness in these situations. The more the pity.

By all means of respect, but what an idiotic inference, although not exactly unexpected.

So just because a given case doesn't yield the facts you desire, you start making things up. Nothing new there, your imagination is becoming legendary as is your ability to filter out facts that are negating your system of belief.

Sad.

Cheers,

Badeskov

• Like 1

zoser still scraping that barrel and trying to turn an insignificant event into a full blown issue. God - get a life.. this story shouldn't have even lasted a few posts let alone a few pages

Who talks about large balloons? Amerix just gave you an example of what could have happened. In this case you don't have to have large balloon. Small balloon and short observation time = UFO.

I asked simple question, don't avoid to answer. Lets try again: Yes, No. Pick one.

Nope. I don't think an experienced pilot will be scared by a little balloon. Which incidentally the report said would not have been the cause anyway.

Unconvincing as usual.

This however is not unconvincing; neither was it initially on radar!

Edited by zoser

zoser still scraping that barrel and trying to turn an insignificant event into a full blown issue. God - get a life.. this story shouldn't have even lasted a few posts let alone a few pages

Research the subject properly instead of making instant judgements based on wishful thinking.

Nothing you have said about this case has been convincing. Just the same usual dismissive rubbish that treats highly qualified people as idiots.

Yet you presumably fly from time to time with such idiots yes?

By all means of respect, but what an idiotic inference, although not exactly unexpected.

So just because a given case doesn't yield the facts you desire, you start making things up. Nothing new there, your imagination is becoming legendary as is your ability to filter out facts that are negating your system of belief.

Sad.

Cheers,

Badeskov

Do some proper research Mr B. See above.

Too many "probably" stamp here...

As for variety of the reports things, there is nothing strange about it: people differ in all sorts of things. Just try to measure your pride against otners...

Your terrible theories are the most 'probably' of all.

:lol:

Research the subject properly instead of making instant judgements based on wishful thinking.

Nothing you have said about this case has been convincing. Just the same usual dismissive rubbish that treats highly qualified people as idiots.

Yet you presumably fly from time to time with such idiots yes?

Do some proper research Mr B. See above.

I have and your need to invent to bolster your argument speaks for itself.

Cheers,

Badeskov

• Like 1

Cheers,

Badeskov

ha theres not exactly a great deal to research is the Badeskov? :lol: A man sees something out the corner of his eye, admits it happened too fast for him to focus his eyes... and here we are 9 pages later thanks to the manic ramblings of zoser

quote: "“Having very little time to focus, he was under the impression that they were on a collision course with no time to react".

• Like 1

Cheers,

Badeskov

Better than 'panic and let's invent and explanation' syndrome that attributes zero credibility to some of the most highly qualified people in the world.

As I say I'm not convinced anything you have proposed..

Unless you look into things properly, give qualified people the credit they deserve and stop acting like world wide experts in all things then please don't expect to be listened to.

Whether it's pilots, police, air force personnel, members of the public, in your eyes all people are idiots that have anything to report in this field.

That's not acceptable to me and it's about time you all came off this ivory tower arrogance a little.

Try running more options Try looking into more cases. Try understanding people a little; what they have to gain and what they don't have to gain.

But most of all come off it a little. Ask yourselves how much do you really know about this massive subject in all honesty?

Happy new year Mr B.

Edited by zoser

Better than 'panic and let's invent and explanation' syndrome that attributes zero credibility to some of the most highly qualified people in the world.

Unless you look into things properly, give qualified people the credit they deserve and stop acting like world wide experts in all things then please don't expect to be listened to.

Whether it's pilots, police, air force personnel, members of the public, in your eyes all people are idiots that have anything to report in this field.

That's not acceptable to me and it's about time you all came off this ivory tower arrogance a little.

Try running more options Try looking into more cases. Try understanding people a little; what they have to gain and what they don't have to gain.

But most of all come off it a little. Ask yourselves how much do you really know about this massive subject in all honesty?

Happy new year Mr B.

everything you have just written describes your own self perfectly :tu: Why not STOP POSTING just to bait others into a reply to extend an awful thread? I just debunked all the cases on your other thread, which you then abandoned in light of the full facts. Please abandon this one too, there is NOTHING TO DISCUSS... its just another bad ufo story sensationalised by the only tabloid to carry it, the Mirror!

Who must have been having a slow news day and desperate for stories seeing as they posted a VERY similar story months ago, oh which was also an Airbus A320

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/weird-news/ufo-passenger-jet-near-miss-1863545

Edited by seeder
  • Like 1

Happy new year Mr B.

Oh, the irony. I wasn't the one compelled to invent to bolster my position, you were.

And if you by ivory tower mean the one of fact finding and critical thinking, then I will stay instead of entering the world of delusion which you seem to thrive in, thank you.

Cheers,

Badeskov

• Like 2