Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
manda06

Need some help and advice

8 posts in this topic

Hi, I stumbled across this site while searching poltergeist activity. Basically I have lived at my home for over a year with no activity but for the past 4 days it has started out of nowhere. My partner woke at night and said a shadow flew up the stairs towards him and he went very cold and was filled with dread. I of course brushed this off and said he had imagined it. That night my 5 year old son woke up afraid and told me there was a shadow in his room. I checked and all was fine. The following day I started to feel like I was being watched and we had a few lights flicker and objects fall down. Yesterday I was filming my son playing and a white apparition passes the camera. I also had a photo with my partner and one of his eyes on the picture has been replaced with someone else's. By this point I am freaking out but still tried to think of any logical explanation. Then at 4am this morning I had a dream that a man was on my stair landing strangling me. I woke and my partner was already awake and visibly shaken. I asked what was wrong and he said he had heared somebody walking on our landing for the past hour but had checked and nobody was there. I said we must both be very tired and lets turn the lights out and go to sleep. As soon as we did we heard a massive bang like something heavy being thrown into our bed. We checked the room and nothing had been moved and I was wracking my brains still trying to think of a logical explanation for this. I can not for the life of me find one. Does this sound like poltergeist activity or has anyone experienced this before?

Have you recorded any of these experiences?

are you willing to post the video or the picture?

Posted (edited)

Hello, I am a skeptic, not a cynic. The things I am about to write is not insulting your intelligence or I am also telling you that your experience is wrong but i do offer a more practical side of reasoning.

Ok, There is a thing called sleep paralysis and Hypnopmic, both situtations is where you woukd wake up while still in your dreams. The difference from the two is Sleep paralysis is where you would wake up paralyzed and may see or experience things. There are many ways to cause Sleep Paralysis and Hypnomic, Unstable sleep/work hours, eating food before going to bed, high stress or even deep in thought, paranoia and even medication can trigger these events.

I personally suffer from both of these theses since i bottle my emotions and i also work retail and during the holidays which is one of the killers for me. The Worst i had so far was me dreaming there was a bath monster and i needed fresh milk to kill it and i walked down the store and bought the milk and then woke up with only vague memory on what i had done.

Children are notorious copy cats and they can feed off behaviours and emotions from every one around them. They most likely can't fully understand what is going on but it can cause them to act out. if your child heard about the shadow creature, he may copy subconciously and develope a fear for it himself.

My suggestion is look at what has changed between now and then, see what could be the cause, maybe stress from the holidays, weird work hours and try and push your feelings a side on this, you do not want to get paranoid about this and let it effect your relationship with your family.

Edited by Brian Topp
1 person likes this

are you willing to post the video or the picture?

if not, then i think there's no point in continuing to discuss it
2 people like this

Lets see that picture. It seems like some pretty substantial evidence.

topic started 14 days ago

it could be another hit-and-run poster or could be one of those who come back in a few weeks and reply. Funny ole world we live in.
2 people like this