Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

[Merged] $10 Million Dollar Bigfoot Bounty

drpaxton

Interesting, but if I read it right I have to be on the show to win. I can't just show up with a body in the back of my truck and get paid.

• Like 3

Does have that ring to it. However, Animal Planet scored some big ratings with "FB" then the mountain monsters guys scored as well. Apparently if you could figure out how to meld FB and "Duck Dynasty" you'd be the king of TV.

In case you had any hope at all, this should blow it up and bury it for you...

http://www.spike.com...s-on-january-10

I saw Justin Smeja as a team member, I think. And a couple more footers I recognize, but names escape me now.

Fortunately, I didn't see any guns!!!!

Edited by QuiteContrary

I doubt they'll callow them to carry or use guns. I think they might be concerned about negative feedback. Shoot, when I've been out hiking and some other hikers see I have a pistol on my hip they freak out like I'm wearing a sign that reads, "Hi, I'm a serial murderer and you're my next victim." People are such p*ssies now it isn't funny.

All it takes is one vocal whiner and they'll change everything to make them happy.

• Like 2

I think by now we should have learned to dismiss all of these types of shows. Real definitive proof of anything paranormal would not be allowed to sit in "the can" for six months before being shown to the world.

Are you kidding me Rafter?

The entertainment value of these shows will be awesome. Rednecks and "footers" trying to won 10 million?

You know damn well you and I are going to watch it, laugh butts off then post about it.

I think by now we should have learned to dismiss all of these types of shows. Real definitive proof of anything paranormal would not be allowed to sit in "the can" for six months before being shown to the world.

Yeah, but that doesn't stop viewers from hoping for something...

But I don't think I'll even watch this one. Squatch watching is bad enough without all the drama and screaming this show appears to have.

"What is the worst group we could put together for this show? That's who we want."

But I don't think I'll even watch this one. Squatch watching is bad enough without all the drama and screaming this show appears to have.

Liar! You'll watch same as everyone else who's here will, if not on the grand opening night then in re-run after hearing others hear talk about it.

.....I know you Missy! :w00t:

I'll watch it for the same reason I watch the other most exciting shows on TV (golf and fishing shows :tu: ). I am interested in the topic. I do expect a lot of "Wait...did you hear that? That's a squatch!"

It will probably be more realistic than shows like Storage Wars.

My take on the premise is basically Survivor with a Bigfoot theme. I don't watch Survivor, but apparently its very successful.

Oh, I remember hearing about this last year. It looks worst than I imagined it would be.

I'm going to watch the hell out of this though.

Liar! You'll watch same as everyone else who's here will, if not on the grand opening night then in re-run after hearing others hear talk about it.

.....I know you Missy! :w00t:

Haha! Maybe so... :whistle:

but I do avoid reality tv with yelling or arguing on it. Except OCC, I could watch that, with the sound off.

See? I told you would, however I do hold the same opinion you do about reality shows. OCC was about the only one I watched regularly for a couple seasons but I got tired of Sr busting on Jr at every turn while he was building all those super cool bikes and then Mikey who

couldn't pour p*** out of a boot with the instructions on the heel getting away with being total f'up.

The only other one is "Project Runway" I like to see creative minds at work, yeah there's drama there, but you have to expect it when you get that much talent in one place.

Mind you, if they start doing challenges for points or something crazy like that then I'll drop them like a hot rock.

Great... another Bigfoot show. Lemme just sum up the entire series for you folks. There's a fancy intro with some really rocking music followed by people walking around some woods. They talk. They argue. They run aimlessly. They hear "strange howling sounds". They see blobs in infrared. They say "Oh my God! Did you see/hear that?!" They find nothing. You waste your time.

There. I saved you a whole bunch of wasted time. Now you can watch something that is actually entertaining.

• Like 1

Yeah, but your version isn't nearly as entertaining.

Work on that and get back to us.

Are you kidding me Rafter?

The entertainment value of these shows will be awesome. Rednecks and "footers" trying to won 10 million?

You know damn well you and I are going to watch it, laugh butts off then post about it.

Oh sure, I'll watch the first episode.

But I do know that if real proof were ever found - and I mean real honest to goodness proof - that it would never be able to be kept a secret given all of the hands that have to touch the tapes. Not to mention all of the higher ups that have to be informed, etc. These shows don't happen in a vacuum.

Yeah, they find real proof they'll have announce it.

I'm glad that you have to be a contestant on the show to collect the money.

I would really feel a certain way if the woods I backpack in to find a certain degree of solitude were suddenly filled with morons.

My dear fellow, moron abound everywhere. Don't ever get to feeling too safe.

Maybe we need to put our own team together. I can do the crazy old ex-Marine.....only I'll not carry a "kawhoppin'" stick. Dress like cross between Moses and a Neo-Nazis. However, I do shave on a regular basis and that might disqualify me from the team.

• 2 weeks later...

So by now I'm sure we all know about this new show premiering tomorrow (Friday) night on Spike TV.

Initially I was going to give it a pass figuring it was would simply be a cross between Finding Bigfoot and the usual reality TV drama BS, but after listening to the newest episode of Monster Talk where they interview two of the three hosts - Dr. Todd Disotell and Natalia Reagan - I think I'm going to give it a chance. Here's the podcast link with the interview:

http://www.skeptic.com/podcasts/monstertalk/14/01/08/

For those not familiar with them, Dr. Disotell is the "Mohawked" geneticist whose lab is at NYU. He was featured on several episodes of Monstertalk and other such shows. And while I'm not familiar with Natalia Reagan, she is a primate biologist. So it appears that this show is going to have some good science behind it. With one caveat - during the interview, both say that they haven't seen any final product so they don't know how it was edited.

Of particular note, Dr. Disotell built a mobile DNA lab that enables full DNA extraction and analysis on site - something apparently that hasn't been available before. One of the "tasks" that the participants have to perform is capturing blood feeding insects for DNA extraction. This is something that has been used by primate biologists in the past, but never for Bigfoot hunting. I guess Bigfoot might be able to hide from humans, but not from mosquitos - very cool.

It may turn out to be complete crap, but I'm going to give it the benefit of the doubt.

The trailer had too much screaming for my tastes. I don't know if we get Spike, but this is one Foot show I prob won't miss trying.

If it's any good I'm sure it will be repeated ad nauseum and available for viewing online.

I'll see how it reviews on here, the other thread was locked.

I was surprised when I saw Disotell in the trailer. Money for nothing...for everyone...why not?

Did you see Smeja is on a team, too? That sinks it for me. I put him in the same category as Dyer.

I saw one or two other Footers I thought I recognized, have you seen a list of team members yet? I didn't see one on Spike's site.

The trailer had too much screaming for my tastes. I don't know if we get Spike, but this is one Foot show I prob won't miss trying.

If it's any good I'm sure it will be repeated ad nauseum and available for viewing online.

I'll see how it reviews on here, the other thread was locked.

I was surprised when I saw Disotell in the trailer. Money for nothing...for everyone...why not?

Did you see Smeja is on a team, too? That sinks it for me. I put him in the same category as Dyer.

I saw one or two other Footers I thought I recognized, have you seen a list of team members yet? I didn't see one on Spike's site.

I haven't even seen any trailers. From the Monstertalk interview, there are 9 2-person teams consisting of hardcore squatchers, big game hunters, and wildlife photographers. From what they say, it sounds like a lot of show is teaching them how to collect data, avoid contamination, and even do things like take good photographs.

The structure of the show consists of an initial competition (collecting DNA evidence for example) and the winners of the competition are awarded some kind of advantage for the "hunting part of the show (a night vision camera for example). And, of course, analysis and elimnination.

Disotell said that there was a lot of frustration on the part of the teams when they brought their evidence in for analysis.

LIke I said, it may be complete crap, but I'll give it a chance.

They could offer a $10 Billion bounty on Bigfoot wouldn't matter.. Cause Bigfoots not real. Or is he? :ph34r:

Hell with it, I'm going hunting. When does bigfoot season open? :gun:

Edited by Ogbin